Sign in to follow this  
malice42

Passworded Server?

The "Bashurverse" server is passworded, and nobody can enter but the 22 people already in it with the server admin. :dodgy:

They allow people to join you just have to ask for the password last time I was watching his stream

From the server owner/admin rules page:

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO EXCESS KEYS OR MODS

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

In light of this why is it still operating with a password again?

Guess I need to get my own server. Lock and password it and just stream. Rules don't apply then, eh?

It's passworded so people who like to connect/disconnect don't bring it down while they do the marathon. As stated before, they're giving out the password to people who ask.

It's passworded so people who like to connect/disconnect don't bring it down while they do the marathon. As stated before' date=' they're giving out the password to people who ask.

[/quote']

Pretty sure that is completely against rules, blatantly violating them.

Yeah. I don't think you're allowed to password for ANY reason. Kinda crappy but it's the rule.

Read the info in the link iHax posted. Rocket will be taking part. They have obviously sought permission from the Dev team, so you guys go back to your caves and pipe down.

I'm not a care bear because I don't think Bashur should be able to bend the rules. You should apparently look up what care bear means before you use it.

Rocket will be partaking, so what is the exact problem? They just made an exception ONCE. Don't start with "when they may do it, so can I!". And yeah, if you have some cool event, you can probably also ask permission to password is.

Think of the bashurverse as a test for a more RPG-styled gamplay. I bet rocket is exploring the concept with them. Plus, you just get on the stream to find the password anyway.

Well, there's plenty of passworded servers except this one. Are they to be reported?

I've seen a bunch of passworded servers.

I wonder if they could do a sort of thing were, passworded servers don't sync with public ones and have their own memory for that server specificly.

I wonder if they could do a sort of thing were' date=' passworded servers don't sync with public ones and have their own memory for that server specificly.

[/quote']

It could be possible I guess, by making the Hive/HiveAuth available for local running. However, I don't see anything like that happening in the near future.

Oh and yeah, passworded servers, save exceptions like this one, should be reported.

Yeah, there are passworded servers that have like 3 or 4 players playing. Obviously they loot airstrips unhindered to log on populated servers and wreak havoc later. I'd like to see those players reset and those servers (well, their passwords) removed so everyone can play and have a fair game.

Not sure why this one deserves an *exception* :dodgy:

You guys are all guest in "rockets" domain. Its his child, he ok'd the project it seems or it would of been banned by now. Who cares if people are getting loot, no one survives forever, unless you cheat the system somehow. Relax, and let people enjoy their time while the rest of us enjoy the actual game.