Sign in to follow this  
kauyon

Ambush in Cherno

It’s the second day that I’m alive and I was heading towards Cherno to meet up with my brother and a friend. I came from the northern regions where the gods were smiling upon me, I returned to Cherno with a FN FAL with 5 clips. Just up north Cherno we gathered in the woods. My two new companions were equipped with a Lee Enfield and a Winchester.

Both of them wanted to check out Cherno for some extra tools and ammo. After raiding the relative same apartments it was time to go to the centre. Us being very cautious, we first wanted to get a good sight of our surroundings. The three of us managed to obtain high points overlooking Cherno and more.

XRNCj.png

After scouting the area we prepared to go down, when suddenly my friend yells out survivors!! My brother and I immediately hit the deck and tried to spot them. I spotted them too, and my god, three ghillied man coming from Balota towards Cherno. Checking them I noticed high-caliber sniper rifles and silenced machineguns. We laid down, keeping an eye on them and hoping not to get spotted. But to our surprise they didn’t even checked the town and just ran in.

Going in guns blazing towards the fire stations it was clear for us that they had only one mission, military weaponry. And by the looks of it no one was going to stop them. But their gear made them cocky, unaware of anything in their surroundings. After entering the fire station my friend almost couldn’t get his nerves under control and wanted to shoot with his Winchester. Luckily we managed to talk him out of it, and they still didn’t look at the high buildings. After leaving the fire station their next stop was the military encampment.

This move opened up a huge possibility to ambush them. With the feeling that these guys were ruthless killers we decided in a split second we’d go for it. My brother aimed his iron sights of his Enfield on the first man in the group, but couldn’t get a clear shot. Time was ticking and he aimed at the second guy, he walked into his sight and…. BAM his skull opened up and he dropped dead on the floor. Zombies were attracted to the noise and the smell of fresh brains and stormed in with dozens at the same time. In total disorientation the two others lost each other in the mayhem.

In panic the first guy ran left around the corner, right in my killing field. With 4 Zombies on his tail he came around the corner. Without hesitation I fire two rounds. BAM! BAM! The first round misses my initial target but downs one of the infected. Before he even knew where that shot came from the second round hit him in his chest, ripping right through his body. He fell down with a sick making crack. While he was still alive the infected started feasting on his limbs. The poor bastard…. and I ended his life with a bullet.

The last guy decided to flee towards the coast. We never know if this was a good decision, because we didn’t kill him, but the zombies might have done the job.

ivC0m.png

After we killed the ghillied man we started to drop the Zeds. After the last one was dead we waited for about a minute. We started to go down with me still guarding the area, in case the survivor decided to show up again. We looted the bodies and they had gear we had only dreamed off; Silenced M4’s, AS50, GPS and rangefinders.

Together with these weapons I also gained something more valuable. No matter how well equipped you are, If you get incautious and cocky you end up dead.

Edited by Kauyon
  • Like 11

Indeed a cool story and well played by you guys :) Not just shooting on sight but really planing and executing it perfectly.

cool story, its always good to have your bro around when you need him the most :)

Nicely done, although they sound more like utter retards than cold hearted killers :P

Half expected some Dads' Army style intro to start when the map with the arrows popped up hehe.

Just goes to show that you can have all the gear in the world and still die to your own ignorance and poor planning!

Thanks all :lol:, tried to make a bit of a story out of it.

This was so tense, waiting for the best opportunity and not just to shoot to soon (or too late :P)