Vescend

Your saddest moment in Dayz

So i just wanted to ask all of you guys..and girls ;) whats the saddest thing that happend to you in Dayz? like ''gear lost, friend or you died'' or anything! :)

Heres mine:

So me and my friend found our first helicopter found on skalisty island, fixed it upp, i drove it to quarry and we fixed more jerry cans for it, with almost a full tank i lifted up in the air,

and i out of nowhere lost controll of my helicopter...dived head forward into quarry and BOOOM..no more heli :( ..heres what it looked like afterwards!

i guess its time to look for a new one :D

Edited by Vescend
  • Like 1

I found a bunch of items I've never used before like GPS, NV goggles and a DMR on a dead body on a roof overlooking the fire station north of electro. After taking these items his friend gunned me down.

The story is longer than that, but basically I got to hold a few items I'd been wanting to play with and never got to use them :(

I found it on skalisty island just outside elektro :)

Edited by Vescend

I was starving, losing blood quickly due to my lack of food.

Suddenly i spot a bunny... and I KILLED IT!!!

I salted the flesh with my tears as i cooked and ate it.

My body survived, but my soul died that day.

• Like 5

Met a girl in Balota and we teamed up. Hiked it all the way to Cherno and got separated thanks to aggro'd zombies. I tell her to hide inside somewhere. I find a small interior to funnel zeds into my hatchet. After they're all dead, I'm just about to locate the girl when I see more zombies heading my way, so I go back to my hiding place and start hacking. Two whacked zombies in I hear a girl scream as I had accidentally hacked her running in behind them. I felt so bad because of her last words were "why...?" I had failed her and never found her again. It still haunts me.

I fired a lee-enfield in cherno and lived to tell the tale, until 5 minutes later some cunt with a makarov shot me.

Or the time I found a gps on a deerstand a few hours later I found one at balota, didnt loot it though.

Edited by amudkipz

My saddest moment was probably when I spawned for the first time and I walked up to a guy, But he wasn't a guy, He was a zombie.

• Like 4

found an ak-74 and 4 clips...i loved that gun...it was the only automatic weapon i've ever had....and i lost it in the grass when i was getting food :C

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Broke my leg in Devils Castle and crawled all the way to Vybor on a 20 day old character. Got help from a medic so YAY i can walk again. Had to log off after that. Log on later and i hear a chopper. Since they are back i dont pay it any attention. But i keep hearing it... so i decide to change servers. Next server i have no backpack no guns and no tools...

im not way upset over it cus ya dont ever get attached to your gear or your character but im really really treating this guy as a true survivor. So im not gonna go commit suicide.

Time to regear... /sigh

Fixed a helicopter after 7-8 hours of intense fighting against 2 other groups at Skalisty Island.

Ended up dying 20 minutes later with the helicopter to a teleporting hacker.

My saddest moment goes like this.

A couple of my buddies and myself were camping NWAF looking for people to come through. What can i say, I may or may not play the bandit role occasionally. We are all in skype and I hear something. I immediately tell everyone to be quiet for a minute, and there it is. The undeniable sound of a helicopter headed our way. I'm armed with an AS50 and had already decided that if I see it, I'm shooting it. Unfortunately it never flies through my path but my buddy spots it landing in a field. He claims three survivors get out of the helicopter and dart straight for the airfield. At this time I was thinking this has got to be too good to be true. A helicopter just landed no more than 1500m away and not a single person is next to it. I then instruct my buddies to keep and eye on these guys and tell me what they are doing non stop. I take off running. I head out of the airfield as not to draw any attention to myself and run to the north western field outside of the AF. There it is, just 600m out. I lay down in the tree line and scope for a possible guard. No one. I run until I'm about 300m out and hit the deck and scope it out again, all is clear. Then i run all the way up to it, not a single shot was fired. I hop in, all is green. hold q for take off and my buddies start taking fire. Sorry guys but we have a helicopter ill just pick you up. They both die but I'm off and way clear of the airfield. I head to where one of them spawned in so I could share the enjoyment of our new toy. I land flawlessly and we take off. Not 30 seconds into our flight I red link, lose connection and the helicopter goes down. Killing my friend yet again. I re spawn right next to the crash and it is destroyed. I get my buddies killed twice, have a helicopter for no more than 7 minutes, and my connection ruins it all. was a sad day.

Still love this game

Log on later and i hear a chopper. Since they are back i dont pay it any attention. But i keep hearing it... so i decide to change servers. Next server i have no backpack no guns and no tools...

A server switcher lost his gear. This is the opposite of a sad story.

I bet you still play all day every day. :P

Nope haven't played in a week i uninstalled it. And I won't play unless they make it a PvZ zombie MMO or at least some server. And if that does not happen I will go War Z since they seem to take some good prospects from this game and make it better!

This is not a zombie appocolyps MMO its a hyperactive noob shooting fest filled with duppers and hackers. It's just stupid. People create server, they put password, log in hack the shit out of it rig themselves with all the best stuff , then remove the password and prey on people that have no clue whats going on!

It's the worst setup i ever seen and it will fail bigtime!

A server switcher lost his gear. This is the opposite of a sad story.

its not something i normally do. i figured something was up cus the chopper stayed right near me. So i log. I was not server hopping. Turns out i was right.

Nope haven't played in a week i uninstalled it. And I won't play unless they make it a PvZ zombie MMO or at least some server. And if that does not happen I will go War Z since they seem to take some good prospects from this game and make it better!

This is not a zombie appocolyps MMO its a hyperactive noob shooting fest filled with duppers and hackers. It's just stupid. People create server, they put password, log in hack the shit out of it rig themselves with all the best stuff , then remove the password and prey on people that have no clue whats going on!

Can you stop posting on these forums please?

My saddest moment is when i commited my first murder.

I was looting a hospital. A noob runs in with his makorov and immediatly starts shooting at me. I take a few rounds, mash capslock and yelling "FRIENDLY FREINDLY STOP FIRING DAMNIT".

I take out my makorov and shoot back, we duck back and forth around the corner a few times, finally my magazine runs dry.

I switch to my shotgun and blow his legs out, he falls under the counter. Both our legs are broken, he's getting mauled by all the zombies he pulled, i crawl... slowwly... around the corner ... put my shotgun to the back of his head and pull the trigger.

[bandits killed]: 1

I want to meet friendly survivors :( I didn't even think to loot him.

If you don't like ARMA 2 you could contact steam support and ask for a refund, I believe they can give you a special one time refund on any game you want as a gesture of good customer service . Do that and stop bitching about a mod that's in alpha state. No one's going to stop you.

When I had to kill someone who was probably poor and defenseless. Poor guy never saw it coming :(.

"Had" to kill him?