abstract (DayZ)

How do I ban hackers?

Hi,

I recently bought a server with some friends and my friend just got killed by a hacker. He had a ghillie suit, NVG's, Rangefinder, AS50 etc. I wonder how to ban people if I own a Multiplay server? I don't see any ban/kick options in Clanforge... Does anyone have any advice? :(

/ Abstract

well try starting with proof he was hacking. not everyone with an AS50 and ghillie is a hacker. :|

well try starting with proof he was hacking. not everyone with an AS50 and ghillie is a hacker. :|

No, my friend had those items. The hacker also had AS50 and a ghillie suit. I know he was hacking, he respawned 5-6 times with the same gear untill he killed my friend. I take full responsibility for bans on my server. I just need to know how to ban hackers from a Multiplay server.

pretty sure you can't. admins have like no power at all right now. best you can do is report it with proof.

No, my friend had those items. The hacker also had AS50 and a ghillie suit. I know he was hacking, he respawned 5-6 times with the same gear untill he killed my friend. I take full responsibility for bans on my server. I just need to know how to ban hackers from a Multiplay server.

I'm in the same situation atm m8, Multiplay restrict access to the files you need to ban people to stop you violating Rocket's lame terms of service. We had to argue the toss with them to get them to release the log files too us so we could send off proof to the DayZ team.

He still comes back tho so he's not been banned which shows the Dayz team don't care.

You can always just kick the hacker repeatedly, I did that even after one little faggot changed his name (player ID stays the same) like 3 times.

Hi,

I recently bought a server with some friends and my friend just got killed by a hacker. He had a ghillie suit, NVG's, Rangefinder, AS50 etc. I wonder how to ban people if I own a Multiplay server? I don't see any ban/kick options in Clanforge... Does anyone have any advice? :(

/ Abstract

You cant be a Administrator for a server? Sure you are?....just pay will you....

I'm in the same situation atm m8, Multiplay restrict access to the files you need to ban people to stop you violating Rocket's lame terms of service. We had to argue the toss with them to get them to release the log files too us so we could send off proof to the DayZ team.

He still comes back tho so he's not been banned which shows the Dayz team don't care.

You can always just kick the hacker repeatedly, I did that even after one little faggot changed his name (player ID stays the same) like 3 times.

He joined my server again today. How do I kick him? :(

He just hacked himself an ATV. Please help me, I really need to get him off my server. His in-game name is Dekar. He is killing players all over the server. THIS NEEDS TO STOP! HELP ME!

Get BERcon

Run BERcon, connect to your server using your RCon pass.

Once connected, type players.

You should get a list of current players, if you know the hackers name, find his name in the list, then his associated player number.

Then type ban <playernumber> without the <>'s or the # sign. So if hes player #6, just type ban 6.

Get BERcon

Run BERcon, connect to your server using your RCon pass.

Once connected, type players.

You should get a list of current players, if you know the hackers name, find his name in the list, then his associated player number.

Then type ban <playernumber> without the <>'s or the # sign. So if hes player #6, just type ban 6.

~Does this give permanent ban for that player on your server or temporary kick?

~Does this give permanent ban for that player on your server or temporary kick?

Tempoary Kick, You can't just globally ban someone.

But if your talking about the personal server then it just gives a temporary kick.