Sign in to follow this  
ShibbyBE

The joy of the loading screen (help please)

Was playing fine yesterday, want to play today on my regular server today and keep getting stuck at the loading screen PAST the lobby.

Beta patch: 95417

DayZ: 1.7.2.4

Server has the same things installed. WHY can't I suddenly play anymore? There were NO updates whatsoever and I keep getting the infinite loading screen past the lobby...

It is not infinite.

"Waiting for character to create" regularly takes 1-2 minutes.

"LOADING" on a full 60 slot server takes roughly 5 minutes (a friend had 15 minutes last night even).

This server has about 20 players, nothing changed compared to yesterday and my loading times were LESS than a minute.

Tried waiting 15 minutes and still nothing.

Edited by ShibbyBE

Sorry for double post but appearantly my buddies tell me the server says: Signature check timed out.

What's up with that?

Last night the admin of my regular server sent out a message saying the server had to be restarted due to memory issues. At this point the loading times were extremely high and virtually non existant after the restart. My best guess would be your server also needs a restart by its admin.

It just had it's restart when I tried to connect at first. This has been 2 and a half hours ago by now though...

Also I can join another server with the SAME version just not my regular server...

there were 400k dayz players 1 month ago (or 6 weeks I cant remember shit these days)

anyway now its almost 1mil. take it easy. issues will occur - especially at weekends. look at it this way steam has 4mil users and its a legit corporation but still every one of us having some issues time to time.

i purchased a server last night, and ive been trying to join it all night, but when i get past the lobby it just sits at the black loadings screen forever! its been 2 hours now and still nothing.... am i missing a step or something i need to do to get this to work. ITS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!

There's a bigger forum post here called "forever stuck at loading screen" or similar that has a solution (5 pages long or something). First you need to downgrade from 95417 to 95389 (ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95389.zip). Please note, when you start opp A2:OA it will still say 952xx because that's the official release. You won't see 95389 unless you run @beta but that's not necessary, you can see the version-number in DayZ if you run the six-shooter and just click launch (instead of clicking on a server). After you've done that, download http://www.dayzmod.c...2.4-Weapons.zip and replace the two files in the zip archive.

You should now be able to join almost all 95417/1.7.2.4 servers and about half of 95389/1.7.2.4 servers. Older servers won't work. And it might just be my impression but I have a higher success rate with the ingame browser than six-shooter.

One thing that worries me though, I started playing on saturday and I tried for hours before I came across this solution and it took me some time to figure out what servers allowed me to join and who didn't. If they're tracking alt+f4 users I'm in a world of hurt because of this. I've played maybe 5-6 sessions and probably have 50+ alt+f4 exits, none from when I was actually playing.... I've yet to come across a player actually.

Edit: Sorry, here's the correct thread where I read the solution that worked for me: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48723-official-1724-stuck-at-loading-screen/page__st__60

Edited by Rakrul

There's a bigger forum post here called "forever stuck at loading screen" or similar that has a solution (5 pages long or something). First you need to downgrade from 95417 to 95389 (ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95389.zip). Please note, when you start opp A2:OA it will still say 952xx because that's the official release. You won't see 95389 unless you run @beta but that's not necessary, you can see the version-number in DayZ if you run the six-shooter and just click launch (instead of clicking on a server). After you've done that, download http://www.dayzmod.c...2.4-Weapons.zip and replace the two files in the zip archive.

You should now be able to join almost all 95417/1.7.2.4 servers and about half of 95389/1.7.2.4 servers. Older servers won't work. And it might just be my impression but I have a higher success rate with the ingame browser than six-shooter.

One thing that worries me though, I started playing on saturday and I tried for hours before I came across this solution and it took me some time to figure out what servers allowed me to join and who didn't. If they're tracking alt+f4 users I'm in a world of hurt because of this. I've played maybe 5-6 sessions and probably have 50+ alt+f4 exits, none from when I was actually playing.... I've yet to come across a player actually.

Already read those and tried it.

So you're running 95389/1.7.2.4 with the replaced weapons file and can't join 95417/1.7.2.4 servers?

No I didn't have any issues yesterday, I did NOT change anything since then either.

I'm running 95417/1.7.2.4

I can join SOME servers with those versions TODAY but I could join ALL of them yesterday. I can't join my regular anymore.

Uhm, but why don't you try 95389 like it says?

Because as I SAID before, it worked fine YESTERDAY and my REGULAR server uses 95417...

I'm having the exact same problem, everything worked fine untill I tried to play today. Now i'm suddenly stuck on infinite loading screens even tho nothing has changed.

Running DayZ 1.7.4.2 and Beta patch 95417.

Note: I updated as soon as it came out and have been playing ever since, untill today that is.

Edited by Suicidalpanda

Because as I SAID before, it worked fine YESTERDAY and my REGULAR server uses 95417...

Ok. My point was that with 95389 and weapons.zip I can join just about any 95417, but I guess I'm special.

Edit: Sorry, here's the correct thread where I read the solution that worked for me: http://dayzmod.com/f...en/page__st__60

I tried this sadly without any luck = (