Sign in to follow this  
ramazoti

Heli Experts

guys why the heli is not keeping the fuel even on the ground and the engin off feul is gone is this a silly glitch or what?

As I've been reading through the forums[not from experience] I heard its not fully repaired the gas can leak.

But don't take my word for it. ^_~

Edited by teteiyusu

Repair EVERYFUCKING THING ON IT. Even the windows.

i've every thing in green but my glass is broken so i'll check and feed you back

thany guys

5 scrap metal

engine

rotor assembly

7-8 windows

everything needs to be fixed to stop the leak. weve had 2 choppers and stopped the leak on both, everything needs to be 100% fixed.

Edited by Buffjesus

5 scrap metal

engine

rotor assembly

7-8 windows

everything needs to be fixed to stop the leak

i think it more than 5 scrap metal evry thing red took 3 already

Does no one realize that it's a bug?

Granted, it can be eliminated by repairing absolutely everything on the helicopter, but do you "zomg DayZ is realistic" people not see how absurd it is that windows MUST be repaired prior to the fuel leak no longer being a problem?

Fixing the fuel tank should solve that problem.

Some people might say "well, the loss of additional fuel might be due to air friction and shit."

Not when it's parked on the ground, you genius.

• Like 1

Had this problem last night, can anyone tell me is it a bug that even after repairing everything it still stays red?

Also the wiki page says you need 6 scrap metal, do you have to put one on each part or does it just really need you to add 6 scrap metal to it? We must have put like 10 on but all the sections still showed red, then we refulled it and all the fuel must have fallen out cos 2 bits of glass were still broken.

4 scrap metal iirc.

Unless they changed it. You needed 1 scrap for each of the instruments/electronics.

If you have a leaky chopper you usually want to repair everything in an order you can remember. Do the rotor and engine, then the 4 scrap metal in order, then all the windows.

You may want to start with the windows, finish those, and test if it's still leaking. Then do the scrap, test again. Rather than using all the important parts first.

Edited by Dortmunder

I've encountered this most often with the Mi-17 family of helicopters. Sometimes you just need to fool around with a helicopter that is out of fuel and eveything on red, yellow or orange. I've nudged them with other vehicles, hopped in and out of them many times, and ran couched around and around them to get the repair option. One thing though, after repairing everything, you might want to hop in and out a few times before adding fuel, as sometimes you can add twenty jerrycans and get nowhere.

Had this problem last night, can anyone tell me is it a bug that even after repairing everything it still stays red?

Also the wiki page says you need 6 scrap metal, do you have to put one on each part or does it just really need you to add 6 scrap metal to it? We must have put like 10 on but all the sections still showed red, then we refulled it and all the fuel must have fallen out cos 2 bits of glass were still broken.

We had a few problems repairing vehicles too. Sometimes the part disappears, but the car remains broken. If you sit on the drivers-seat before repairing, this doesn't happen. If you are two or more people, let one sit in the drivers seat and then repair everything. no one should touch the car in the meantime. That usually works.

For helis. The glass needs to fixed or it leaks fuel. Seems like the fueltank is made of glass here. It's not true that you have to repair every part for every vehicle tough, as some cars have wheel2 and middle-wheel items, that are not needed (but seem to prolong the life of a car if repaired)

Edit: but I also had fun once, after I repaired my Mi 17, took off and suddenly back rotor and engine where red, turning me around without control. I somehow managed to get the bird down and got out alive, but when I checked the heli a minute later, everything was green and it took off without any problems... Seems to be buggy sometimes...

Edited by liquidmind
  • Like 1

As above, theres a current bug with repairing all vehicles, the guy doing the repairs need to get in the drivers seat then get out so the vehicle sync's to his character, no one else should interact with it until he has finished repairing.

same problem can occur with fueling.

You'll be glad to hear this has been fixed for the next patch.

edit: Just noticed how much of a Necro this thread is..i feel all dirty :huh:

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1