Sign in to follow this  
AstroZombie

Steam Overlay Issue

Is anyone else's steam overlay and screenshot key disabled when they play DayZ since 1.5.8.x was released it was fine in 1.5.7. :( :@

Mine was solidly not working with the launcher, so what I did was create a shortcut through the launcher, add a non-steam game in Steam and point to that shortcut and then open the game from Steam.

The problem from there is that the splash screen would always load and DayZ wouldn't be loaded. So in add-ons (in Arma 2) I clicked on DayZ, put it up at the top and then restarted the game.

I still have the splash screen but I can deal with it because the mod and steam overlay are working.

Mine was solidly not working with the launcher' date=' so what I did was create a shortcut through the launcher, add a non-steam game in Steam and point to that shortcut and then open the game from Steam.

The problem from there is that the splash screen would always load and DayZ wouldn't be loaded. So in add-ons (in Arma 2) I clicked on DayZ, put it up at the top and then restarted the game.

I still have the splash screen but I can deal with it because the mod and steam overlay are working.

[/quote']

Thanks I'll give these a go tomorrow I cba playing again tonight. :)

If you're using Teamspeak 3 overlay then it will interfere and disable the steam overlay.

A what a shame I like using the overlay. :(

Here is a solution to it though:

Turn it off before you launch OA/when you close the game. When OA is done launching turn the plugin back on so both overlays work.

• Like 1

Here is a solution to it though:

Turn it off before you launch OA/when you close the game. When OA is done launching turn the plugin back on so both overlays work.

Ah thanks man +rep.