Sign in to follow this  
Dantrag

Weirdest moments

Hi everyone. After one of my game sessions, when i was nearby killed by a something, i thought - what are the weirdest moments everyone expierienced (due to cheaters, lags, bugs, sun and stars, black magic etc)?

let me start:

#1.

once i logged in, and happened to spawn a ton of meters from ground, above trees at twice their height distance. i thought '... i should not even move my head and quickly log out...', and then i accidentally placed hand on touchpad. Lost a complete toolbelt of gadgets (had everything except gps) and cz550.

Then i was not asked standard 'choose your gender' dialogue on respawn, and was spawned somewhere in the old fields with my gear from previous life - AK w Cobra etc. I played for a 4 days since then, when... story #2.

#2. (about a week ago, server FR 22)

at night, me and my friend were crawling through mountain to the north of Dolina (west from Solnichniy). I saw fire and came closer - it happened to be a crashed helicopter. After a quick look, i found NVG and ran away retreated to the forest. I met my friend near the lake on the road from Dolina to Solnichniy, and then... my NVG was completely blinded, my ears were blowing away. I screamed DAFUQ and fell to the ground. When i took NVG off, i saw a lot of explosions around me. It was nice artillery fire. Also, i noticed that i have less than 7litres of blood, i am bleeding and my leg is broken. After short discussion with my teammate (-wtf is that?! -how can i know?!) we decided to make our first combat disconnect. Later i entered half-empty server and bandaged myself, ate all my food to be above 6litres of blood and used last morphine to stand. Wasn't able to play since then, need to wait for teammate to transfuse blood.

#~ (short story)

Two or three times i was teleported through quarter the map. I remember it quite well - i was running zigzags from NW airfield, where my friend was sniped down, and almost got to Petrovka, when... i appeared in the open field to the NE from airfield and heard gunshots again.

Other two times were not so ... frustrating, so i won't post about Adventures In The Empty Field For Some Time.

So, what happened to you? Were you attacked by a headcrab? Or did you took Ghille suit and was teleported to the shore with no backpack, as my friend did?

More of a glitch than something that happened in game, though it was still pretty neat.

Shortly after spawning on the beach I was smacked by a zombie pretty bad, though I made it away and bandaged.

I realized that my screen started doing something weird where it would fade completely to black and slowly work it's way back to normal.

My friend said there's nothing that would make my screen do that in DayZ, though I came to the conclusion that maybe my character had a concussion or something. :D