Sign in to follow this  
TGH

Change Axe to Secondary + Slower Zombies

Me and my friends were playing last night we geared up with some pretty nice guns and we were pretty happy because it was the first time we actually got such great weapons and we were geared up pretty nicely, so we headed to the airfield. We proned pretty much everywhere just to be safe and somehow a Zombie seen us and came charging towards us, We had to go into a hanger and take the zombie out. Then about 3 hundred million trillion zombies came pouring in so we had to waste a ton of ammo and make a HUGE ammount of noise so the entire universe could hear our gun shots. I really think the Axe should be a secondary weapon, because they you could easily swap from your main AK74 or Sniper straight to the axe and take out the zombies without making any noise at all. I think it also makes sense that you could put an axe on your back whilst holding your gun or vice versa. Personally I'd much prefer a secondary as an axe instead of a pistol as you make no noise at all.

I also think Zombies should be slower, they seem to limp around like their lower body is completley drained and a dying corpse, but as soon as you aggro them or they see you, boom they come running like Usain Bolt at 9000MPH, also sometimes when you try to lose them by running through trees (if there is no buildings around) they dont seem to get stuck and they keep following you, I just think it would be nice if they made them slower, not SUPER slow but just a bit slower than humans so you could outrun them for a while and then they would get lost behind eventually and lose you.

Tell me what you guys think about this! ;)

• Like 1

THAT is a hell of a lot of zombies. i dont even think there is that many bullets in the world to kill that many..

• Like 1

THAT is a hell of a lot of zombies. i dont even think there is that many bullets in the world to kill that many..

Sarcasm at it's best champ ;D

Edited by aYdee

i know sir :D jk..

-and i agree, make it a secondary slot.

Edited by Tatakt

I would love the Axe to be secondary, but Rocket has expressed slower zombies + more of them spawning would stress the game engine out too much and isn't possible with Arma2. Plus he doesn't feel like slower zombies give the same fear as faster ones.

i know sir :D jk..

-and i agree, make it a secondary slot.

Actually managed to get an axe last night aswell with my AKS, had the axe in my toolbelt and I had to drop my AKS on the floor then put my Axe in my primary and then reload the axe and then I could use it. Pain in the arse to do, take loads of damage before you do all of that, just make it a secondary lol!

I would love the Axe to be secondary, but Rocket has expressed slower zombies + more of them spawning would stress the game engine out too much and isn't possible with Arma2. Plus he doesn't feel like slower zombies give the same fear as faster ones.

Keep the same ammount of spawned zombies just make them a TINY bit slower than a Survivor, just so you can atleast outrun them, they shouldn't be able to outrun a player I just find that silly lol.

Making the hatchet a secondary would make it too easy to kill zombies when traping them in buildings where they are slow.

In my opinion its is currently balanced, because you shall not aggro zombies. If you play the game covert and sneaky like it is supposed to be you will mostly never be in the uncomfortable position to kill thousands of zombies.

Slow zeds would be easier to avoid, since ther isn't stamina, and rocket can't put so muck in this game.

Making the hatchet a secondary would make it too easy to kill zombies when traping them in buildings where they are slow.

In my opinion its is currently balanced, because you shall not aggro zombies. If you play the game covert and sneaky like it is supposed to be you will mostly never be in the uncomfortable position to kill thousands of zombies.

I don't agree tbh lol, sometimes zombies seem to chase you even when you're proning from far away being extra careful, may be a bug idk.

"too easy" to kill Zombies? I don't beleive Zombies were ever ment to be hard to kill :P Aren't they just dead rotting flesh anyways?

Edited by aYdee

Keep the same ammount of spawned zombies just make them a TINY bit slower than a Survivor, just so you can atleast outrun them, they shouldn't be able to outrun a player I just find that silly lol.

You can technically outrun them with how LoS works and lose them. They can't ever hit you if you run zigzag or a straight line unless you have bad FPS which causes your client to run slower.

I am not sure if I agree with them running slower so long as LoS works the way it current does. Unless that is changed I suppose I can see why they might be needed to run slower.

You can technically outrun them with how LoS works and lose them. They can't ever hit you if you run zigzag or a straight line unless you have bad FPS which causes your client to run slower.

I am not sure if I agree with them running slower so long as LoS works the way it current does. Unless that is changed I suppose I can see why they might be needed to run slower.

Hmm idk. When I seem to be running from a zombie through loads of trees i weave in and out of different objects/trees and try and get the zombie stuck, a lot of the time i get him slightly trapped behind the tree and then most of the time they walk out of the side of the tree and instantly charge back towards me (like Usain Bolt) and suddenly hes behind my arse again trying to eat me.

Maybe not put the hatchet as a secondary, but how about this:

2 handed melee weapons (hatchet, crowbar, etc.) remain in primary slot.

1 handed melee weapons (hunting knife) would go in the secondary slot. In addition to the hunting knife, you could find a small 1 handed axe like the one seen here: http://woodsroamer.blogspot.com/2011/06/mini-axes-and-survival.html which would have a shorter range and less power than the primary slot hatchet.

A hatchet is a tool. Not a weapon. It may be used as an improvised weapon, but first and foremost the hatchet is a tool. So no. I dont support this idea. It makes no sense.

Hmm idk. When I seem to be running from a zombie through loads of trees i weave in and out of different objects/trees and try and get the zombie stuck, a lot of the time i get him slightly trapped behind the tree and then most of the time they walk out of the side of the tree and instantly charge back towards me (like Usain Bolt) and suddenly hes behind my arse again trying to eat me.

You have to remember running through them doesn't reduce your sound. Visual yes, but sound is also a factor.

Maybe not put the hatchet as a secondary, but how about this:

2 handed melee weapons (hatchet, crowbar, etc.) remain in primary slot.

1 handed melee weapons (hunting knife) would go in the secondary slot. In addition to the hunting knife, you could find a small 1 handed axe like the one seen here: http://woodsroamer.b...d-survival.html which would have a shorter range and less power than the primary slot hatchet.

Yes! that would be a great idea aswell, a less stronger version of the axe that you can use as your secondary, something you can switch to that makes no noise, OR just add a punching option. Job done lol.

Just thought about it, secondary knife or something would be perfect as there isn't any at all, i'd be happy then! :)

Me and my friends were playing last night we geared up with some pretty nice guns and we were pretty happy because it was the first time we actually got such great weapons and we were geared up pretty nicely, so we headed to the airfield. We proned pretty much everywhere just to be safe and somehow a Zombie seen us and came charging towards us, We had to go into a hanger and take the zombie out. Then about 3 hundred million trillion zombies came pouring in so we had to waste a ton of ammo and make a HUGE ammount of noise so the entire universe could hear our gun shots. I really think the Axe should be a secondary weapon, because they you could easily swap from your main AK74 or Sniper straight to the axe and take out the zombies without making any noise at all. I think it also makes sense that you could put an axe on your back whilst holding your gun or vice versa. Personally I'd much prefer a secondary as an axe instead of a pistol as you make no noise at all.

I also think Zombies should be slower, they seem to limp around like their lower body is completley drained and a dying corpse, but as soon as you aggro them or they see you, boom they come running like Usain Bolt at 9000MPH, also sometimes when you try to lose them by running through trees (if there is no buildings around) they dont seem to get stuck and they keep following you, I just think it would be nice if they made them slower, not SUPER slow but just a bit slower than humans so you could outrun them for a while and then they would get lost behind eventually and lose you.

Tell me what you guys think about this! ;)

i agree with you in the Axe as a secondary but slower zombies? really? they are weak enough as it is.. 1 shot with ak in the chest and it's a kill

i agree with you in the Axe as a secondary but slower zombies? really? they are weak enough as it is.. 1 shot with ak in the chest and it's a kill

Not sure if this is true now with the nerfs that went out a few days ago.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AunmKzSZ9-e_dGlqcXZCVEFIbnZnelVqcUNpQ3d3SlE#gid=0

I think the zombies just need to be fixed in general. Having a Zed bolt at you from 100 yards away for no reason at all compaired to the one right beside you being completely oblivious is rather silly.

• Like 1

A hatchet is a tool. Not a weapon. It may be used as an improvised weapon, but first and foremost the hatchet is a tool. So no. I dont support this idea. It makes no sense.

A hatchet has been used as a weapon, under many forms and name) all throughout history. Even today. This isn't a lumber axe we're carrying around, it's a hatchet. Hatchet in the pistol slot isn't asking too much.

I don't mind fast zombies so much as I do mind that they have better moves than an NFL wide receiver. I have to practially wait for them to be hitting me before I shoot, otherwise it's just dust clouds that I shoot as the zombie zigs and zags like he's actually aware that he's being shot at.

• Like 1

I don't mind fast zombies so much as I do mind that they have better moves than an NFL wide receiver.

Great point and you deserve some beans for bringing that up.

I agree in some ways, but AK makes a huge ammount of noise, if there was a secondary knife or something to take out and take care of them then the zombies speed wouldn't be as much of a problem.

Edited by aYdee

Then explain to me how by being stealthy, a zombie can see me like 200m away? i follow the proper way to be stealthy but the system being jittery, have the axe as a secondary would help