cheesepants

How to Become a Bandit

This may be a noob question but here goes.

Does the game actually designate certain players with a bandit status? I have noticed in the monitor two different categories for kills (murders and bandits killed.) How do you become a bandit? Someone in game told me it is just a play style. If this is true then why the differentiation in the debug monitor?

It does not anymore, there used to be a visable bandit system, but it was removed.

You become a bandit by killing other people without justifiably protecting yourself by them hitting you first. No one can tell you are a bandit.

I believe (Correct me if I'm wrong) you become a bandit at 5 murders and up.

-Edit- It seems like thats not the case anymore...

Edited by iLikeNoobies

kill people, kill enough you become classed as a bandit(no way to actually know how close you are or if your yet a bandit apart from kill some more

Killing other players or shooting a player increases your chance of becoming a Bandit. There is still a Humanity system but they removed the skins that determined who is friendly and who is the asshole (Bandit). You can also recover your Humanity by aiding other players such as bandage, blood trans, etc.

Hope this helps a little.

I hate these so called bandits. They lie the whole fu*king day on roofs, and whatever just to take you out?! Wow. Cause u scared to run around the zombies?? Now you take out survivors and sometime ppl with no weapons. No matter the person says:"friendly" or salutes you. You just go ahead and shoot. You f*cking boring!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I hate these so called bandits. They lie the whole fu*king day on roofs, and whatever just to take you out?! Wow. Cause u scared to run around the zombies?? Now you take out survivors and sometime ppl with no weapons. No matter the person says:"friendly" or salutes you. You just go ahead and shoot. You f*cking boring!!!!!!!

I know that feeling. Happened to me today, rather annoying. However thats part of DayZ, thats why you should trust no one and always keep an eye out or stay out of places where bandits hide. Its super annoying dying when you havent even got weapon but its the way it is.

Heres my bandit guidelines.

1. shoot heros on sight.

2. Let all bandit skin survivors live

3. Be an asshole overall.

Gotta do all 3 consistently. Live for the short thrill, all this piece of shit is anyway. Or was, for me.

Heres my bandit guidelines.

1. shoot heros on sight.

2. Let all bandit skin survivors live

3. Be an asshole overall.

Gotta do all 3 consistently. Live for the short thrill, all this piece of shit is anyway. Or was, for me.

I approve of this post

also if you cut your penis off and stick it up your bum and chant "satan loves me" , over and over and over. that works

Edited by n00ge
  • Like 1

Hold on, calm your horses down and stop sprinting into Cherno thinking your about to not get shot. Dying is apart of the game instead of loot and run, sneak inside of a building clear the whole building. Then wait for the perfect time to leave.

P.S Try to avoid being seen in windows.

not all "bandits" are bad. Some help you I've found.

Being a bandits is basically a playstyle. A real bandit don't shoot on sight unless they are outnumbered or the player poses a real threat. People who KOS everyone are just murderers, not bandits. Of course the game would be much more boring without those murderers, so I don't mind. :)

Well, unless I get killed as a fresh spawn of course, that just pisses me off.

• Like 1

Killing other players or shooting a player increases your chance of becoming a Bandit. There is still a Humanity system but they removed the skins that determined who is friendly and who is the asshole (Bandit). You can also recover your Humanity by aiding other players such as bandage, blood trans, etc.

Hope this helps a little.

im sure the skins are still in.. i have the super stylish plaid hero shirt.

unless its server-specific?

Actually sometimes we just shoot you, because we want to fucking shoot you.

I'm one of those asshole bandits you hate and speak of.

All I do is murder everyone I see, bandit or not. I murder bandits because it doesn't affect my humanity and they usually have nice stuff. I murder survivors for my own entertainment. My favourite ones are the ones that scream "WHY!?!" after you murder them.

You've just gotta be a jerk in general. Things like this:

I ran into a room when a bandit was chasing me and there happened to be an innocent survivor in that room. He was aiming his gun at me so I called out over direct communication "Help there's a bandit chasing me!" and he says "ok ok I'm friendly I'll help you" and turns to face the door. I run into the corner and start to bandage myself as the bandit runs in and starts shooting at the friendly. I finish bandaging myself, and pop a few rounds in the back of the guys head that was helping me and finish off the bandit as he's still shooing at the friendly that's just fallen to the ground. 2 murders, 1 betrayal, and a whole lot of loot for me :)

Another time I found a guy refulling his helicopter while his friend was on the rooftop of another building with another helicopter keeping watch. I watched for 30 seconds or so until the rooftop guy looked away over the other side and ran straight for the guy refuling the chopper. I only had a pistol at the time and figured my life was pretty exepdable so I didn't have much to lose, but they had everything to lose. I make it to the chopper unseen and start filling the guy full of lead. He panics and hops in the chopper and tries to take off. I put a few rounds in the side of his face then hop in the chopper myself. By this stage his friend is now shooting at me and hit me a few times but I wasn't dead yet. I took off and went straight up, tilted the chopper forwards and nose dived into the other chopper killing the other guy instantly as the chopper blew up. I was knoced unconscious but somehow lived as my chopper didn't explode even though the other one i hit did. I get out of the chopper, crawl for 5 seconds then my chopper and the building explode killing me and some other guy that was there which I didn't know about.

Ahhhh the glory of being a bandit :) It's this sort of stuff that makes the game fun if you ask me.

This may be a noob question but here goes.

Does the game actually designate certain players with a bandit status? I have noticed in the monitor two different categories for kills (murders and bandits killed.) How do you become a bandit? Someone in game told me it is just a play style. If this is true then why the differentiation in the debug monitor?

To be a bandit all you must do is kill anthing has a hart beat and your huminity will soon go in the the negatives and there you have it a all out bandit you are (it takes about 3 to five killed players to do this)

I killed 2 for my own protection or safety reasons and now I have a bandit looking skin. I dont mind people playing bandit but that really makes me wonder why did I got clasified so fast...