ProGrasTiNation

New way of getting blood! ( Player to Player Transfusion)

First off im one of those heads that usualy hang back & only come out with my voice if there was some retarded gameplay element going to be added to the show.

but i think adding player to player transfusion as another way of getting some blood back would really add to some teamplay,it would have to be any option both parties agree to before the procces could be started & maybe even add in the option to have a %chance of curing someone that was sick if you were the healthy donor.

You could as far as lets say you keep the i.v after use but using it again you risk picking up serious illness,so theyre is a need to always find clean equipment.

Also why not have the i.v as a necessary part for using a blood bag on another player,that comes with the same penalties of using a used i.v.

& just in case your wondering yes your blood goes down & the person giving the blood would have the option to stop the transfusion before his blood got to low,but hey why not make it so if youre blood got to low you fainted & the other player would get the option to keep taking blood or cut the transfer(i think someone out there with a wireless keyboard or mouse would go wired if that got them killed LOL)

Sorry if that wall of text hurt yours eyes but i thought this to be a very good idea that needed to be put out there.

Peace out!

post-3616-0-72679600-1343694718_thumb.jp

Edited by ProGrasTiNation
  • Like 7

So summarized:

Player can donate their own blood to another player, provided he has an IV needle thing.

The issue is if you're going to need any item to do a risky transfer, why not use just a bloodbag?

So summarized:

Player can donate their own blood to another player, provided he has an IV needle thing.

The issue is if you're going to need any item to do a risky transfer, why not use just a bloodbag?

im thinking the i.v is a seperate component to the blood bag & can be used to do the Player to player if you used up all your bloodbags,the blood bag would need an i.v to be used on a player making giving blood harder than it is now.

Dont we all want a harder game?

Edited by ProGrasTiNation

I was thinking make blood bags a little more rare, and add transfusion tubes, it would increase team play, and allow people with an interesting alternative to blood bags and meat.

I was thinking make blood bags a little more rare, and add transfusion tubes, it would increase team play, and allow people with an interesting alternative to blood bags and meat.

well yes that is what an i.v is,but yes rare bloodbags would be good start. Edited by ProGrasTiNation

Its really great that you're thinking this way but from a medical perspective, medic to casualty transfusion takes a long time AND how much blood would you give anyway? Half a liter?

I think it's a good idea. The only problem I can see is designing the mechanic for it.

I don't really think this would make too much of a difference to the game but I wouldn't oppose it.

One thing I would like is an IV item which is required for blood transfusions and the ability to perform one on yourself. It makes no sense that you can give someone a transfusion but not yourself, lol.

daisy chained iv's for maximum blood through output. You character then becomes a blood sucker.

Its really great that you're thinking this way but from a medical perspective, medic to casualty transfusion takes a long time AND how much blood would you give anyway? Half a liter?

Good points but i think if your going to be doing a transfusion it should take a lot longer than it is now anyway,you should be very vunurable if your going to be doinging anything that revolves around gaining blood back.

& in regard to how much blood do you give up,well you have 12000 blood so its up to you how much you give away.But as i stated you risk disease & possible unconsious.

How about adding it as a survival mechanic. You could, in theory, knock a player out with the crowbar (no such mechanic in the game, as far as I know) and then drain from them as much as you need in 30 seconds (regardless of amount, to give the victim a chance to kill you). I doubt that the mechanic would be used frequently. However it would make the crowbar a useful item, as a main weapon. You could be low on blood, see a noob and try to refill from him, with a 5-10% chance of infection for you. Which can only be cured by antibiotics (which I have only found after 1 month in dayz).

i like the base idea, but at all there musst be .. says around 1000 BP and a 50% chance to get infected ;-)

How about adding it as a survival mechanic. You could, in theory, knock a player out with the crowbar (no such mechanic in the game, as far as I know) and then drain from them as much as you need in 30 seconds (regardless of amount, to give the victim a chance to kill you). I doubt that the mechanic would be used frequently. However it would make the crowbar a useful item, as a main weapon. You could be low on blood, see a noob and try to refill from him, with a 5-10% chance of infection for you. Which can only be cured by antibiotics (which I have only found after 1 month in dayz).

Cool idea but i think groups would abuse it & make newbies lives even worse then it is now,thats why iv stated the need for some type of 2 player approval so you couldnt go around taking blood easily.

Also i would like it so if you were doing it for 30 seconds you wouldnt get much blood at all,,maybe a 100 or so.

You guys are forgetting one thing in this whole story. Blood bags are probably filled with the O negative (O-) blood group which is universal and can be given to any other blood groups (A, B or AB). So transfering your blood to someone else randomly could kill them if they are not able to receive the specific blood group you are in.

So its easier to believe that blood bags only contain O blood groups than that every single survivor also got the O blood group which is rare.

And id rather keep transfusions only on a player to player lvl, to increase player cooperation. Also make the transfusion longer and have slight side effects after administering. Like dizzyness, maybe a blurry screen for a minute or so. That way people cant be just patched up in a matter of 5-10 seconds.

When I read the title I just wanted to come in here and give everyone an aids lesson. lol!

I like the thought of player-player transfusion, but it would serve little purpose in most situations.

One of my friends uses blood bags like they're candy, and usually if we have time for a transfusion we have blood bags or quite a lot of food.

However I think it's a fun idea, but only if there is an infection chance.

Confirmed as Neat-o, and I support it.

if you want more team play making bloodbags rare and at in a iv item is a idea on its way, but a complicated one. Instead why just not remove the 800 blood gain on cooked meat / making it a lower number. Something on par with canned food.

I think this idea, but you need it to maybe transfers 100 blood every 2 seconds and have a cancel transfusion that both people have the option to do (they can just move at the risk of bleeding out, since violently ripping out a needle could cause severe bleeding). This way it takes time and moving can cause the one that did move to loss more blood, as well as the option to give a certain amount of blood to.