Sign in to follow this  
kevinheraiz@hotmail.com

How to start a new character without losing my old one?

Me and my friend usually play DayZ together, but that is usually during the night time, and we log out together so we can continue without having to run very far. I was wondering if there is any way to have an additional character so that I could run around electro and just mess around with no fear of loosing my gear. I've already tried making a different profile and that didn't work...

It's not possible without a second copy of the game and second pc.

• Like 1

Yes there is I think you can create a new profile without deleting your old one, just click on game profile on the main menu and then click on 'new'.

Yes there is I think you can create a new profile without deleting your old one, just click on game profile on the main menu and then click on 'new'.

I've tried that and I've still spawned in with my gear

It's not possible without a second copy of the game and second pc.

What if I just installed the game on a second PC?

Nope doesnt work.

Me and my friend usually play DayZ together, but that is usually during the night time, and we log out together so we can continue without having to run very far. I was wondering if there is any way to have an additional character so that I could run around electro and just mess around with no fear of loosing my gear. I've already tried making a different profile and that didn't work...

There's two things you can do:

1. easiest: in the filter in game on the server browser, in "mission" type "sanctuary", all of those servers will have private databases so on each server you will have a different character.

2. Buy another copy of the game and follow Sacriel's tutorial on youtube to have multiple characters.

• Like 1

Not possible with a single copy of arma2 combined ops.

You need 2 copies. I have 2 steam accounts with it, switch and it works fine.

Indeed, you need a second CD-Key since your character is saved to your Key and not to your profile.

• Like 1

What if I just installed the game on a second PC?

Your account is tied to the cd-key, installing to an other computer won't help. You would still play the same character.

• Like 1