Sign in to follow this  
ebonhawke

A Couple Quick ?'s

Just a couple quick ?'s I can't find a thread for, can Zed's see Chem lights? And to build a fire I know I need match's and firewood but how do you start it and does it have to be outside or can you build inside? And when you find a map and compass will the map show your position on it? Thanxs in advance

The last big update 1.5.8 (I think) did fix the issue that zombies would not react to chemlights. Due to the fact that chemlights aren't as bright as flares I suspect (didn't use chems after the patch so far) you still will be able to get a lot closer to zombies than you would be with a flare.

Edit: You start a fire by accessing your inventory (g) and pressing right on your matches and selecting make fireplace. Once the fireplace is set up you will get the option to light a fire.

In the changelog to 1.5.8.3 it was noted "...[FIXED] Fires can't be placed in buildings...", so I suspect that you should be able to light one inside of a building. You can always set up a fireplace outside (ground needs to be flat and unobstructed).

There are some servers that do allow a player marker on the map, but they are quite seldom in my experience. Most servers disabled it.

Hopefully I could answer all your questions.

Thanxs sherlock, yeah I learned my lesson about the flares and Zed's

You light a fire by right clicking on the matches (right side of gear screen) and selecting make fireplace. You need to have at least 1 wood pile in your inventory. You can place more piles of wood in the fireplace to keep the fire burning longer (each pile lasts 10minutes).

• Like 1