Darkkis (DayZ)

Respawn disabled? WHY???

Time that is wasted on walking to each other could as well be used on actually playing and finding gear. I guess it works just to find some zombies and get myself killed, just like talon200uk pointed out on the page 2.

The problem here is that you want the game to be something its not. no group chat, moving long distances through the woods, dealing with the situation youre dealt - all of these and other factors contribute to the core gameplay of dayz.

Just look to the fact the mod is built on a hardcore mil sim instead CoDs engine.

Im not flaming or saying youre wrong, just that there are many people attracted to this type of gameplay.

Dayz is simply slower pace than many other shooters. We're not meant to just respawn and get back in the action.

Edited by jalthi

The problem here is that you want the game to be something its not. no group chat, moving long distances through the woods, dealing with the situation youre dealt - all of these and other factors contribute to the core gameplay of dayz.

Just look to the fact the mod is built on a hardcore mil sim instead CoDs engine.

Im not flaming or saying youre wrong, just that there are many people attracted to this type of gameplay.

Dayz is simply slower pace than many other shooters. We're not meant to just respawn and get back in the action.

Sure. Slow pace is fine, but why can't there be a group tool at the same time. You don't want to use it? Fine. But I bet there's many people who would like to. I don't think that such tool would take anything away from you, but it would add to some people.

I don't think that such tool would take anything away from you, but it would add to some people.

That's called catering and it's a bad thing. It's also a slippery slope.

Meeting up with friends and traveling are part of the game.

"hey guys let's all spawn at balota and gear up super quick, oh we died? Let's try cherno, then elektro if that doesn't work."

You really dont see how that's a problem?

No work involved in getting to the city or meeting up at all.

Making things easier isn't the best answer. That's how games devolve into hand holding crap.

i think that the spawning is actually not done that well . why you ask ?

well now the respawn is not allowed you can be miles from anywhere . what good does this serve anyone when playing ? none.

what do you do when you spawn ? first thing is head to churno or elctra and get some goodies to survive.

so why not have the spawns around these locations only ? common sense prevails :)

its okay saying if you miles from anywhere just break your leg but what if there is nothing for ten minutes to do this with ? its hassle for the sake of hassle and serves no real purpose other than irritating the player who spawns there. you can argue it makes it more realistic or whatever its just the way its been done in the game and that is all.

ideally you just want locations to spawn so you can get to basics to survive in few minutes .

Edited by dgeesio

Dying is not supposed to be a minor setback, it's supposed to suck colossal hairy ass.

Sure. Slow pace is fine, but why can't there be a group tool at the same time. You don't want to use it? Fine. But I bet there's many people who would like to. I don't think that such tool would take anything away from you, but it would add to some people.

Lots of people would like to spawn with personal helicopters, too. So?

Wow... 14 year old calls me a kid. I lol'd seriously. Thanks for the laugh of the day.

Anyways I can navigate easily through the coast with the maps online. The only problem is really that if this game had grouping tools I wouldn't have any problems with respawn disabled, because I don't respawn just because i'd love to find a better spawn, but to locate friend(s) I play with. Time that is wasted on walking to each other could as well be used on actually playing and finding gear. I guess it works just to find some zombies and get myself killed, just like talon200uk pointed out on the page 2.

Or you could actually play the game and get some starter gear on your own and designate a location to meet your friend. That's what everyone has been trying to say, it seems. As someone said on page one, the game starts when you connect, not when you meet up with your friends.

It's a part of the game. Just as dying is and having to restart. Whether you're a new player or someone that just died, you'll be spawning on the coast somewhere and will have to hoof it to get some gear or, if you play in a group, to meet up with your friends.

Yes, it took a while for someone to actually bring up the group mechanic, but I think I'd have to agree with the other people who dismissed that as a bad idea.

The one original counter-argument I can think of to the group spawning thing is that one could argue it could be better to loot separately and meet up later at a different location. If you're both looting a few buildings in Cherno or Elektro before gtfo'ing there might not be enough to go around. It also might be better that you're separated so you don't both get taken out by a PK'er. Maybe one of you gets an Enfield and a pistol but the other dies, now you've got someone who can travel to the city you spawn nearest to and cover you while you get your own starter gear.

Edited by Crammal