Date/Time: After 8.4 came out

What happened: FPS drop from 40-45 average down to 10-15 average

Where you were: Any server

What you were doing: Playing as usualy

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4

*Server(s) you were on: Several

*Your system specs: See attachment

*Timeline of events before/after error: N/A

Same here, EU7 and the FPS lag started immediately.

It's just as bad, if not worse, as in 1.5.8.2

Using Q9300 CPU and Ati 6850 GPU

Same here, game was great before, now dropping to 20-15fps regularly. Usually running game 40-50fps no problem.

Performance drop here.

I have noticed a drop too of about 50%. 1.5.8.3 was great, somehow 1.5.8.4 adding support for more than 1,000,000 characters has broken it again?

Same here, it's maybe _little_ better than 1.5.8.2 but still my fps is 50%+ lower than normally. I'm running high-end computer with 20-40fps, that isn't normal in a game like this.

On some servers I get stable 60 FPS, on others it's in the range of 5 - 20 FPS. So it cannot be my rig, must be a serverside issue.

Yeah it really depends on which server you're in. I have low FPS on some servers as well.

N00b question here but how do u see fps and what is it ? i know its fraps per seconds thats about it :P

N00b question here but how do u see fps and what is it ? i know its fraps per seconds thats about it :P

use FRAPS

You use FRAPS to view your FPS, and FPS is Frames Per Second, not Fraps per second :P

still getting this too, it's fine on near empty / freshly restarted servers but gets unplayable fairly quickly.

1.5.8.3 drop fps 18-22 (day) 16-17 (night)

1.5.8.4 stable fps 40-50-55-60 (+,-)

My rig:

I7950@4,00Ghz

580GTX (No OC)

8Gb ram 1333Mhz

1.5.8.4 not problem thx developer :angel::sleepy: und Dayz team

sorry my english them bad i am Czech

I don't know if this is relevant to you guys, but the only times I got FPS drops on this version were while I was handling flares. They were big FPS drops and sometimes lasted up to 20-30 seconds.

I have yet to use a flare, the problem is continuous and fairly consistant since the 1.5.8 set of updates. regular ARMA2 and DayZ 1.5.7 worked fine.

i sometimes saw the fps issue on 1.5.8.3, but have had no issues at all on 1.5.8.4.

I did notice on 8.3 that when it happened my ram usage would jump up a lot. It seemed less like my gfx was unable to cope and more like some kind of coding/memory dump glitch.

Hard to say though as it didnt happen to often for me.

On one occasion though it was particularly bad and I would get about 5 seconds game play and fps would completely bomb out. Restarting steam/pc didn't help, but as soon as I emptied %temp% the problem stopped.

Don't know if that was a red herring or not?

adding support, mine's much much worse than it was in .2, but i was playing just fine two hours ago, now i log on and it's unplayable, send .rpt files guys, don't just post here

ive noticed mine drop when the ground is cluttered with numerous bodies, for example after a shootout in the church and there are 50+ dead zombies. moving away from the area seems to help but then again it could just be a coincidence.

Bumping the thread, i'm still getting low FPS while playing on any servers.

I've got 20-25 fps in forest/road/hill which is low but kind of playable.

But when i get in town my FPS drops to 15-19 but can be even worse on some servers (9-10).

My Video card : Nvidia GTX 560 Ti.

I don't know if it comes from me or the patch is still experiencing issues regarding FPS.

On some servers I get stable 60 FPS' date=' on others it's in the range of 5 - 20 FPS.[/quote']

Yeah, the same thing happens to me.

Same fps drop here. Game initially loads in (the woods) at 40-60 fps. Sometimes it will stay there, other times it will drop to 10 fps after a few seconds. Even if it does manage to maintain high fps in the woods, it will ALWAYS drop to ~10 fps when I approach a city. These problems seems to have gotten worse over the past few days. Perhaps a hive or server issue?

I should add that no amount of tweaking settings has any results on fps when this bug is happening (which is all the time now).

Could it be a hard-coded draw distance? The setting doesn't change draw distance at all, so perhaps it is hard-coded to a level that is too high?