Sign in to follow this  
themightyzang

The Writing on the Wall

I know first of this could be abused horribly but the ability to write text onto walls or signs would be nice I know there would be lewd drawings all over Cherno but for all those budding DayZ entrepreneurs out there you would be able to mark your venture. 'Come to Elektro to trade'. Bandits could set traps ' 'Come to Elektro to trade' and survivors could give warnings 'Come to Elektro to trade' ---> 'Don't it's a trap'. Think Left 4 Dead but instead of pre written text it's players making their mark on the server.

Also still looking forward to radios so someone can set up Radio Cherno.

• Like 5

You been playing Left 4 dead? lol it's a great idea, plenty of people suggested it before based on other games (some MMO game already has it I think) but still should be a part of the game at some point in the future!

Third time this suggestion has come up... And yes, it would lag the shit out of servers, and it would all be people writing fuck and drawing dicks.

For gods sake, people are drawing dicks with the black circles on maps on the servers.

Too many juvenile minds playing. Bad idea.

• Like 1

I think Minecraft has a system that vets the text before it is allowed to be posted on signs, map dicks are the least of your worries when there are people trying to knock you unconscious and smoke grenade your limp form. This whole game is about people making their own stories though and the natural progression of making stories is recording them you can see here on the forums people recruiting and bragging, half of the posts on here look like a lonely hearts column, "bandit groups seeks inexperienced players for short walks on the beach" all this would be doing would be taking this and keeping in within the diegesis.

"abandon all hope, ye who enter here"

"free food in this house, I promise"

"look behind you"

"here lies ______. His beans were good."

"beware of the dog"

Player generated signs would certainly add a bit to the game. I used to leave weird signs all over random Minecraft servers.