Sign in to follow this  
evil_loc

Simple fix to deathmatch?

So basicly this is my idea to decrease deathmatching and improve alliances;

-A need to repair weapons,or else they could jam/do less damage

-When ever some dies a random percentage of loot is destroyed/heavily damaged.

-People would need other people's skills.

A engineer would be needed to repair weapons easily.A medic for extreme wounds etc.

• Like 1

Nop

This is a good idea but you will get flamed by the fan boys that act like anything new is bad

• Like 2

Sad thing is deathmatch is a horrible monster that appears even in places it's not supposed to lurk. If you ever played Thievery (an Unreal Tournament stealth mod based on the Thief games) you would have experienced that a lot of the games ended in deathmatch.

"Damn! We got a DM Thief!!!!"

For some reason people can't play deathmatch just on deathmatch games, they have to bring it everywhere with them.

And yes, you will be flamed heavily for attacking the deathmatch factor. These are fierce grounds you are treading.

Edited by necroslord
  • Like 1

Sad thing is deathmatch is a horrible monster that appears even in places it's not supposed to lurk. If you ever played Thievery (an Unreal Tournament stealth mod based on the Thief games) you would have experienced that a lot of the games ended in deathmatch.

"Damn! We got a DM Thief!!!!"

For some reason people can't play deathmatch just on deathmatch games, they have to bring it everywhere with them.

And yes, you will be flamed heavily for attacking the deathmatch factor. These are fierce grounds you are treading.

Especialy for a first time poster...

I'm only trying to suggest some reasons for people to not go running around the map and snipe every person they see.

I'm only trying to suggest some reasons for people to not go running around the map and snipe every person they see.

I know and I support it. But check around and you will see the open war that is going around about this very topic. Some people get very aggresive and closed minded as soon as they read a title and start their very valuable contributions "No, just no." "Wrong game." "You are an idiot." "You are butthurt because you got killed." and so on.

I don't tell you not to gve your opnion. Just know what you can expect. I still contribute even with all those flamers because I expect to get improvements on the matter eventually.

• Like 2

Can we just fucking stop with these threads already?

If you don't like being killed move north. Be sneakier. And most of all QQ.

Bandits make this game fun. This game isn't really a Deathmatch unless you let it be.

People that sit in a bush sniping people and don't even bother to loot the corpse aren't bandits, they're griefers. Bandits kill for loot...

The deathmatching just takes away from the immersion of the game, IMO.

I think Rocket should just get rid of the 'murders' statistic on the HUD, most of these sniper guys are just little kids trying to increase their non-existent e-peens.

Edited by mZLY

People that sit in a bush sniping people and don't even bother to loot the corpse aren't bandits, they're griefers. Bandits kill for loot...

The deathmatching just takes away from the immersion of the game, IMO.

I think Rocket should just get rid of the 'murders' statistic on the HUD, most of these sniper guys are just little kids trying to increase their non-existent e-peens.

Wrong. I kill people because I know it makes people like you angry. Also I am 20 and take offense to the little kid comparison. I tried the whole kill only zombies and help everyone I see but it's really just not fun sometimes. Sometimes I want to hear people rage over the VOIP as I am running up to finish them off as they try and frantically prone away. Sometimes I want to just watch as someone dies at the end of my scope and they lose all their hard earned loot. That feeling is something that can't be felt on any other game because dayz is the only game I know of (besides hardcore D3 but that's boring) that completely strips you of your loot when you die.

The PvP is an aspect of the game that is here to stay unless zombies start spawning in woods where bandit clans hang out (which I would be fine with).

There is only one solution to stop deathmatching:

Players with good equip get bored. Then they go to the noob towns to harvest some fresh players. This "virus" than spreads over to the fresh spawned player, too. Some of them are going to think "i have been killed by someone else! They are all bad guys! Now im going to shoot back!". At the end everyone shoots eachother.

So the problem is actually that at some point in the game there is nothing left to do but killing other players.

• Like 1

Wrong. I kill people because I know it makes people like you angry. Also I am 20 and take offense to the little kid comparison.

Blah blah blah.

The PvP is an aspect of the game that is here to stay unless zombies start spawning in woods where bandit clans hang out (which I would be fine with).

That's griefing, pure and simple, summed up in a few words. And I'm well aware that PvP is an aspect of the game. If I'm looting somewhere and some guy busts in with a shotty and blows my head off, taking the loot for himself, then fair enough, bandit got my beans.

What people like you do is detrimental to the game and quite frankly for a 20 year old you're severely lacking in the maturity department if you get your jollies by trying to make people mad in a video game.

Double post, delete plz

Edited by mZLY

That's griefing, pure and simple, summed up in a few words. And I'm well aware that PvP is an aspect of the game. If I'm looting somewhere and some guy busts in with a shotty and blows my head off, taking the loot for himself, then fair enough, bandit got my beans.

What people like you do is detrimental to the game and quite frankly for a 20 year old you're severely lacking in the maturity department if you get your jollies by trying to make people mad in a video game.

Yep, a video game determines my maturity as a person in the real world. You sure hit the nail on the head there pal. You even went to great lengths to not even quote my entire post. I am greatly offended by this because the parts you left out explain why I enjoy griefing people, to make people mad and to feel them get angry. If more people worked together and didn't KOS, then maybe I would try to help more people. But right now anytime someone see's me get near them and they see I am heavily geared, they either kill me to take my gear or they kill me because they panic.

But because I don't play the game to kill zombies all day you call me immature? Yeah, that's pretty wrong.

There is only one solution to stop deathmatching:

Players with good equip get bored. Then they go to the noob towns to harvest some fresh players. This "virus" than spreads over to the fresh spawned player, too. Some of them are going to think "i have been killed by someone else! They are all bad guys! Now im going to shoot back!". At the end everyone shoots eachother.

So the problem is actually that at some point in the game there is nothing left to do but killing other players.

This exactly. We don't need to alter anything ingame right now to fight pvp, we just need more endgame / meta content. People kill eachother because there's nothing else to do.

Give us endgame content, or content that can't be soloed for that matter, and things will even out pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Yep, a video game determines my maturity as a person in the real world. You sure hit the nail on the head there pal. You even went to great lengths to not even quote my entire post. I am greatly offended by this because the parts you left out explain why I enjoy griefing people, to make people mad and to feel them get angry. If more people worked together and didn't KOS, then maybe I would try to help more people. But right now anytime someone see's me get near them and they see I am heavily geared, they either kill me to take my gear or they kill me because they panic.

But because I don't play the game to kill zombies all day you call me immature? Yeah, that's pretty wrong.

Grow a brain cell please, manchild.

I said you're immature because you grief in video games. Valid point, IMO.

And I never said you should hug everyone and hand out your beans, just man up and play like a real bandit. Go play BF3 if you wanna hide in a bush, ignore the objective and kill people aimlessly.

Grow a brain cell please, manchild.

I said you're immature because you grief in video games. Valid point, IMO.

And I never said you should hug everyone and hand out your beans, just man up and play like a real bandit. Go play BF3 if you wanna hide in a bush, ignore the objective and kill people aimlessly.

Oh I see, so now I am dumb? Alright I guess.

You think I just sit on the coast and camp? I am an equal opportunity bandit. If you are armed I will more than likely try to kill you. I also kill clans who go to the NWA. That's probably where I hang out most anyway.

And what do you determine to be "playing like a real bandit anyway"? A bandit is someone who kills other bandits and sometimes survivors for sport, sometimes loot. But most people who are fully geared don't need the loot from Stary Sober kills anyway. So what else do I do? Kill zombies all day? What fun is that?

If you can't handle getting killed for sport than this game isn't for you. Until the zombies get much more frightening or until rocket adds some sort of meta game, this mindset is here to stay.

It's almost like you have a few rehearsed lines to defend the way you play and then you're trying to piece together things you've heard other people say on top of that and it's just coming out as a jumbled mess.

Killing for sport? Sounds like you'd be better off in CoD TBH, and you say this game isn't for ME? Nice logic there, bro.

Killing players heading for or at the airfield is what I would call REAL banditry. You're on the right track there. Beyond that, IDK... Fix up a heli, get some guys together and fill up a bus, go find whatever the few items you or your buddies want/need, whatever you wanna do really... But sitting in a bush, killing people for no reason other than to mess up their day isn't the answer.

Edited by mZLY

No worries, chances are you won't have to worry about me killing you seeing as I doubt you have been as far as Zelengorsk. Also nice rebuttal there, first you have no comeback so you try to call me a CoD babby, then you go on and try to say you think your way to play DayZed is better than mine. Which is completely opinion but I guess you live in a world where if you don't get your way you cry and scream and call all those around you "little kids". Sound familiar?

If you want to kill zombies all day and sit in cherno and horde c-tier loot, be my guest. But don't call me a CoD babby just because I enjoy killing something that isn't controlled by AI. As I said in all my posts. Me and my friends have fixed up vehicles and have all the loot we could ever possibly want. I have given solutions to the problem at hand, which is there is too much killing of players for a survival game (though I think killing the players is a part of the survival, one less person to worry about but hey according to you I am a 15 year old with no brain cells). If rocket adds more support for clan vs clan warfare, I will be the first one to support it. But until then if you happen to crawl off the coast expect to get shot at.

I've said in every post so far that I have no problem with player killing or the fact that this is a PvP game. It's the killing for no reason that I have a problem with. Why are you still talking about shooting zombies and Cherno? And I never even mentioned 'my way of playing', what are you talking about?

I'm gonna go catch up with CleverBot, he makes more sense. See ya!

Bleh... Not sure if I'm tired of these sort of posts or not... Personally, I think the 'deathmatching' in the game is sort of nice. If hackers were removed from the game completely, it would be lovely. Simply because there wouldn't be as much 'OP' gear running around. This would improve the aspect of PvP a lot, simply because once you die, you have a long way to go before you can start doing PvP again.

This mod is in Alpha, and things like these will be addressed after everything else is sorted out.

I have a little bit mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand I have to admit I just like the pvp. Not just for the killing but for the adrenalin rush I have when getting hunted, shot or ambushed. Dealing with these situations and with the fear they could happen anytime is what makes this game so intense for me after I reached the part were i can handle zombies easily if I dont get unconscious in one hit.

On the other hand I would like to see some more content which encourages teamwork. But I think the solutions you have would only help those people which are already organized in groups and make it harder for solo players because they still have a hard time to find someone they can trust.

And one other thing I want to mention is that it also depends on the way you play yourself. I play a semi-friendly (avoid contact with armed people, if they see me i try to get away and chat if possible and shoot back if fire is opened, help unarmed if possible) on german servers and I had some really nice friendly encounters even with armed players and even when I had decent gear. And yeah, sadly I have to mention that I`m not a "carebear" or whatsoever, I just play immersive and would not kill every frickin one in a real apocalypse.

Sorry, but you are totally mistaken. How you behave anywhere is a reflection of your personality. A videogame does not determine your maturity as a person, but it does give an indication of it. It also gives an indication of your values. I don't mean "You kill people in a game, you surely kill people in real life" that is too literal, and even kill a lot of people in games all the time. I mean your attitude. You "like to make people mad and feel them angry" That doesn't seak very good about yourself. Games and real life are not the same thing, true. But you can't say it is meaningless either.