AGlumSon

Spectacularly stupid!

Well... I have been playing the game for a little over a week now and have already done some pretty stupid stuff. Some of it so spectacularly stupid that I didn't think myself capable of it before I started DayZ.

Starting from Gorka I got lost in the Black Forest, only to arrive on the other side of Gorka half an hour later....

After spawning close to Rog castle, I went there straight away, found some good starting gear, only to fall off the stairs and break my leg...

Being badly hurt already, I literally run into my first helicopter crash, only to find that there are zeds spawning as well...

But my newest stupidity I just need to share with all of you survivors out there...

I had just completed my first grand tour of Chernarus. I had a lucky break with an l85ar aws drop in my second copter crash and I was able to see and loot all the major sites. I already had some run ins with bandits and survivors that probably did not see me as they walked or ran past me. A group of survivors had been running for their lives from some zeds and I even downed a couple of them (zeds, not survivors, of course). So I was feeling pretty heroic when I finally ended up roughly where I started in a deer hut somewhere off the coast.

After rummaging around in the gear that had dropped there, I look up to find that I was pointing at another player called "Animal" 190 meters away (I hadn't even realized that I was on a "recruit" server till then). I tensed because the other player wasn't coming any closer and had probably already spotted me. I also knew I couldn't send him or her a direct message over that distance. I looked through my thermal sights and couldn't spot him or her, I figured he or she was probably behind some bushes or trees. I didn't want to get shot in the gut while I was descending the ladder of the deer hut, so I decided to stay put. "Animal" had been moving around a bit, but not in such a way that I could get him or her in my sights, so I adjusted my zeroing and waited.

And waited... and waited...

A tense 5 minutes later I finally caught a glimpse of my nemesis. It was small, hopped around and had two big ears. The "player Animal" that had given me such a scare was a rabbit... I spared the critters life, lolled a bit and logged off. Too ashamed to play any further tonight..

Edited by AGlumSon
  • Like 9

Make paragraphs, that is just a clutter... no one will read that, Wall of text.

I Read it and it was hilarious.

Hahaha, very funny story indeed... Though is what hard to read with no paragraphs.

I also read this.

Edited by Wolfcock

Make paragraphs, that is just a clutter... no one will read that, Wall of text.

I read it just fine and it was pretty damn funny. Nice one OP

I thought that a story of my stupidity should be accompanied by some stupid lay-outing... but for those of you that want it with paragraphs, I edited it. Now promise you will read it!

Edited by AGlumSon

LMAO. Its the Boar you need to watch out for, scare me every time!

haha this is brilliant! although i swear sometimes that the rabbits have it in for me... i never see them EXCEPT for when im crawling near other survivors, trying to get a fix on them, heart pounding, and then all of a sudden one of the little fuckers runs straight across my screen 6 inches away and scares the shit out of me

Rumors have it there's a white rabbit with nasty, big, pointy teeth somewhere in the north. It is known to have killed many brave and battle-hardened men. They call it the Killer Rabbit of Chernarus. I've also heard you need some special explosives to finish it off.

Rabbits give me the creeps, especially in open fields.