Sign in to follow this  
Cyborg_delta1

Flip ATV or bikes

Please do some thing about the atv's or the bikes that fall on there side its so annoying when you are going down a road and your ATV does a 360 somersault in the air because of a glitch in the road. I was going along a road at about 20-25mph than the next thing I know I'm in the air and then land on my side and there is nothing you can do to flip the ATV over so then I have a long run back to my hide out minuses my loot :(

Please add the ability to flip bikes and ATV's because then I can stash my :beans: at my hide out with out going less than 20mph worried I might flip my bike or ATV.

• Like 8

Yep, we found and lost 2 x ATVs tonight, both flipped going over bridges, we were able to get one upright and drive on but lost it to the next bridge. Both of these bridges are between Electro and Solnichy.

Yeah, that's bloody annoying when a bridge finishes your atv ride... +1

We lost three in three days, one in the berezino docks, another near gorka, one more near mogilevka... Sometimes its just an unlucky turn, but flipping them manually is a good and necessary option.

Edited by Kpekep2

This is such a pain, a fix like this would be lovely. I've had this happen so many times... Surely flipping it upright wouldn't cause any real issues in the mod engine.

Thread number 486 on this topic.

They flip back over after server restart.

I camped next to my Skoda for 5 hours that I managed to flip while doing 100kmph and hitting a washing machine... only to have someone blow out a tire in the meantime while I wasn't watching, to then take another 5 hours to find a wheel AFTER the car had already flipped back over, to then have the server restart again only minutes later still 1km from camp on a dirt road and now three wheel mysteriously missing... to have some other player beat me to fixing it, stealing the car, then crashing it right back in the same washing machine that i flipped it over on.... to then get on my bike after finding two wheels and getting sniped in the middle of the night while going to fix the car AGAIN.... now I've lost my car, bike, two wheels and a bunch of other shit thanks to a dodgy server and some asshole hiding in a tree. RAGE!

/rant

~Sol

Edited by Sol

is it possible to edit ATV wight? make it heavier?

It doesn't work like that

1) Keep the hell away from bridges and docks. Theyre flipping crazy.

2) Your going too fast. This a vehicle that gets to 60mph offroad in seconds, just because you can go crazy fast, doesnt mean you have to. If your going through woods, dont go over 30 or you'll spend most of your time on your side.

3) If you flip it, DO NOT GET OFF. You can always get it back on its wheels if you are patient. Turn the wheels so the front of the front ones are pointing up to the sky (back of the wheels towards the ground), now hold that direction and reverse. You should start moving in a very slow circle on the ground and eventually your tires will grip and right the vehicle.

1) Keep the hell away from bridges and docks. Theyre flipping crazy.

2) Your going too fast. This a vehicle that gets to 60mph offroad in seconds, just because you can go crazy fast, doesnt mean you have to. If your going through woods, dont go over 30 or you'll spend most of your time on your side.

3) If you flip it, DO NOT GET OFF. You can always get it back on its wheels if you are patient. Turn the wheels so the front of the front ones are pointing up to the sky (back of the wheels towards the ground), now hold that direction and reverse. You should start moving in a very slow circle on the ground and eventually your tires will grip and right the vehicle.

This.

It also works for bikes, even if you've gotten off the bike, or like me kicked from the server because of lag and found the bike on it's side. Otherwise, yeah... wait for server restart to fix it right up.

~Sol

People still try to get over the bridge with ATV lol.

Yeah I can't believe they would try that... I mean it doesn't even seem logical to be able to ride an ATV over a bridge. I'm glad they decided to mimick this dangerous act in DayZ just in case people didn't realise this was a REAL threat.

/sarcasm

~Sol

Yeah I can't believe they would try that... I mean it doesn't even seem logical to be able to ride an ATV over a bridge. I'm glad they decided to mimick this dangerous act in DayZ just in case people didn't realise this was a REAL threat.

/sarcasm

~Sol

It's known out in the Chernarus that ATV will get tossed into the air if you try to cross a bridge or a dam. Even a little rock can turn to be something devastating... Edited by Heradon

It's known out in the Chernarus that ATV will get tossed into the air if you try to cross a bridge or a dam. Even a little rock can turn to be something devastating...

It's only known by people it has happened to already or have read about it.

Why do you act so surprised that more people keep doing it? It's like, because you know about it, everyone else should too?

~Sol

Edited by Sol

Do you think people who just started playing thsi game are going to go read through all the forums to find out the MANY quirks of this game like not driving the atv over objects that you would think it should easily go over?

So it is legitmate and it does need to fixed. Don't blame the OP. It needs to be fixed.

"Oh you stilly goose! You didn't know you can't hit the horn on the Military off-road while going left at a speed 14-19km an hour!!"

• Like 1

Do you think people who just started playing thsi game are going to go read through all the forums to find out the MANY quirks of this game like not driving the atv over objects that you would think it should easily go over?

So it is legitmate and it does need to fixed. Don't blame the OP. It needs to be fixed.

"Oh you stilly goose! You didn't know you can't hit the horn on the Military off-road while going left at a speed 14-19km an hour!!"

I don't think people that just started playing this game will find an ATV. If you're really lucky and find an ATV as newbie and you get tossed into the air first time. You should question yourself... Edited by Heradon

I don't think people that just started playing this game will find an ATV. If you're really lucky and find an ATV as newbie and you get tossed into the air first time. You should question yourself...

Right on man.

I don't think people that just started playing this game will find an ATV. If you're really lucky and find an ATV as newbie and you get tossed into the air first time. You should question yourself...

I just started playing, and I found and fixed a car, two ATVs, and a motorcycle.... I have 6 tents and a shit load of guns.

I only found out because I read about while trying to find a solution to my flipped car. I still drive full speed on my ATV through the forest and nothing bad has happened so far... I guess I won't be doing that any more either. Anyone want two fully repaired ATVs?

It's easy to flip them back with a two line script... if Rocket would just add it into the context menu for the vehicle, the problem would be solved. I even have the script to do it, if he wants it...

~Sol

DAYZ WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE POOR ATV?!?!

Yes, in ArmA 2 vanilla the ATV works perfectly, I tested on Cherno bridge and nothing happened, got to a rock-full place and got through it without any problem, just WTF?!