iAwesome

Trip Flare

Trip Flare is an early warning signaling device used to warn of infiltrating survivors/zombies by illuminating the area surrounding the trip flare when sprung. Would be awesome while playing on night servers.

• Like 11

+1

I like this idea. And maybe expand to other things, like claymores. Or be able to string together tin cans, so when something walks past it, it jingles.

• Like 1

I like it. This stuff would be awesome for nighttime

A great thing for bandits and survivors alike. And it would give another use for the flare.

Maybe if you had a toolbox and flares you could right click on the flare with a 'set trap' function... Gives another use to the toolbox as well.

How about frag versions too? Or smoke. You should be able to get a 200 m thing of string. You can have the string stretch out for 200 m, but chances are that wont give you as much of a location as a 20m. Also it should be able to be disabled with a toolbox. The (insert grenade/flare here) would have to be on one of the ends, so someone who is tripping a 200m long tripwire wont die by the explosion, just get the shit scared out of him/her

I like the idea of this, say they put a new item in called string which could be used for a few different things.

Flares could be set up with it to trigger in a radius or perhaps across a line if possible.

You could also use empty tin cans and bottles as suggested above to make a sound alert which would function during the day too.

I like that idea. Would be pretty decent.

I also like the idea of the grenade ones as claymores and such. Except one thing comes to mind with them,.. griefing, and a lot of it. lol

*Walk into Apartment or Fire Station of Mil. Tent and BOOM! You're dead.*

Might get out of control sadly if that was added imo. But still good idea.

Yea, I think it should be kept to non-lethal traps such as flares, tin cans/bottles and smoke.

Yeah definitely just none lethal traps like smoke, flares, cans, etc. Otherwise people with tons of frags would just trap places like cherno just to grief newly spawned players, who have no means of disarming them. They would have to have like a toolbox, a wire fencing kit, and the smoke or whatever you're putting on.

Sounds like a good idea, I can think of a few uses.

You could plant one in an off to the side area, and when a zombie triggers it other zombies would flock to the area. This could clear a large area of zombies as well as attract players without any sign of where you are currently(you don't have to chuck it).

As well as planting them for players to spring and get packs of zombies flooding at them, causing them to waste precious time/ammunition. Allowing you to get the edge over a more geared player by whittling his resources down and striking when appropriate

Ive already posted this topic.

Link it, I'll show ya some love

Gave ya my beans brother.

Rather than bumping an old topic, I'll just keep posting in this one though.

A good idea to add, which came from someone in Robert's previous thread, would be grenade traps triggered by tripwires.

This was a lethal tactic in 'Nam, the VC would put false tunnel entrances and attach a wire from the lid connected to the grenade pin. When someone opened the false entryway, they would be blown to bits.

Could be a great idea if Rocket goes through with his Underground base plans

Edited by Badjr
  • Like 1

Ive already posted this topic.

I'm sorry. I didn't check whether someone posted this before or not, before I posted. But hey! Wise minds think alike! It would be awesome at night-time when watching out for bandits at your camp.

Supported oen hundred percent. Trip flares or tin cans on a string as an early warning system would be very cool, and I've thought about this many times before.

With duping running rampant, stuff like this would be abused to the detriment of gameplay. Frankly, I'm amazed bear traps haven't become the new form of trolling.