So, I've been playing for just over a week now. It's generally been really fun...Until I get into a shoot out with any other player.

I take my shots carefully. I control them and ensure I aim properly - no full auto if I can help it. On numerous occasions I have shot players 4+ times in the torso with a large caliber, such as the 7.62 from the AKM, and had them simply 2 shot me with a pistol.

I lost 5 days of hard work to a Bandit when I shot him 4 times in the chest (all hits) with a M1911 (We're talking .45 rounds...They hit rather hard) and he still walks up and one shots me like it's nothing. Or when I see somebody and am behind them, only to have him spin around after I shoot him 4 times, kill me with two pistol shots, and then patch himself up no problem. This is VERY frustrating - I have a pea shooter against what feels like .50 Cal's.

What is up with the shooting in this? I play single player and one hit to the torso instantly kills an enemy, and I have killed players in this with only two rounds ... Why does it not work now?

maybe lag?

I have a ping of 30 or lower on almost any server I play. Definitely not lag.

I question that your hitting them with that many rounds and are getting 2 shotted by thier pistols. Even if there was lag, they would be unconscious usually with that firepower. I smell bullshit that they would turn and headshot you with thier pistols without dieing after. Your clearly doing something wrong, or lieing here.

I question that your hitting them with that many rounds and are getting 2 shotted by thier pistols. Even if there was lag' date=' they would be unconscious usually with that firepower. I smell bullshit that they would turn and headshot you with thier pistols without dieing after. Your clearly doing something wrong, or lieing here.

[/quote']

I'm definitely not lying. I take single shots and aim for their upper chest/head. I watch blood spray out and they are prettymuch always still standing.

I am thoroughly confused (and wish I had a video) about how I keep getting owned.

You either missed' date=' lagged, or server lagged. No other explaination.

[/quote']

I guess it's lag for some reason..which is odd considering my ping is perfectly fine 99% of the time.

Either way, it's very frustrating...I just went through two rounds of 'bullshit' deaths.

Update: Same old shit...

Got the jump on a bandit who was facing away. I stopped to aim and shot him 4 times in the head - he spun around and killed me with one hit of his shotgun before dying himself.

I truly dont understand. There is no way that with my ping there should be inconsistencies like this...Why do my shots not register right away? It's gotten me killed numerous times, right now included.

I was hiding on a rooftop once and when I looked to my left there was a guy crouching there at the top of the ladder. I pulled out my Makarov, aimed, and dumped two mags into his body. Two full mags at point blank, with my ironsights pointing at his center of mass. There's no way those shots missed.

The part that really puzzles me is that he then spun around and shot me with his winchester before disconnecting in a panic. I barely felt the shot. I lost like 3000 blood and that was it. That seems pretty low for a point-blank shot from a long gun, maybe he just hit my arm or something.

Very mysterious.

I was hiding on a rooftop once and when I looked to my left there was a guy crouching there at the top of the ladder. I pulled out my Makarov' date=' aimed, and dumped two mags into his body. Two full mags at point blank, with my ironsights pointing at his center of mass. There's no way those shots missed.

The part that really puzzles me is that he then spun around and shot me with his winchester before disconnecting in a panic. I barely felt the shot. I lost like 3000 blood and that was it. That seems pretty low for a point-blank shot from a long gun, maybe he just hit my arm or something.

Very mysterious.

[/quote']

Feels like every gun fight I've been in.

I just got picked off in 3 rounds by some dude with an AK while I was running...Why does this not work for me?

Noticed some instances of this myself. Shot a guy I got the jump on from the top level of a air tower as he was coming up the stairs. Sprayed him from knee to neck with 4-5 rounds of AK fire. He fired 2 makarov shots between my 3rd/5th shot and dropped me. Low ping at the time, couldn't believe it.

Made me do one of these...nerdwat.gif

If you've just been running your sights jitter from heavy breathing, and you may not be shooting him in center mass (or at all) with every shot, and this WILL lose you fights. While you can make him bleed with one or two shots, he is still 100% mobile unless he gets the shakes (which is random I think, and requires he take painkillers). Usually he'll just flash grey when you shoot him, after which he gets the blinking bleeding icon and can operate at 100% efficiency again.

If you *can't* wait for your breathing to settle, your best option is to hit him and then find cover. He'll bleed out or bandage at which point you can finish him off.

If he hits you in the head you're dead, so the difference could be you aiming for his chest while he lands a bullet in your head -- I do think it'd be nice if shooting some one makes him at least as shaky as a sprint, but at the end of the day I imagine you could turn around after being shot and let out a few bullets; go take some cover, don't just stand there watching him bleed.

So' date=' I've been playing for just over a week now. It's generally been really fun...Until I get into a shoot out with any other player.

I take my shots carefully. I control them and ensure I aim properly - no full auto if I can help it. On numerous occasions I have shot players 4+ times in the torso with a large caliber, such as the 7.62 from the AKM, and had them simply 2 shot me with a pistol.

I lost 5 days of hard work to a Bandit when I shot him 4 times in the chest (all hits) with a M1911 (We're talking .45 rounds...They hit rather hard) and he still walks up and one shots me like it's nothing. Or when I see somebody and am behind them, only to have him spin around after I shoot him 4 times, kill me with two pistol shots, and then patch himself up no problem. This is VERY frustrating - I have a pea shooter against what feels like .50 Cal's.

What is up with the shooting in this? I play single player and one hit to the torso instantly kills an enemy, and I have killed players in this with only two rounds ... Why does it not work now?

[/quote']

Could be breath/shaking or other issues. Seeing as they didn't die it doesn't sound like a desync issue. Maybe their bullets actually hit you in the head, confirming their kill?

I was hiding on a rooftop once and when I looked to my left there was a guy crouching there at the top of the ladder. I pulled out my Makarov' date=' aimed, and dumped two mags into his body. Two full mags at point blank, with my ironsights pointing at his center of mass. There's no way those shots missed.

Very mysterious.

[/quote']

Today I shot 3 bandits that were on the hospital in electro with my CZ. 2 with a headshot and 1 with 2 shots to the chest. Sure you see the blood and stuff, but just like all the zombies, they drop later. This can be confusing, but if you or the enemy has a synch issue with the server then you get delay, meaning that during this delay you can still shoot (and so can your enemy) which can result in a double death and/or avoidance of death.

[edit: typos]

Got the jump on a bandit who was facing away. I stopped to aim and shot him 4 times in the head - he spun around and killed me with one hit of his shotgun before dying himself.

I truly dont understand. There is no way that with my ping there should be inconsistencies like this...Why do my shots not register right away? It's gotten me killed numerous times' date=' right now included.

[/quote']

I think you shoot at me .. I dont know lol .. but the scene was that .. I killed a bandit who shoot me a lot times and with 2 shotgun shoots I killed him .. or you maybe :P ..

If it was you dont do it again .. lol ..i was not facining you when you shoot me lol.. (or somebody else)

I truly dont understand. There is no way that with my ping there should be inconsistencies like this...Why do my shots not register right away? It's gotten me killed numerous times' date=' right now included.

[/quote']

*bang* *bang* *bang* *bang*

Four hits sent to the server at 30ms.

server collects information with a lag of 2500.

Sends the four hits information to player 2 at 250ms.

Player two turns around and shoots you at 250ms.

server collects information with a lag of 2500.

sends one hit to face with a shotgun to player 1 at 30ms.

Both die at the same time.

Just because you have a great ping, doesnt mean that everybody else does, or that the server does even...

Best bet when it comes to shooting someone is fire and move. Shoot in the head once or twice and then move so he cant shoot you before the information catches up to him.

Yes, its a pain, and it shouldnt be that way, but thats how it is.

Pretty much as explained above, the server tends to lag out. Ran up to a bandit, unloaded two enfield rounds into his chest, he emptied a makarov into me. We both Died. Laughed about it on global.

From my impression, the client decides hits or not, so expect this issue to crop up.

Pro tip: Get a Lee. One or twoshots everyone. Its a monster and has great accuracy. Only thing that would improve it is a low power scope.

But then again, its fine for popping people at 200 yards.