avid_gamer

Cancel your servers.

You really have no clue about what you are talking.

We can kick/ban. But its extremely and i mean exremely hard to see proof of hacking. You literally have to see them, what gear they have and what they are doing ingame with your own two eyes.in order to know they are hacking. But the map is HUGE and we can't be every where at the same time.

• Like 2

Maintain a server??? You mean the server you rent? The one that you rent that's maintained by the server company who hosts the server? Yeah it must be so tough playing on a server that you are renting with the ability to kick and ban.

umad bro?

Clearly you have no clue what maintaining a server is all about.

The amount of time that goes into keeping a server lag free... Making sure hacks are not being used... keeping teleporters from ruining the game so people actually come to your server... Being able to spend hours of your gaming time to set up a camp... collect loot and weapons only to have some kid who pays $10 for a script to teleport everyone in your server to one place and mass murder them.

teleport all the vehicles to anywhere they want to take away every players assets they have spent hours to get.

Troll Fail go away kid.

• Like 1

We can kick/ban. But its extremely and i mean exremely hard to see proof of hacking. You literally have to see them, what gear they have and what they are doing ingame with your own two eyes.in order to know they are hacking. But the map is HUGE and we can't be every where at the same time.

I know mate, I help keep a server. I'm on par on how hard it is to maintain it.

Edited by Dickhat
  • Like 2

Just to be clear... you can not kick or ban... when you do, they come in here and cry Admin abuse... Then you get an e-mail from your SP saying you are going to be blacklisted... you can't shut your server off. You can't kick everyone... and I mean EVERYONE.

We kicked everyone off our server and locked it. Not kicked some players and were playing on it... We kicked everyone... Nobody was on our server and we locked it.

We then get a message from our SP that DayZ staff said we will be blacklisted for locking our server .

WE LOCKED IT SO THE HACKERS AND SCRIPT KIDDIES COULD NOT TAKE ALL THE ASSETS THAT OVER 30 REGULAR PLAYERS WHO FREQUENT OUR SERVER HAD WORKED FOR.

So no, you can not stop your server.... No , you can not ban hackers, No you can not kick players from youre server... All they do is come here post a BS cry me a river post about admin abuse and poof! You get a warning about getting blacklisted.

I banned a guy... Next day he is in there with new guid... same user name and when i ban him he posts a ADMIN ABUSE THREAD... I get a warning from DAYZ staff.... FUK THAT!

• Like 1

Its for these reasons i am cancleing my server. We are donating play time to DayZ wasteing our money and our time and all we get is a big fat fuck you from the developer.

• Like 3

Just my 2 cents. Its your server. If The player is hacking and you have evidence. Kick and ban him Its your server, your money. You agreed to the terms though and you maybe blacklisted in the process. But its your call. They should really make a way that you can keep a record of hacker's names inside the mod and then span that list to all servers. Hacking is a big deal right now in all games and all developers need to take more action than they are. But since we aren't developers all we can do is kick and ban.

I would like to see a Dev comment on this and see what their story and explanation would be.

• Like 1

Here is what we, as server owners / admins, are allowed to do:

1) Pay for the server

2) Edit the server discribtion

Thats it!

Keep in mind: it a f****** alpha!

• Like 3

1) Pay for the server

Thats it!

ARMA is not an alpha.

• Like 1

1) Pay for the server

Thats it!

I love how this forums goes.

You complain about anything, it can even be an okay criticism about something that should change and the reply you always get: "lol its in alpha cry sum more bb xxDDDD".

We are testing it and telling what is wrong with it. That is what the alpha is for, that is what we are doing.

Oh look! I can change the size of my text too!

• Like 2

Most likely the devs don't want "he has killed me, he must be a hacker i have to ban him!" that's the way many admins abuse that if they are not restricted. So they have to find a conclusion.

I think the current way is ok, but not perfect, as you have to post an hacking attempt and the hacker gets globally disconnected from the hive. Problem is, there should be a better way to get evidence, like clear log files or stuff.

• Like 1

I just ban any hackers that are blatantly doing so (spawning items/vehicles right in front of me) from my server *shrug* if they have the balls to come back to these forums and complain then so be it.

I could just start a website that allows members to submit proof + guid/name/ip and start a database of all the known hackers out there and have all the server owners ban them manually via their bans.txt in dayzcfg. Sure we would lose our gear multiple times in this process, but eventually all their credentials will be had and banned.

If the devs of this mod have an issue with that? Then obviously this isn't a game worth putting much time/money into.

Edited by CamP
  • Like 3

I locked this, since it was utterly out of control and pointless by the second page.

You dont like playing by DayZ rules for server admins, that is cool, just dont bitch to the team when your server is blacklisted and you come to us going "Why why why, this is my server, I pay for it, wah wah wah wah." And we will say, thats a cool story bro, but its Rocket's mod.

NO ONE FORCED YOU TO SIGN UP YOUR SERVER!

That means this, when you signed up, you were aware of the rules YOU have to follow. And if you fail, to follow them, and are punished for it, then tough shit.

Edited by Curgon
  • Like 1