Sign in to follow this  
Bulk

Since everyone's so bummhurt about Scoped rifles and suppressed weapons.

This is going to sound painfully obvious, and those who own sniper rifles are going to OBVIOUSLY cry about it.

Rifles are just as common as they are now.

Magazines for rifles will be, at best 1/4 capacity.

.50 cal rifle mags will only have 1 round in them. You cannot shove more ammo into the mags.

Why? Simple! Because this makes it a chore to own a sniper rifle now.

In my group there are 2 people that have .50 cal rifles. And over 50 rounds each. Another has a DMR and regularly runs with around 100 rounds in that. Do they need to make sure every shot counts? NO, if they miss they have at least 50 rounds for follow up shots. Changing this will make sniping more of a conscious "yes, this is the best action, using my valuable ammo and also making one hell of a racket near me" decision rather than "lulz I'm proMLG faggors"

As for suppressed weapons. To make them function as they do now you need a water bottle (to fill the baffles with water) and you get the fully suppressed effect. That bonus works ONLY for one magazine. After that you need refill the suppressor again with water, using a water-bottle or anywhere you can fill a water-bottle with. If the suppressor is fired while dry then the gun is only half as quiet as it would normally be.

This makes them still viable, and valuable. But using them "full on f'ing silent" means committing to it.

"Because it makes it harder to snipe" is not a valid reason for allowing .50 cal rifles to have only 1 round per mag.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of snipers and the like, but I would prefer a better 'solution' than this.

• Like 4

lmaooooooooooooooooo 1 bullet per mag...no

they need to make it rarer and the ammo alot rarer if anything m107 mags are so easy to find the as50 nato mags ive only found like 3 of those and ive found alot of as50s

also silent weapons dont do shit for dmg why are so many people crying about them lately the range sucks and the m4 does like 2 k dmg a shotthe others are below 1k a shot now

just be happy they dont have a silent m107

• Like 1

mh, I wont trade the weapon- "realism" with "I think its more fair"...

really? one-shot-mags? whats in it after that? a ten shot hatchet? beating people to death with an empty enfield?

Yes one shot mags. It makes .50s lest desirable unless they're being used for their intended purpose. Disabling vehicles. If someone's going to use a sniper rifle make them pay the price of low ammo capacity.

Not only does it balance it out, but that's rather realistic. What are the chances going to be that you found a m107 and 3 mags full of ammo? No, really you'd probably find it with one full mag and 3-4 in the mag that's loaded into the gun.

And as it sets with the ammo glitch (wow I'm a noob I just noticed this!) of re-spawning with full ammo. People would not be able to sit outside of the big traffic areas laying prone from 400+m furiously clicking their mouse and missing 8 times before finally winging a person and then disconnecting so they can top their mags off again.

There should be most Russians Snipers in this map, Americans very rare,

Russians Scopes (PSO-1) are kinda tricky to hit the target perfectly, so it would be harder and wouldnt destroy 'realism' in the game

just saying...

Not only does it balance it out, but that's rather realistic. What are the chances going to be that you found a m107 and 3 mags full of ammo? No, really you'd probably find it with one full mag and 3-4 in the mag that's loaded into the gun.

Its a zombie apocalypse, what part of this game is realistic?

Stop running into clearings and/or standing on roofs; you'll get sniped less.

I spot for our groups sniper, and I'm constantly having to fend off agro zombies, as the AS50 and M107 are both as loud as hell.

Just play with your head, its easy to counter getting sniped.

Also, suppressed rifles are shite at anything over 100m anyways.

You're only at real danger from them up close, so just watch your six and make sure you don't let anyone sneak up on you.

If you DO get snuck up on and wasted with a suppressed gun, you deserved it for letting your guard down.

Terrible idea .....i just think they should be removed ,tbh u wanna play army then play arma2 and let the rest of us play the zombie survival game that dayz is trying to be

Its a zombie apocalypse, what part of this game is realistic?

Stop running into clearings and/or standing on roofs; you'll get sniped less.

I spot for our groups sniper, and I'm constantly having to fend off agro zombies, as the AS50 and M107 are both as loud as hell.

Just play with your head, its easy to counter getting sniped.

Also, suppressed rifles are shite at anything over 100m anyways.

You're only at real danger from them up close, so just watch your six and make sure you don't let anyone sneak up on you.

If you DO get snuck up on and wasted with a suppressed gun, you deserved it for letting your guard down.

Well, this game is getting realism that would exist in a apocalyptic world, think a bit buddy, before saying non-sense things.

First, .50 guns arent even used in common operations of the army, only when they are trying to destroy a Chopper or even a tank, you people must learn that, just that CoD added .50cal in the game just to kill people, doesnt mean that it is used for it,

This game should make .50cal weapons almost impossible to find.

Boltaction bullpup 50 cal's then? Better accuracy than semiauto, small mags, slow rate of fire and slow reload.

Boltaction bullpup 50 cal's then? Better accuracy than semiauto, small mags, slow rate of fire and slow reload.

you guys need to stop crying just cuz you died a couple times to 50s or they blew up your little sedan...if they did make it one round mags you guys would start bitching about dmrs. just play the game without coming on the forums crying that everything that kills you should be removed i have seen a like 1 thread for every gun in the game saying it should be removed. if anything they probably shoulda put the bolt action barret in instead of having 2 semi auto 50s but oh well stop complaining.

Actually,there should be more Russian Sniper rifles (Dragunov,Vintorez etc.). 1 shot per mag is a bit too much,i'd say that you could find only one full mag out of 5 , and the rest with half of the bullets.