Sign in to follow this  
-Atlas-

So... I'm practically dead.

One of my looting attempts turned south and I basically spent a lot of time running into random directions. Eventually I got hit a couple of times and now I'm down to 1.2k blood. I have a bit of food and water, but not enough to last a long time and I decided to find shelter in a lighthouse where I don't think zombies spawn. I put out some flares to signal other survivors that I'm in here. It's kind of a desperation attempt, since there might aswell be a bandit that spots the flares and comes to kill me. I don't have a gun, so really, I've no other choice.

Tips anyone?

PS: I'm posting this while I'm waiting for my rescuer/reaper.

Edited by -Atlas-

Since you don't have a weapon, i'm assuming you've just recently spawned?

Just die?

Otherwise someone might help you up. Where are you?

Join a clan, you would not be in this mess if you were running with us.

Edit: This was written by a clanmate of ours.

Love these guys. Don't know if I would be still playing DayZ if it weren't for them.

So the story goes:

I've had been playing DayZ a little less than a week. A personal friend of mine got me into the game so we'd frequently jump on skype and play together. Over the course of my first week my character never survived more than a few hours of playtime and on only one occasion did I find another player willing to team up (and not betray me later mind you). After we died somewhere northeast, I respawned at elektro one evening. I was running solo and hit up a red residential building. It was the first time I found an ALICE pack and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. I continue looting the town without any encounters with another player. At this point I had my ALICE, a sidearm, food, drink, and all my necessary tools. I start to head toward the north fire station in elektro and as I'm crouching up the ladder a military zed pops out and smacks me unconscious. Fearing for my life and not knowing I could Alt F4 to save it at this point, I wait as the zombie eats chunks off of me. I wake back up and unload my magazine into the zed, bandage myself, and log out with <1000 blood. With the fear of dieing to lose my new ALICE pack I didn't log back in and instead hopped on the forums hoping to find a group of some sorts. I stumbled across this thread, got the TS3 info from Fishmitts, and he moved me down into a channel with four other guys. After giving them my location, I waited as this small rescue force came half way across the map just to help out an inexperienced player that they didn't even know. Volun Shade and his crew cleared out the fire station and gave me the all clear to log back in. They promptly fixed my broken leg and gave me a blood transfusion. I was recruited into his squad and ran countless missions with him including base location, town raids, airfield raids, and other rescue missions. I soon became the second in command to Volun's squad and a leader of my own squad in the weeks that came.

It's nice to have people you can count on if things go south. People you can play with consistently and trust. People that wont shoot first and ask questions never.

=FTS= Sgt. Lyrebird, Leader of Squad Three

Edited by Fishmitts

Since you don't have a weapon, i'm assuming you've just recently spawned?

Just die?

Otherwise someone might help you up. Where are you?

I'm in a lighthouse somewhere east of Kamenka. Zombies don't spawn there. The thought of simply suiciding has sprung to mind, but I'm kinda hoping that this will turn out less than sour and hopefully give me some human contact. Believe it or not, I was ~5k blood a bit after I first got smacked, when some guy ran just by me with a couple of zombies chasing him. I tried to ask him for help, since he was holding a gun, but he didn't respond. Those same zombies made my day even worse and took me down to 1.3k.. >:C

tell me where exactly you are and i may help...

but then again its not worth it if you just spawned...

Take a chance and go looking for some food , chances are someone will see you at the lighthouse and just cap you anyway..might as well practice sneaking around and avoiding zeds :)

NOOOOOOOOO... NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I finally had a guy that came to help me and I glitched and fell off the lighthouse.... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....

I hope u had a good time, cuz you´re goin to die alone outthere - simply respawn and try harder next time, buddy :)

NOOOOOOOOO... NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I finally had a guy that came to help me and I glitched and fell off the lighthouse.... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....

...and thu are the dayz of our livez..