munchy

The PvP Discussion Thread

Basically yeah I'd like to see a 40 hour 'you are dead' screen.

It would be across all servers so you'd have to wait 1.5 days before you can play again.

That sounds like an excellent way to kill this mod in under a week.

TurkeyBurgers' date=' why are you here? posting sarcastic comments? I'm genuinely baffled as to why I seem to have caused you such an affront that you feel the need to reply to my carefully considered posts with sarcasm? If this project offends you so much, why not go do something else?

[/quote']

You know what Rocket you are right. WTF am I doing here? It is probably best that I stop posting on the forums and logging into the game. I am done. Thanks for the good times and the hope that this game would improve. I see now there is no hope you will ever alter the game in any way shape or form. I am sure you have plenty of people to lick your butthole and blow your cock and tell you how AMAZING and ORIGINAL the mod is.

Keep on camping those airfields yall! It is the best it is ever going to be. That is the endgame.

Fair warning to anyone coming here expecting a Zombie game with pvp added onto it. This is a PvP deathmatch grief gank game with a few NPC zombies wandering around. Make no mistake about it. It is regular Call of Duty style gameplay with a wandering NPC cruising through the middle of the battlefield.

I hope you believe in troll games. Cus your in one.

9NLT1.jpg

Call of doody pew pew pew!

When the SHTF all of us went on murder sprees and checked the website for our high scores. Which one were you?

Gcmid.jpg

I have murder count 0, bandit kills 0 and I am proud of it.

I quite enjoy now Samaritan way of playing this. Being shot twice (I used to fear other people and always avoid them) and discovering the transience of 'physical' belongings my gameplay is now like finding ALICE backpack, stuff it with ammo, food, whatever and give it all to the first survivor I meet (if he/she is interested of course). And then move to next city/village and try again.

No difference for me if I'm shot in process :D

(but I still think https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30907 is good idea)

Sick of your constant dribble in all the threads.

LaAsl.gif

Was a ban necessary for Turkey? Okay some of his language went too far, but seems you banned him simply because he's saying things you don't want to hear.

You need more people analysing and critiquing the mod, not more suck ups living in ignorant bliss saying "we wuv yoo wocket, this is best mod ever, it's perfect".

It's still Alpha, and IMHO has a long way to go. Aside from an ego boost, what do the fanboys really give back to the Alpha devs?

Check US1 log files if you can. For every 2 people I killed last night, one of them would rage quit after they died, including some I didn't technically kill because I ran them over. Now I'm not just DM'ing because I have about 450 zombie kills currently too (and had a working car). Still, I do not condone my behaviour, and think it's ruining the game for everyone I encounter for my own (slight) amusement. However I'm forced to play like this currently, because I can't sit back and enjoy some teamwork, exploring, and zombie horde slaughter.... as it just draws in other players who will kill me for no real reason.

All you naive players need to stop debating that this mod needs PvP. This thread is NOT about removing PvP. As if the title isn't clear enough, almost every person opposed to the player murdering has stated they want to keep PvP but reduce the senseless murders.

Was a ban necessary for Turkey? Okay some of his language went too far' date=' but seems you banned him simply because he's saying things you don't want to hear.[/quote'] I'm not on the dev team, I'm just another player...so I dont get offended by bad opinions of the mod.

I do get annoyed at people constantly posting garbage. Look at his post history and decide for yourself. I've already had 3 complaints by other users about his dribble.

I know you've been in the arma community since Arma 1, so you should understand my desire for the constructive community to remain.

Now that that's out there, please continue with the thread topic.

I noticed that too.

Many players that leave after I killed them come back a minute later :P

I've had some really awesome encounters the last few days, meeting other players is such a adrenalin rush and I love it. I actually think the map offers a lot of different game plays, whether you stick to the large cities, airfields, woods or small towns.

I die once or twice a day and it always hurts, but I keep coming back for more.

My approach is to blitz through one of the large towns, grab the essentials and then sprint to the woods, my game doesn't really start before then.

If you get too frustrated OR feel that you've played through every aspect, you DO have the option of letting the game rest a few days. Chances are you'll be hungering for another try very soon, it's just that intense.

I've had some really awesome encounters the last few days' date=' meeting other players is such a adrenalin rush and I love it. I actually think the map offers a lot of different game plays, whether you stick to the large cities, airfields, woods or small towns.

I die once or twice a day and it always hurts, but I keep coming back for more.

My approach is to blitz through one of the large towns, grab the essentials and then sprint to the woods, my game doesn't really start before then.

If you get too frustrated OR feel that you've played through every aspect, you DO have the option of letting the game rest a few days. Chances are you'll be hungering for another try very soon, it's just that intense.

[/quote']

I do it like that, too.

I never understood the issue with the bean carriers getting killed. I mean I respawn until I am near a city, run in, grab some gear and either make it out alive with some shiney stuff or I die and repeat the procedure. Its like 10 minutes effort and I have nothing to lose and can only win.

It is more frustrating for me dying to a winchester pellet tard somewhere while I have an automatic weapons with a lot of mags...

Was a ban necessary for Turkey? Okay some of his language went too far' date=' but seems you banned him simply because he's saying things you don't want to hear.

[/quote']

Adam (our diligent webmaster) convinced me over many days that we needed a forum. I was dead against a forum as I think they serve very little constructive purpose and people develop an entitlement to them. You will notice most studios do not have developers post or view their product/studio forums. There is a reason for this. The forums are demanded by publishers in a lame attempt to get some interest in their games.

I welcome constructive criticism and dialog, but not at the expense of the development itself. But what I don't welcome is people being unconstructive, sarcastic, and throwing childish fits filled with meme's just because when i reply saying "thats not in the scope of the project."

You have no inherent right to be on these forums, paid for out of the personal pockets of development team members. I don't come into Turkey's house and start abusing his family, be sarcastic when they don't serve the kind of food I want to eat - so he (and anyone else) doesn't have the right to do that either.

...You need more people analysing and critiquing the mod' date=' not more suck ups living in ignorant bliss saying "we wuv yoo wocket, this is best mod ever, it's perfect"....

[/quote']

Some of what he said initially can be counted as analysis and critique. But when I said, "sorry, thats not in the scope and I'm not interested in pursuing that" - he took umbridge and used that as a license to be sarcasitic whenever possible.

I don't want either kinds of people. I have instructed Adam that the moderators are to be very strict here or the forums will be closed down. I've had enough, its a complete waste of resources and I am still only just barely agreeing to the forums being online.

If people want to rant, suck up, and lament the major flaws and bugs - there are PLENTY of forums you can do that on where it will be MUCH funnier. I occasionally cruise other forums, and I end up in tears of laughter at some of the descriptions and jokes about the numerous bugs and flaws - complete with sarcasm. It's funny there, it's not here.

This is the development team's home and I remind you that you are a guest here. If you don't respect that, then you will be shown the door immediately and never welcome back.

This forum will be heavily pruned and its members will be pruned also where we feel they are not being constructive. That's the comprimise that Adam and I reached.

• Like 1

And how about 'no fire' zones?

Where ppl can come, talk, trade do whatever without being afraid that someone will shoot them? :D

Where ppl can come' date=' talk, trade do whatever without being afraid that someone will shoot them? :D

[/quote']

I played a game called Darkfall which was an MMO with world wide PVP and harsh death rules. (Not as harsh as here)

The only safe towns were NPC ones that were specific to your race and if you were a 'bandit' or a different race you couldn't trade safely in the town.

One guidl decided to take one of the player cities and set it up as a free trading place. Where their members were always on guard and any race/clan/alignment met up to do trading. If someone stepped out of line they were killed and put on a shitlist and not allowed to enter.

There is nothing stopping some people doing the same here, take over a village. Keep it Zombie free and enforce fair play or get shot. Have a rule like "only maks visibile when in the town". Anyone brandishing a weapon will be considered hostile and shot.

Things like this are what can make the game awesome, but there are too many people who want some sort of unwordly protection.

Where ppl can come' date=' talk, trade do whatever without being afraid that someone will shoot them? :D

[/quote']

I dont think ARMA is able to add that mechanic to the game. Ive not played one scenario where i could not shoot someone, even in basic training.

As mentioned before, nothing is stopping the players from doing this, except players complain its too hard with the PKers and untrustworthy players...

IMO, i think the underlying issue is the availability of weapons, even though we are on a military island. That fact that people spawn with a means to instantly kill others is abit iffy.

What i would like to see (and doubt possible in this engine) is random spawn items, so you always have food and stuff, but dont always have a gun. This will be harsh on new players, but forces them to learn by trial and error.

To prevent people from always respawning to get a gun, multiple respawns within a time limit would cause your character to get locked out for a few minutes.

But this issue is minor i see it, and people just need to learn to move inland and away from pvp hot zones

• Like 1

[/quote']

I dont think ARMA is able to add that mechanic to the game. Ive not played one scenario where i could not shoot someone, even in basic training.

As mentioned before, nothing is stopping the players from doing this, except players complain its too hard with the PKers and untrustworthy players...

IMO, i think the underlying issue is the availability of weapons, even though we are on a military island. That fact that people spawn with a means to instantly kill others is abit iffy.

What i would like to see (and doubt possible in this engine) is random spawn items, so you always have food and stuff, but dont always have a gun. This will be harsh on new players, but forces them to learn by trial and error.

To prevent people from always respawning to get a gun, multiple respawns within a time limit would cause your character to get locked out for a few minutes.

But this issue is minor i see it, and people just need to learn to move inland and away from pvp hot zones

Well you can kill anyone who fires or kills someone in an area.

But I doubt this is wanted or needed in this mod.

There is an automated kick when you shoot inside the base in the domination mode, something similar could be implemented here. Mark the zone with the warning signs.

There is an automated kick when you shoot inside the base in the domination mode' date=' something similar could be implemented here. Mark the zone with the warning signs.

[/quote']

This will never make it into the mod.

I had a mini trade depot set up in a barn, but it got shut down pretty fast by a server hopper. Once that is fixed (if it gets fixed) I can see places being set up as trade depots without worrying about someone going on a different server, setting up, changing servers to kill everyone then alt f4 to not die.

There are ways of making trades without having to risk being shot, use your heads for something besides target practice.

Hopefully, you'll never be able to depend on an ingame mechanic (firezones, npc, etc) to avoid any of the challenges of the game, you have every other game in existence pretty much for that.