Weapon Nerfing  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should Nerfing be removed?

Since there is a massive debate going on about this topic. Let's combine all the arguments in one place. So we can all work together towards a solution.

My view on this is. It should and must be removed.

Nerfing of weapons has gotten to the point where handguns are completely useless. It shouldn't take more than 1 magazine to kill a player.

It currently takes 2 magazines of bodyshots to kill with the Makarov and 9 bullets with the revolver. That's worse than COD.

Sure you can argue that it makes aiming for the head important which is fair enough against zombies. But against players who do not walk in doors this is a definite death for anyone not using a anything that's not using a assault rifle.

And if you want to make zombies harder to take down you make the zombies stronger not make the weapons weaker.

PVP is going to be stupid for the next little while.

People shouldn't be bullet sponges.

And Arma was meant for realism sure i agree there should be a balance between fun and realism but was it not fun before the weapon nerf why change what is not broken.

Yes I am aware that this weapon nerf has nothing to do with Rocket but this is aimed at all those nerfing supporters and for Rocket to do something mod side.

It completely defeats the purpose if i can now go on running into buildings with a M14 in Cheno safe in the knowledge that no noob can one shot me.

And for your knowledge i'm not playing Day Z until this is fixed.

The colt 1911 arguably the greatest hand gun in history does not deserve the defacing it has receivedS in the last few days.

So for the sake of John Browning fix this madness

• Like 3

OMG you are right.

I just quickly jumped on. and i one shot kill zombies to the chest with the 1911

But other people are complaining about 3 shot 1911 zombie kills.

This is weird what the hell is going on?

Edited by lukeyu2005

http://dayzdb.com/ne...es-in-arma2-162

There have been huge nerfs, people who don't play much or haven't died in a long time won't notice because it only applies to guns you pick up post patch, pre patch pistols seem to not be affected yet.

Zombie took 7 shots from a makarov for me yesterday. m1911 takes 3. AK74 took 3 xD

Edited by Syra

Since Azrail is an idiot, http://dayzdb.com/database/weapon-comparison

Basic pistol/SMG damage lowered by 500

.45 handguns lowered by 3111

M4A1 SD/ AKS-74U/ AK-74/ AKS-74 Kobra lowered by 833

Lee Enfield lowered by 5778

Double Barreedl Shotgun/ M1014/ Remington 870 lowered by 2222 (2200 for Remington)

• Like 1

it wasn't intended for DayZ and rocket's looking into to how to fix it

It's fine , M1911 took me out with 3 shots which is completely CRAP...

I shoot 15 bullets into a guy with m4 sd and the only thing that he had was broken legs he shoots me 1 time and i pass out directly...

I think that pass out thing has a random chance of happening anytime you get shot, I know its happend to me in the past. I hope the damages get readjusted soon.....

The SMG and Pistol nerfs are fucking retarded, in my opinion, but everything else is fine.

I mean, really? The Bizon only does 889 damage per shot now.

Ya this is frustrating, having to put full mags into zombies just to clear them, where as before it was like 2 bullets! :( im sure it will get fixed up eventually.

These changes to weapon realism are shocking and saddening. I dont understand why they would do that, when the mod became popular as it WAS. It's shit right now. Very

PEOPLE

I REALIZE YOUVE NEVER USED ANOTHER FORUM IN YOUR LIFE BEFORE THIS ONE

BUT ALWAYS LOOK AT OP POST DATE AND THE LAST FEW DATES BEFORE PUTTING ANSWERS TO THE OP

Personally I think there are some other weapons that need more nerfs (M107, AS50, M4A1 CCO SD). Balance is out of whack though, as I also feel some weapons need a buff.

BUT ALWAYS LOOK AT OP POST DATE AND THE LAST FEW DATES BEFORE PUTTING ANSWERS TO THE OP

Omg, op was a week ago, now we're all the necroposters. Wtf, man, week it's nothing, calm down, no reason to caps.

The point ATM is: after the recent handgun nerf you need less empty cans thown at the zombie than bullets in it's chest to kill it.

OK, I see it: empty can nerf is coming.

Edited by Treehead

Omg, op was a week ago, now we're all the necroposters. Wtf, man, week it's nothing, calm down, no reason to caps.

one day ull learn about how forums work

but youre still young, so i understand