Dylan(Pezix)

Minutes for murders! Solving the "shoot on site".

Just and idea I know there has been tons but to me this might ease a bit of the massacre happening on all the servers..

The reason: People are starting to not give a fuck about losing their lives and are running rampant through the streets shooting whatever moves and spawn camping has become a serious problem.

Because skin morphing is going away and humanity is a hidden mechanic that may never fully be implemented again. I look at the debug screen and see a murder counter which has no in game effect besides being a counter.

Solution: For every murder under your belt you must wait one minute after death to respawn.

Example 10 murders = 10 minutes for respawn.

Why this might work!!

Example 1: People will grow tired of spawn, kill, die, wait.

Example 2: Rather than murdering we might see the aspect of robbing people again or knee capping them strategically and forcing them to surrender their loot, which makes for a more diversed game (which I believe we are all here for).

Example 3: Allows the non combatant a minimal head start out of the main spawns to get into safer zones, allowing REAL bandits the pleasure of the hunt.

Example 4: Adds a level of hesitence to the action of killing someone.

Example 5: Those with super long term sprees 50+ murders might start changing their minds as thier spawn timer keeps increasing. Seeing previous murderers turn good guys??

Example 6: Making those elite killers reknown just like long lived survivors!

***IN NO WAY IS YOUR CHARACTER ALTERED***

***THIS DOES NOT REMOVUE THE PVP ASPECT OF THE GAME***

***EVERYONE IS PENALIZED NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BANDIT OR SURVIVOR***

I just want to see some balance and a bit more seriousness taken by players.

Please your feedback, additions, or suggestions are welcomed.

I came up with this idea last night on the seattle server as a HELO of bandits were spawn camping to the point of massive disconnects or players disreguard to their own lives.

No way am I going to wait 10 minutes for lets say someone started shooting at me first so i shot back and killed them. that stuff happens a lot in this game

I tried to agree with you at first, but this ultimately would be extremely unfair. When a survivor runs toward me and keeps running, I do not know his intentions, he could be coming towards me to get a better shot, or perhaps, he is merely an imbecile.. The game cannot determine who tried to kill who first, or whether someone was aiming their gun at you before you killed them. Cannot agree with this one, when you have NVG's and a lot of good equipment, if they aim their gun at you for more than a second they're dead..

Wrong subforum.

Also, this would be impossible to become a reformed bandit. Maybe 1 minute for every -1k humanity, but murders cannot be removed leaving no reason to change your ways.

I tried to agree with you at first' date=' but this ultimately would be extremely unfair. When a survivor runs toward me and keeps running, I do not know his intentions, he could be coming towards me to get a better shot, or perhaps, he is merely an imbecile.. The game cannot determine who tried to kill who first, or whether someone was aiming their gun at you before you killed them. Cannot agree with this one, when you have NVG's and a lot of good equipment, if they aim their gun at you for more than a second they're dead..

[/quote']

Agreed. I don't think people are going to be thinking about having to wait a minute longer to respawn if they kill someone, cause you have to think quick especially if someone is coming around the corner aiming their gun at you.

I feel as if this would work on some degree but at the same time lower the playerbase very quickly which is what we don't want.

I see your points, that's why I stated knee capping and robbing but It is true that if someone intiates a fight and you win, it is unfair. I know it's not a perfect fix I just thought I would start somewhere :)

The only way I see it working a little bit more correctly is if the humanity system was implemented on top of this.

Say the person who fires at you (most likely someone with low humanity) end up losing to you, you wouldn't gain a murder for that therefor NOT PENELIZING THE SELF DEFENDER!! :) :)

I mean we didn't get murder counts for killing bandits so I don't ser why this wouldn't work ad a hidden system..

I think this might have potential but it needs to be tied to hummanity, lower than 1000 humanity and each 3000 adds a minute to start. I have murders all were after a survivor killed one of my guys and we killed him.

I'd like to see humanity tied in as well, but only for the murder count just because if it were based off humanity those with -100000k would have to wait a long time after each death.

Lets build on this and see if we can all agree on a viable system.

I don't want to decrease the player base I just want it to balance out the play style a bit.. More survival sim less CoD DM.

-100000k? I've barely gotten close to -10k. The only major flaw I see is that if you kill someone in self defense, you're going to lose humanity and I feel like it will be unfair for long term players. Idk just how I feel about this

I like the idea of doing this but tied to humanity. Gives humanity some consequence without affecting gameplay itself. I don't think it would be too punishing to people who've killed in self-defense because it would be cumulative, meaning killing one or two people wouldn't be so bad, whereas killing loads of people would make you considerably more worried about dying.

Frankly anyone this would scare off are people we don't need, so I'd consider that a pro, not a con. It's a mod, and an alpha at that; a huge playerbase isn't what we should be concerned with.

I like the idea of doing this but tied to humanity. Gives humanity some consequence without affecting gameplay itself. I don't think it would be too punishing to people who've killed in self-defense because it would be cumulative' date=' meaning killing one or two people wouldn't be so bad, whereas killing loads of people would make you considerably more worried about dying.

Frankly anyone this would scare off are people we don't need, so I'd consider that a pro, not a con.

[/quote']

But it does affect the gameplay.. People are much more likely to shoot a bandit than a survivor.. There might not be too much trust seeing a survivor but there IS SOME trust for most people. I didn't become a bandit by choice, I was simply defending myself. Does that mean I should wait extra time to play the game? Absolutely not, pvp is an essential part of this game and I look forward to the bandit skin to be removed in favor of lootable skins.

Wont really work, kill 100 people... die... take a shower..

Oh look I can spawn again.

Wont really work' date=' kill 100 people... die... take a shower..

Oh look I can spawn again.

[/quote']

You shower for over an hour?

Well at a 100 kills that would be 100 minutes which is an hour and forty so almost two hours which means that non hostile players get almost two hours of free time having one less serial killer to worry about, I have expanded on my idea quiet alot since I started this thread and I will write more when I get home.

Please try and be more constructive than "This is a stupid idea", feed the solution don't kill it :)

Humanity based respawn. That way, if an accidental bandit wouldn't be as affected as a bandit by nature. Though it also has to be added that bandits that give other bandits assistence would not gain humanity. This way, we can avoid bandit groups screwing with the system by helping each other, becoming survivors and once again shooting people. The extra time given to the humane players would allow them to gear up enough fight back against the bandits. It's an alpha, there is going to be some experimentation, but something we all agree with is that we don't want this to become COD.

I like this idea but with humanity. It makes it harder to be a troll. and gives you time to urinate on the bandits if urination is implemented also.

you could have the kill penalty roll over as it is, say they only last a week from the time that you killed that person, how many people do you kill in the run of a week? hell even legit bandits probaby never get more than 20 or so kills unless they do it for fun

Bad idea,

This game is all about survival of the fittest, if you want to go ahead and trust people you dont know, fine by me. But I'm not going to do it, if someone sees me, and I see him, im going to shoot first and get the hell out of dodge. And I should be penalised for wanting to survive?

Others have taken to taking supplies off survivors, by killing them, also a means of survival, and they should be penalised for this?

If you're having so much trouble surviving for more than 10 minutes, GTFO of cherno and elektro, trust nobody, and dont get seen.

And most importantly stop whining about getting killed by bandits or survivors, this game is not about balance, its not about bandits vs. survivors, its a free for all with everyone having 1 single goal...stay alive for as long as possible.

+1 to above poster.

The game is meant to allow all styles of play. If you can't survive...play different to survive. That's how it works. Don't try to get it changed so you have a gimmick to let you survive just because you don't play smart.

Why should people be forced to sit there taking longer to respawn just for playing the game in a way its designed to be played? So basically every time a Bandit dies they will have to wait 10 minutes? Not very fair when you consider that Survivors tend to shoot them on sight.

Isnt creating a game mechanic to modify behaviour exactly what Rocket and the crew are trying to avoid?

If you kill people the game punishes you... not the idea.

The only mechanics I'd like to see is ways to reduce the server hopping. Kneecapping and robbing is a thing of the past, the minute I shoot they ALT out and go to a new server.

Just because you don't like being shot at by bandits doesn't mean they deserve to be arbitrarily punished by the game mechanics.