Rayth

BattlEye not responding... again.

Has anyone found a solid fix for this? It's happening all the time... not specifically related to any particular update, or server.

I've done -everything-.

Steam game or retail? If steam, have you had it validate all files and/or start from scratch?

If when joining a server it should show in lower right hand side if either BE is updating or installed, if you are still having troubles with BE kick there are a number of things you can do, Firstly i would make sure you have no other programms running, this often happens to me if im playing a game with other processes going, Dayz is an extremely CPU intensive game and pretty much needs everything you have, so kill anything that is not needed, it should help. I dont know if you have cd or steam, but if steam make sure updates are set to automatic. Lastly and as last resort, go to your arma folder, "Arma2" and "operation Arrowhead", then look for you battleye folder in both those folders and uninstall BE in both those folders, restart comp, then try and join, if BE doesnt update automatically then go to http://www.battleye.com/download.html and replace the dll files with the ones BE provides. Hope this helps :) (need clent and server dll)

Steam game or retail? If steam, have you had it validate all files and/or start from scratch?

Steam. And I've done the following to fix the problem:

-re-validated cache integrity on both Arma II and Operation Arrowhead

-downloaded current BE client/server files from the BattlEye website

-added those same .dll files to my BattlEye folder in my AppData directory

-re-applied Beta patches

I've done every 'fix' posted on these forums, and this problem still crops up. It does not do it on all servers. I don't know why this keeps happening.

Thanks for the post, SASR, but I've done all of those things, and the problem still persists.

It showed BE updating to 1.67 I believe, and then shortly after kicked me for "BattlEye not responding".

Thanks for the post, SASR, but I've done all of those things, and the problem still persists.

It showed BE updating to 1.67 I believe, and then shortly after kicked me for "BattlEye not responding".

Have you tried restarting your modem? sometimes it can be fluctuations with the isp, also what are your comp specs, ie ram, cpu etc, lastly i forgot to mention after uninstalling BE, re enstall then restart :)

9 times out of ten its the cpu overloading and the information gets disrupted, can also be some servers are not running the right versions even though there showing as the right version. However i feel theres something bottlenecking in youur system that is disrupting the behaviours. As mentioned, happens to me alot if i have things running in background, Also make sure firewall is accepting BE

• Like 1

I'll ask my buddy when he's on next... he ragelogged after our primary server quit working on him again for this problem.

Thank you for your insight, hopefully something you've said there can be used to fix his BattlEye issue.

Just curious... you say "9 times out of 10 its the cpu overloading"... are you referencing that against problems with BattlEye? How much experience do you have with the problem I am facing, and how well versed are you in the fixes for it? You seem pretty strongly convinced it has nothing to do with the setup (which I agree with) and more to do with either his internet/computer or the server itself. It's not the server though, because I play just fine on it. My setup and his setup are exactly the same, but my comp/internet are better.

Hence the reason i asked for comp specs, this simulation (and i emphasise simulation) was originally designed for the military, it was only with public outcry that a public game version was made, it is probably the most cpu intensive game there is on the market. aslo people may thing that putting every setting on low is a good idea, it is certainly not! To get the best combination for graphics card and cpu is to have most setting on normal/medium. if im not mistaken, high settings are graphics intensive using the graphics gpu and having everything on low makes it cpu intensive, so the happy medium is midway. You may be able to play bf3 all on high setting with 60fps but only get 13-17 fps on here. So if you have background programs running it interferes with the BE process and if that process is interrupted the server plays it safe and kicks you. In my opinion it is either a few things as mentioned above, but also have a play with the graphics settings in game. Ie lower view distance to no more than about 1000m, (some people have it at 500m , but i keep mine about 1000-1300m) turn vsync off, as-well as anti-aliasing, and keep most else on normal, Also make sure your screen in settings is at 100% as this will better correspond with monitor. Also check your processes and keep an eye one your cpu usage, also windows xp is limited to about 3.5 gig of ram so if you have anything else running in background it will interfere with BE. Ill get this issue if im playing with my browser open at the same time, after i close it i have not issues. So again make sure, your firewall is accepting the game connection and BE, check CPU usage in windows task manager as well as pagefile, close all none essential programs, update BE, and set most of your graphics settings to medium. I can only guess as you have not mentioned your comp specs, so it makes it a little harder to home in on the issue.

I'll ask my buddy when he's on next... he ragelogged after our primary server quit working on him again for this problem.

Thank you for your insight, hopefully something you've said there can be used to fix his BattlEye issue.

Just curious... you say "9 times out of 10 its the cpu overloading"... are you referencing that against problems with BattlEye? How much experience do you have with the problem I am facing, and how well versed are you in the fixes for it? You seem pretty strongly convinced it has nothing to do with the setup (which I agree with) and more to do with either his internet/computer or the server itself. It's not the server though, because I play just fine on it. My setup and his setup are exactly the same, but my comp/internet are better.

Just an FYI. My home server does it to me every single time as well as long as the server side scripts.txt file is in place. I'm in direct communication with Bastian Suter from Battleye, he is producing a test BE Client for me to try (I'm guessing it'll gather information for him) to try to help fix this issue. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46792-battleye-client-not-responding/

Started happening to me today.

See if it works now. Bastian Suter pushed a new Battleye for the server side after I gave him the log files from the beta Battleye client he created for me. My issue seems to be fixed now.