ayser

Banned from US1222

Was playing with my mate bill (That's not his IGN, not sure what it was, something like 'imdabesss'). I was on an ATV near where we parked our PBX, and the whole server was spawned to the NW airfield. Someone kept screaming "Don't shoot, don't shoot anyone". I was scared since I had my good gear on, and ran behind a trash can and aborted (there was 20+ people there). Waited till my friend was gonna get on with me, and he was at NW airfield too when we both spawned in. We met up, and started heading back to where our stuff is. While we were running, we saw someone with the name "S" (It was 2 S's in one, not sure what it's called) and we told him to stop running. He stopped, and he did what we told him to do (Get on the ground, crouch, etc). I asked my friend if we should kill him, and he said naa. He dropped the AS50 he had and gave it to him, then we ran off. Later then, we were running through the forest about 5 clicks away from out stuff, and we saw cows dropping from the sky with parachutes. We had a good laugh, and ran down there. I saw a rabbit, and was like "Meh" and shot it. Then in the chat, I saw "S has been killed by EG.IdrA (friendly)". We both were like, wait, what? He was a rabbit? I then suspected he was hacking, but I didn't mind much since it was just cows flying. We ran off and my friend logged off because he was scared he would die of a hacker.

I was running on my own, and I saw in chat that the dude "S" was typing to me in chat. He was really friendly, asked if I was the real IdrA, but explained I was just using it as a hidden name from my real name (I was streaming a bit yesterday). He spawned me a white truck and filled it up with gas because he found out where I was going (Apparently found our camp) and knew how far it was. We both then said farewell, and when I got to my camp, I saw him there messing around! He spawned a bus, a ATV, and a boat! I didn't say anything, as he is a hacker, capable of completely destroying our base, and our life on the server. I was actually being really friendly with him as he was to me. Later he changed his name to "EG.Incontrol" (It's another EG member, if you play Starcraft 2, you'll know both of these names), but I was in no way affiliated with him. He was hanging around with us, and even got in our chopper to spectate what we were doing. Once again, I didn't say anything, I don't want to get anyone with hacks mad at us. We were flying around, found an ATV at snilchnoy (I know I spelled it wrong, it's the town under berizino). We went back to our place, Incontrol was still with us just hanging around. Me and my friends over teamspeak decided to blow up the stuff he spawned here so we don't get in trouble. (Spawned a bus, He took the bike he spawned for himself, and a boat). A little after that we got into a little gun fight with someone at our place, killed them, and landed our chopper. He then spawned a bike for himself, and drove off. Haven't seen him for a while. We were goofing off a little bit, and we decided to take the chopper and go to stary. Once me and my friend got in the chopper, I turned it on. Auto hover on, bla bla, the standard I do, started to pull up into the air, and got "session lost". A minute or two later, the server was up, and all of my buddies were able to get on fine, but I am banned from the server. I can assure you I don't hack, as it spoils the game for many players. You can search my computer through teamViewer, or whatever other program (Only the server owner, no one else, not trying to get blackhatted). Been playing the game for almost 1 1/2 years, and I don't see the point of ruining it with hacks now.

Edit - If your wondering why he gave up his AS50 to "S", we wanted to make someones day epic, and he had no gear on, so why not..

Edited by Ayser

server ban or global ban?

server ban or global ban?

Server. I enjoy playing on that server, as me and my friends already have a camp setup. We've been playing for a little over a week on that server straight I believe, and if this is permanent, a week of life is gone at the blink of an eye.

Edited by Ayser

Three questions,

1) The server does not have player names turned on. How did you see his name?

2) You said you suspected he was hacking. Why did you spend what seems to be a very long time with him?

3) Who and where exactly are you requesting to be spawned in this thread? http://dayzmod.com/f...ing-to-hacking/

Edited by Deimos
  • Like 1

OK so that was a nice tall tail and all but here are the real scripts.

17:09:28 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: yo

17:09:45 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: lol

17:10:04 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: i play zerg, but w/e

17:10:10 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: So do I'

17:10:13 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Zerg all day

17:10:16 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Protoss A-move nty

17:10:17 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: :P

17:10:23 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: bronze league superstar here

17:10:27 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Lol niceeeee

17:10:30 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: dont play much, but i like watching it

17:10:32 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Still stuck in plat

17:10:54 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Dayumm

17:10:55 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: No engine

17:11:01 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: here

17:11:11 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: LOL

17:11:14 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Thanks :D

17:11:26 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: the boat is gone :/

17:11:51 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Its all good lol

17:11:54 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: i didnt save it

17:12:07 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: If there was a weather hack

17:12:17 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: its only local

17:12:20 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Should leave it thundering all day hehe :P

17:12:23 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Yea.

17:12:30 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: like i can change what you see, but it wouldnt change anything for me

17:12:32 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: All the client sided crap

17:13:55 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Where do you even find these hacks lol.

17:13:59 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Purchased them or something?

17:14:04 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: googlea

17:14:09 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Shoulda known lol

17:04:41 Player EG.iNcontroL conn17:18:28 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: kinda strange how you have to look at the tail roter to get at the gear

17:18:48 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: I know right lol.

17:19:02 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Welcome to Arma >_>

17:19:11 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: you a long time player, or a dayz buyer?

17:19:20 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: dayz buyer

17:19:28 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Nice lol. like it?

17:19:37 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: it is unique

17:19:42 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Lol yea.

17:19:55 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: a friend of mine suggested i download it a few months before dayz came out

17:20:10 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: i didn't because the graphics looked dumb to me

17:20:17 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Lol oh god

17:20:24 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: but they really are quite nice idk what i was thinking

17:20:27 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Graphics don't make a game :P

17:20:33 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: yea they can get nice

17:21:33 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: turtleneck your friend?

17:21:44 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Not sure, he's around here with a ghilli

17:21:47 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Oh yea

17:24:01 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: i may have crashed a helicopter or two earlier

17:24:28 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: Nice flying lol, where at?

17:25:05 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: near that big ass mountain between electro and cherno

17:26:19 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: nooo, not mitt romney

17:26:44 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: Picking up a friend now

17:26:56 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: theres no one on the island :P

17:27:01 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: hes logging in now lol

17:27:07 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: ESP hacks i see xD

17:28:10 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: let me hop in the back

17:29:00 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Come in :P

17:30:15 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: lol, sorry, just getting a ghillie to match the squad, lol

17:30:22 BattlEye Server: (Direct) Conor: sup

17:30:25 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: redudant lol's are fail

17:30:40 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: redundant**

17:30:46 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: fuuuuu

17:31:14 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: if you land i can

17:31:26 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: but it might desync him

17:32:23 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: is richard a friendly?

17:32:26 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: Yep

17:34:54 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: Lol yep

17:36:05 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: *facepalm

17:36:15 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: RICHARD

17:36:19 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: NOOOO

17:36:21 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: Spawn him here please lol

17:36:34 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: if you land :P

• Like 1

Three questions,

1) The server does not have player names turned on. How did you see his name?

2) You said you suspected he was hacking. Why did you spend what seems to be a very long time with him?

3) Who and where exactly are you requesting to be spawned in this thread? http://dayzmod.com/f...ing-to-hacking/

1. I saw his name because he was typing to us.

2. I don't want to get any hacker mad at me, since it's not just my work at our camp, it's 7 peoples work, and I don't want to ruin it for my friends because I pissed off a hacker. I was super nice and neglected nothing of his decisions, for the fateful question of "Why not...?" might come up and rage would ensume.

3. He asked if one of the guys there was our friend and I said yes. my friend died from accidentally getting ran over. He offered to spawn my friend back to us to save us a trip. To make things quicker I said why not, that's a good 10 minutes saved..

Edit - @Issom:

Nice tall tail? I hope you're not saying i'm lying. You can check the chat logs yourself I see. The logs you posted are just me and him having a chat about starcraft 2 for a bit, and if there was a weather hack or mod, i'd keep it thundering all day (I love the weather). And the ending of the chat logs are explained here

"He asked if one of the guys there was our friend and I said yes. my friend died from accidentally getting ran over. He offered to spawn my friend back to us to save us a trip. To make things quicker I said why not, that's a good 10 minutes saved.."

Edit #2 - Also, if you really think i'm affiliated with this hacker, why would I hang out with him for only about 30 some minutes out of the whole week+ I've been on the server? I don't see why I would purposely want to hack when i'm very content with what I have...

Edited by Ayser

1. I saw his name because he was typing to us.

2. I don't want to get any hacker mad at me, since it's not just my work at our camp, it's 7 peoples work, and I don't want to ruin it for my friends because I pissed off a hacker. I was super nice and neglected nothing of his decisions, for the fateful question of "Why not...?" might come up and rage would ensume.

3. He asked if one of the guys there was our friend and I said yes. my friend died from accidentally getting ran over. He offered to spawn my friend back to us to save us a trip. To make things quicker I said why not, that's a good 10 minutes saved..

So to recap, you say hacking hurts the game and you don't agree with hacking. However you admit you knew this EG.iNcontroL was hacking. Furthermore, you and your group directly benefited from the hacker knowingly by having him spawn you engine parts. But most damning of all, you openly admit you asked the hacker to teleport your dead teammate directly to you to save some time.

You may not have been running the hacks yourself, but you were a knowing and willing accomplice to the hacks. Righteous ban in my opinion.

• Like 1

So to recap, you say hacking hurts the game and you don't agree with hacking. However you admit you knew this EG.iNcontroL was hacking. Furthermore, you and your group directly benefited from the hacker knowingly by having him spawn you engine parts. But most damning of all, you openly admit you asked the hacker to teleport your dead teammate directly to you to save some time.

You may not have been running the hacks yourself, but you were a knowing and willing accomplice to the hacks. Righteous ban in my opinion.

I admit he was hacking? I said he was hacking, I didn't admit anything, I'm hiding nothing. Me and my group didn't benefit from it at all. We blew up the vehicles he spawned here, and everything is as is when he wasn't here.. If you read, I said "I was super nice and neglected nothing of his decisions, for the fateful question of "Why not...?" might come up and rage would ensume." It saved time, and it was out of the blue, why not? Of course I hate hackers, everyone does, but with a camp that you and 6 others worked on, you don't say "fuck off" to a hacker hoping he'll take it nicely. Like I said, he stayed around us by his choice, I wasn't against anything he did because, repeating myself once again, I don't want him to get mad. I always keep trouble away from me, and if it's easily preventable, then why not prevent it instead of causing up a storm.

Ayser, you are dumb. There was no point in posting this. The Admin is not going to unban you. Find yourself a new server. Avoid hackers like the plague.

• Like 3

Me and my group didn't benefit from it at all.

Dunno how you are not seeing my argument. I really can't make it any clearer which is why I am just replying to your post using your quotes.

• Like 1

And yet the further I dig into the logs the more I find that it was not as innocent as you claim.

17:37:50 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: Any idea how to refill ammo for the uh1h?

17:37:56 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: hrm

17:38:56 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: not that i see

17:39:36 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: i can repair it, but i dont think the refills the ammo

17:39:47 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: incontrol

17:39:51 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: ,

17:39:52 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: do me a favor please, who's at our camp?

17:40:10 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: dabest and two others

17:40:15 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: Names pls

17:40:28 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: they are overlapping

17:40:34 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: cant read em at all

17:40:54 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: one of them is kinderbuds

17:40:57 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: -_-

17:41:08 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: other is b*tchwhore

17:41:52 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: lol, i may have teleported him to us in attempt to drop him from the sky

17:41:57 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: It worked lol

17:42:16 Player B*tchWhore disconnected.

17:42:16 BattlEye Server: Player #22 B*tchWhore disconnected

17:42:19 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: Can you get us barb wire/sandbags?

17:42:31 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: a fair amount

17:43:03 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: TURTLENECK

17:43:37 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: Spawn him here please?

17:43:42 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: He wanted to parachute LOL

17:46:30 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: inside this tent

• Like 3

17:37:50 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: Any idea how to refill ammo for the uh1h?

17:39:36 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: i can repair it, but i dont think the refills the ammo

17:39:52 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: do me a favor please, who's at our camp?

Didn't benefit my ass. Logs show you directly asking for benefits. Stay banned, I hope you get a global.

• Like 3

And yet the further I dig into the logs the more I find that it was not as innocent as you claim.

17:39:47 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: incontrol

17:39:51 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: ,

17:40:57 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: -_-

17:41:08 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: other is b*tchwhore

17:41:52 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: lol, i may have teleported him to us in attempt to drop him from the sky

17:41:57 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: It worked lol

17:42:16 Player B*tchWhore disconnected.

17:42:16 BattlEye Server: Player #22 B*tchWhore disconnected

17:43:42 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: He wanted to parachute LOL

17:46:30 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.iNcontroL: inside this tent

That's when there were 2 people in our camp, friend told me we were getting raided, just wanted to know who they were. If you're going to make a big deal out of me asking for their names, go ahead, but we killed them either way and found out 2 minutes after.

"17:41:52 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.iNcontroL: lol, i may have teleported him to us in attempt to drop him from the sky

17:41:57 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: It worked lol"

He teleported one of the enemies body's to the chopper (He was already dead), it was his choice, no one told him to do anything since my friends and I were doing comms through teamspeak.

"17:42:19 BattlEye Server: (Vehicle) EG.IdrA: Can you get us barb wire/sandbags?

17:43:42 BattlEye Server: (Direct) EG.IdrA: He wanted to parachute LOL"

Friend alt tabbed in and hit eject (His fault), made up an excuse saying he wanted to parachute out so he doesn't look like a fool, so saving the 10 minute fly again we asked him to spawn him here. He spawned us several items (around 10 Barb wires, 15 sandbags, and then planted bear traps all around me and my friend for jokes). Everything he gave us is destroyed, and I believe we lost 1 ATV and a motorcycle because of a bad grenade blowing up the spawned vehicles. I don't have time to argue all night (2 AM here). I asked him for several things (Spawning friends from accidents, small items). I'm sorry that I asked for them, but they're all gone. Can you just announce if i'm going to be unbanned or not, since I would really like to go to bed soon.

Edit -

Didn't benefit my ass. Logs show you directly asking for benefits. Stay banned, I hope you get a global.

Why are you making something between the server admin and me your fight? I won't get a global, since I didn't use any cheats/exploits. The hacker may, but not me, since BattlEye actually knows what to look for.

Edited by Ayser

I asked him for several things (Spawning friends from accidents, small items). I'm sorry that I asked for them, but they're all gone. Can you just announce if i'm going to be unbanned or not, since I would really like to go to bed soon.

Edit -

Why are you making something between the server admin and me your fight? I won't get a global, since I didn't use any cheats/exploits. The hacker may, but not me, since BattlEye actually knows what to look for.

I play on that server, hence my interest in this topic. This is my fight. This is every legit player's fight. Why, because despite your claims of disliking hacking and avoiding it, you and people like you are even worse than the hackers. You hide behind your self-righteous attitude about hacking all the while directly benefiting from ill gotten gains. What's even more funny, now that the admin has posted evidence that completely outs you as a liar, you admitting to asking for hacking benefits, and try to justify it by saying they were just small things and that you are sorry. Had you truly had integrity, you would have not even associated with the hacker in the first place. Good riddance.

Caught red-handed you are. /yoda

Edited by Deimos
  • Like 1

I play on that server, hence my interest in this topic. This is my fight. This is every legit player's fight. Why, because despite your claims of disliking hacking and avoiding it, you and people like you are even worse than the hackers. You hide behind your self-righteous attitude about hacking all the while directly benefiting from ill gotten gains. What's even more funny, now that the admin has posted evidence that completely outs you as a liar, you admitting to asking for hacking benefits, and try to justify it by saying they were just small things and that you are sorry. Had you truly had integrity, you would have not even associated with the hacker in the first place. Good riddance.

Caught red-handed you are. /yoda

I don't mind that he posts "evidence", it's 2 AM, and of course i'm not going to remember everything on the top of my head. A nice refresh of memory is what is was, thank's for trying to white-knight though. I'm tired and waiting for his response. Apparently you still can't read and I have to repeat myself several times to you. Here, let me help you with that.

We blew it up.

Edited by Ayser

Shut the fuck up Deimos. The guy was a hacker and ayser played along with it because he didnt want the hacker to ruin the camp site that took us forever to build. Like he said, we have been playing in that server for over a week now, and he didnt want the hacker to wipe it all out with a blink of an eye.

He wanted the hacker to spawn things in who the fuck cares rofl, Im sure you would have done the same thing.

Shut the fuck up Deimos. The guy was a hacker and ayser played along with it because he didnt want the hacker to ruin the camp site that took us forever to build. Like he said, we have been playing in that server for over a week now, and he didnt want the hacker to wipe it all out with a blink of an eye.

He wanted the hacker to spawn things in who the fuck cares rofl, Im sure you would have done the same thing.

I think this is the end of thread right here. :P

Edited by JamesTheBrit
  • Like 1

The only problem I see here is that the ban was for something that he cannot be banned for as per Rocket. Suspected hackers are to be reported and the issue resolved by the DayZ mod team. Ban should be lifted and both the hacker and the OP who was requesting goods from the hacker should be reported to the DayZ devs to be reviewed.

Follow the rules people...quit trying to break them just because you think you are special.

Are you really so daft, you can't see how idiotic your argument is? You really don't see anything wrong with having a hacker spawn you items and teleport you somewhere because it isn't you running the hack? Serious question...are you seven years old? If you are that would explain a lot of things as I expect a seven year old to not have a sense of right and wrong yet.

While I can say I would like to think I have some integrity and wouldn't have associated with a hacker for my own benefit, the point is moot. The point however, is that Ayser did associate with the hacker. Ayser did knowingly benefit from the hacker. Ayser did get caught red handed and got banned for it. It appears also that after he got caught, he had everyone not banned destroy the stuff so he could claim the equivalent of "Hey FBI, we robbed this bank to get ahead in the world, but we decided to burn the money afterwards. We're sorry so we're cool right?" The fact that Ayser says he was on TS with all his buddies and he was having the hacker teleport players suggests that your whole group is culpable.

Edit:

The only problem I see here is that the ban was for something that he cannot be banned for as per Rocket. Suspected hackers are to be reported and the issue resolved by the DayZ mod team. Ban should be lifted and both the hacker and the OP who was requesting goods from the hacker should be reported to the DayZ devs to be reviewed.

Follow the rules people...quit trying to break them just because you think you are special.

You can't be serious. Server admin posts logs with evidence of the hacker and people directly benefiting from the hack and you think the ban should be lifted? It isn't a global ban, he can go play elsewhere, hopefully he will learn from this and be more careful.

Edited by Deimos
  • Like 1

Crakka, you aren't helping your buddies case. If it were up to me, you would both have global ban, but consider yourself lucky and shut the fuck up.

• Like 1

You can't be serious. Server admin posts logs with evidence of the hacker and people directly benefiting from the hack and you think the ban should be lifted? It isn't a global ban, he can go play elsewhere, hopefully he will learn from this and be more careful.

Yes...I am serious. Rules are there for a reason. I admins are allowed to ban for hacking then abusive admins will start banning every player they don't like for hacking without proof. This is why the DayZ devs want to review things first. Report them as the devs have requested and then if they deserve a ban they will get one.

I am not saying they don't deserve bans. Based on the logs (assuming they are not fabricated as there is no way to tell when shit is copy/pasted.) I would say the hacker needs a global ban and the OP who was asking for hacked items needs a temp global ban. But that is not for myself or the server admin to decide...its up to the DayZ staff.

Edited by Vertisce

Yes...I am serious. Rules are there for a reason. I admins are allowed to ban for hacking then abusive admins will start banning every player they don't like for hacking without proof. This is why the DayZ devs want to review things first. Report them as the devs have requested and then if they deserve a ban they will get one.

I am not saying they don't deserve bans. Based on the logs (assuming they are not fabricated as there is no way to tell when shit is copy/pasted.) I would say the hacker needs a global ban and the OP who was asking for hacked items needs a temp global ban. But that is not for myself or the server admin to decide...its up to the DayZ staff.

I've read all I can from Rocket's posts and can't find where he says "You cannot ban hackers." I think you are too much reading into the rules:

In short, their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

The context of that quote is about admins kicking people to make room for clan members, and how kicking for clan members is abused to hide that admins were kicking for spying, stealing, etc.

Rocket does however state:

I have only insisted on one real rule for server owners:

Everyone gets equal, fair, access to the world

The OP and hacker clearly violated that rule and the ban should stand based on the server admins logs. Hell, like Neo said above, based on that rule from Rocket, the whole group should be banned.

However if you can find me where Rocket explicitly states "You can't ban people for hacking" then please enlighten me, because I can't find it.

Further more, this isn't an instance of banning without proof. Not only is their proof, you have two of the group outright admitting they were being helped by the hacker. Had their been no evidence, fine. Even with evidence it is still one sided as you say, the logs could be edited. However when two of the people involved in the incident admit they were getting items and teleports from the hacker, I really don't see the issue.

Edited by Deimos

Of course you haven't read anything where Rocket has said you can't ban hackers...because he didn't say that. What he did say was that there are only two reasons to ban someone. Malicious talk and racism. Neither of those look like hacking to me.

Learn to read. Stop breaking the rules because you think you know better. You aren't special.