Sign in to follow this  
ianhk@msn.com

Stuck "Loading" After 1.5.8.4

Hi DayZ Devs and Community,

I would like to report a possible bug/troubleshoot a problem I am having with the game post 1.5.8.4 patch. I updated today and was playing just fine, enjoying myself, and aborted accidentally with the anti-disconnect icon. So I relogged in a half hour later and let the hourglass work its way down for several minutes or so. After that my character reentered but was frozen prone. I figured this was just a glitch so I disconnected and reconnected. However, now whenever I attempt to join any server, I get stuck at the black "Loading" screen and the client freezes (I have to force close the application to get back to my desktop). I have seen several different threads describing this problem but none have shown a concrete solution. Any help from the community/support team would be greatly appreciated. Your game is amazing and I would love to continue playing. At the same time, I know how busy you guys are with dealing with actual important issues at hand and therefore I will be very patient and maybe go outside ;). Below is my profile name being used as well as my system specifications. Thanks again for the help and the awesome job you're doing! Cheers.

Profile name: [Rangers]-HolySh0t-

System specs:

CPU: Intel i7 920

GPU: AMD Radeon 5870

RAM: 8GB

HD Space: 1TB

Playing on full purchased version of Arma II: Combined Operations (purchased through steam, launching DayZ though Beta .cmd off desktop)

I also seem to be experiencing the same issue.

I was killed on the Dallas 13 server after patching to 1.5.8.4, so I went ahead and tried re-spawning. The problem was that after loading back into the game, I was stuck as if in debug mode. So I went clicked re-spawn again, aborted and tried re-connecting, but seem to have gotten stuck on the 'Loading' screen. I hit esc to go back to the server-list, but there was no response from the client, it was frozen and I had to force close like -HolyShot-.

As a side note; I think this happened around the same time as the hive update.

Things I've tried:

Restarted client through Steam and Beta Client

Tried 3 servers - US5, Dallas13, EU(Forgot) - All stuck at loading for 15 mins+

Tried a new profile

Deleted and re-apply DayZ addons (this fixed a No entry 'bin\config.bin/Cfgweapons error)

Updated and re-installed BattleEye

Restarted PC, modem and router

Checked file integrity through steam OA properties.

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Processor - 2.80GHz

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5570

RAM: 8GB DDR3 Dual-Channel

Update: I redownloaded all the files for the @dayz\addon and tried to launch the game again. This did not fix the problem. Tried to play on a server with 1.5.8.3 running and that also did not work.

Well shit....I also play on the Dallas 13 server, it is run by my clan [Rangers]. However, when the clan Admin did update the HIVE (I was on vent when he did this), I had no problem. It was when I got the disconnect and tried to reconnect.

This happened to me, but after I bugged out on some random server all my items were stripped and no one in the server could move. This persisted on several other servers for me until I decided to respawn/kill myself. At which point now I am stuck on a loading screen and have been for over 30 minutes no matter what server I access.

Yeah it is quite frustrating but I guess I will pretty much sit tight until there is an update to the database perhaps. Good luck and let me know if you find a fix. Currently talking to some ppl on DayZ IRC to see if they know of a fix.

also getting the same thing. And i would wait like literally 30 min and wouldnt be able to abort or anything after to taskbar out and kill arma2.

Was playing on US11 just before I got forever stuck at the loading screen. The server was experiences some major issues. When you reconnected your body would duplicate, eventually other players would spawn inside your duplicated body unable to move.. the server wasn't saving so the duplicated bodies/gear weren't really a big deal. If you reconnected after looting everything you'd spawn with what you had before you connected to the server. I ran down to kamyshovo, seen a boat, swam out to it and dropped everything, boat needed fuel, went back to shore, decided to reconnect and spawn back to my original position and I loaded back on the shore without any of my gear lol. Instantly aborted, and tried again and now all I get is the loading screen (I hear the ocean for a split second when it looks like it's about to load but it just stays at "loading").

Anyone else still not able to spawn in? Guess I'm stuck till something gets fixed :(

I have this same issue. Submitted it to the Bug Report thread with as much info as I could provide. Hoping they get this fixed because I stuck through and kept playing through the 1.5.8.2 performance drop putting me at 5-9 fps, and will stick it out through any other bugs but this is completely restricting me from playing. The stuff they fixed is just taunting me because I can't try it out.

Same issue for me.

Logged into north of Nadezhino, character looked as if he was swimming in the forest floor. Moved forward then found I had nothing in my inventory aside from my bag (contents inside) and my tool type items like map + matches.

I had to suicide in game, tried relogging to come back as a new survivor and am now stuck at the yellowy "Loading" screen after char data.

I have the latest ARMA 2 Patch and 1.5.8.4.

Hope this information helps.

Same here, don't remember where I logged off because I was half sleeping while playing. I'm stuck on the Loading screen.

Exactly the same here. From the moment i downloaded 1.5.8.4 ive gotten stuck at the final "Loading" screen every time. Cant press esc and back out either, have to alt-tab then close arma in task manager

I have the same problem. Today i spawned where i disconnected yesterday but i couldnt move or do anything and there was a target square on the screen, like the ones in debug forest. So i disconnected and tried to connect to few other servers, but only spawned to the debug forest. After that i just got the loading text on my screen like the rest, but sometimes i can hear people speaking in the in game voice system.

I also have the same problem since last update. It get's stuck on loading, and I have to shut the application down from the Task Manager...

I've been stuck at "loading" for hours since upgrading to 1.5.8.4. Multiple servers, multiple reinstalls, no effect.

Very same thing happened to my friend and I. We lost all our gear and we're stuck up north, so any players we see will most likely destroy us, along with the zombies. As for the server joining, it's nearly impossible on most part. The only servers that I see that work a lot are the European servers. Otherwise, all the others just keep me at "Waiting For Server Response". I'm not too mad about waiting, but loosing all my gear.. That's a whole other issue of frustration.

System Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 990 Ultimate

GPU: GTX GeForce 680 & 590

RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Series

I've experienced the exact same thing as most of the posters already - not being able to sign in to any form of DayZ server after the 1.5.8.4 update.

I get stuck on Loading for minutes on end. Even left my computer for a good hour and a half just to make sure, and when I came back I was still unable to get in.

This being said, I've tried multiple servers and I've ended up with the same result. Hopefully there's a way of sorting this out, or a patch coming out shortly that'll fix the issue at hand. This mod is ridiculously good and I'd hate not being able to play due to a bug.

anyone got any advice for this? Ive tried absoloutely everything I can think of now. 5 hours twiddling and still not one second spent in an actual game since update. And 1.5.8.2 was working so well! Awww...