Gogster (DayZ)

"Sorry you may have been a friend, you just weren't worth the risk"

80% of the people I kill are people without mics.

"You friendly?" "Don't make me do this!" *points gun at me* *me and squadmates open fire*

Happens so often. I don't want to kill you people. I really don't. But if I you can't be fussed to even have a mic to respond, you're dead.

Edited by ShootyMcStabbyface

2. Boost zombie speed (quite a bit) and/or boost their damage per hit (1,000 - 2,000 blood) and make bleeding a certainty (though it can be low, just make bandages necessary)

3. To compensate, making sure the game doesn't become ridiculously difficult, lower the amount of zombies that spawn by a small number of people bya good amount *except* for the military spawns (airfields, Stary tents) but not fire stations. However, make sure that a large group of people will still spawn a large amount of zombies -- to keep group play interesting.

4. Add a hands on your head or get on the ground option (I don't know if these is even possible). What it will do is put you in a stance where you are froze, can't move, can't do anything except access your inventory. To exit this mode, takes like 3-4 seconds, you will be unable to fight back for 3-4 seconds.

I agree with your post with the exception of these 3 points.

1) Yes snipers need to be on par with old Lee Enfield noise (aka ringing the dinner bell)

5) Yesss Ammo is wayyy too common (guns might be as well)

However,

2) I'm fine with the damage they do now. Its enough that one or two won't be majorly annoying to deal with, while also ensuring that you pay the price for not paying attention.

3) If anything I think we need more zombies to be spawned around us as well as pockets of them in the woods if possible. I believe combined with the lack of ammo and louder gunshots changes it would really force people into making the decision of "Is shooting my gun now really worth it?"

As a sub point there should be a longer period between their spawns that way you don't get the problem of I finish dealing with the initial wave and now a new wave has come that heard the shots from me dealing with the old wave.

4) We already kind of have those positions. And they are good enough that if you take that pose and then get shot at you still have a chance of firing back and saving your skin. 4-5 seconds and most people are dead.

I agree with your post with the exception of these 3 points.

1) Yes snipers need to be on par with old Lee Enfield noise (aka ringing the dinner bell)

5) Yesss Ammo is wayyy too common (guns might be as well)

However,

2) I'm fine with the damage they do now. Its enough that one or two won't be majorly annoying to deal with, while also ensuring that you pay the price for not paying attention.

3) If anything I think we need more zombies to be spawned around us as well as pockets of them in the woods if possible. I believe combined with the lack of ammo and louder gunshots changes it would really force people into making the decision of "Is shooting my gun now really worth it?"

As a sub point there should be a longer period between their spawns that way you don't get the problem of I finish dealing with the initial wave and now a new wave has come that heard the shots from me dealing with the old wave.

4) We already kind of have those positions. And they are good enough that if you take that pose and then get shot at you still have a chance of firing back and saving your skin. 4-5 seconds and most people are dead.

Thanks for your comment.

2) I'd argue against this. As it stands, you can always escape a zombie. If people know that zombies are always escape-able, then they won't worry about being heard, cus they'll know they can get out of that mess. It's either this, or eliminate walking in house/dock safety/up hill thing, which would be far more difficult if not impossible. This would not only make people think about shooting, it'd make zombies a real threat and it would scare you. Zombies make me a little nervous, but they don't scare me. If they were such a big deal, they'd be really scary IMO.

3) You've actually convinced me somewhat. I stick by my statement that there shouldn't be as many zombies in town. If they were boosted stat-wise *and* they were increased in number, this would kill solo play. I want to maintain solo-ability as it is, and team-ability, but I want to make it so stupid-ability is far decreased.

4) That's the point, it's to make the bandits feel as though they're safe while robbing someone. The reason for implementing this, is to add an alternative to murder for loot. This won't be used if it's fairly easy to escape. Not to mention, having this animation is authentic :P. I was made aware in a previous thread, that apparently we already do, but it's disabled.

2) I'd argue against this. As it stands, you can always escape a zombie. If people know that zombies are always escape-able, then they won't worry about being heard, cus they'll know they can get out of that mess.

Personally, I think you SHOULD be able to escape a zombie. Being spotted in a field by a single zombie forces you to run, or take damage. If you kill it was a gun you will draw more. Escaping from a single zombie should be fairly easy. I think there should be a feature where zombies can hold you. This would prevent you from escaping if they catch you without making a single zombie much more of a threat.