NFK

Remove kill information

Remove kill counters from the debug window.

Remove the "x was killed" messages.

Remove the swarm of flies sound from dead bodies.

If you want to confirm a kill, you'll have to exam the body yourself. Why? Because uncertainty adds tension.

Some of these options are handled by the server you are on, it is up to the admin to disable them.

I would like to see the Kill Count go though...

Edited by Moosey

Flies annoy the shit out of me. My clan is at green hill on their server and there is a mass grave there.... -.- cant hear anything when im there.

I see the point of removing the message (controlled by server admin) and perhaps the flies, but why hide the kill count? I am not sure I see why that adds/removes any tension or excitement from the game.

I see the point of removing the message (controlled by server admin) and perhaps the flies, but why hide the kill count? I am not sure I see why that adds/removes any tension or excitement from the game.

If the kill counter is displayed, and you shoot someone and it goes up by one, then you have a confirmation of the kill without having to check the body. Perhaps an alternative would be to display all of your character's kills after you die?

• Like 1

I highly doubt any of this will change, being as these are underline factors in the DayZ Gameplay.

Actually the idea of the messages is a bad bad bad idea. I want to know who is doing the killing. I want to know who the SOB is who's teleporting to players and slaughtering them. I do NOT want to be the guy last one the list to fucking know the hard way. When I see 15 plaers dropping like mad I know to GTFO but I want the killers NAME. I want the server admin to have the name. All kills should go on record and who made them.

If you want to confirm a kill, you'll have to exam the body yourself. Why? Because uncertainty adds tension.

The debug monitor will be fully removed when the game is complete, don't worry about that. I think flies should take a while to, well, start buzzing. Because it really doesn't make any sense that they are just suddenly there! Totaly removing "x was killed" is something they should, and likely will do.

NO.

I would like to see more in the detail of the death (When you go up to the body and click the investigate body i forgot what it's called). An example would be "He was an unknown man/woman (Depending on the sex of the player) he/she died of ________ (Bullet wounds, bled out due to bullets, killed by a hatchet, died of hunger/thirst) It would then go into more detail how they died.

• Like 1

I highly doubt any of this will change, being as these are underline factors in the DayZ Gameplay.

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "underline factors in the DayZ Gameplay?" I don't understand.

I think this is a great idea, I've thought about it a good bit myself. the only people who don't want it gone are the people who think it represents the size of their penis, and just kill to make that number go up. having it also tells players that it matters, which it doesn't. removing the kill counter won't stop the killing by any means, and I personally don't want to stop it, it's a major part of the mod, but it just might show players that, that's not what the mod is all about, maybe replace it with a counter that tracks your ingame survival time, I know it tells you what day you're on when you 1st log in, but that doesn't tell you how much time you've actually spent/survived in game. removing it won't punish player for killing, and people that want to kill will still be able to do it freely, but it might shift a bit of focus from getting your kill count up, to actually surviving.

• Like 2

IMO, I think the kill counters are a good idea, as are flies, but the "X" was killed is unrealistic and annoying.

Keep kill counters, keep flies but give them about a minute before their sound and effect is triggered, and get rid of kill messages?

I think this is a great idea, I've thought about it a good bit myself. the only people who don't want it gone are the people who think it represents the size of their penis, and just kill to make that number go up. having it also tells players that it matters, which it doesn't. removing the kill counter won't stop the killing by any means, and I personally don't want to stop it, it's a major part of the mod, but it just might show players that, that's not what the mod is all about, maybe replace it with a counter that tracks your ingame survival time, I know it tells you what day you're on when you 1st log in, but that doesn't tell you how much time you've actually spent/survived in game. removing it won't punish player for killing, and people that want to kill will still be able to do it freely, but it might shift a bit of focus from getting your kill count up, to actually surviving.

EXACTLY. Some people play the murder counter as a score and use it as something to brag about. I don't think a significant portion of a survivor population in the grips of a doomsday outbreak would find it most important to sit around campfires and brag about how many murder's they've comitted, as someone put it in a different topic. The small number of people who play for the purpose of increasing their murder count lower the overall human trust to levels that are just a little lower than should be expected in a zombie apocalypse.

Get rid of the on-screen murder counter. I can't imagine any diagnostic purpose to it now that players don't get bandit costumes.

...but I like the flies :-)

Edited by LogicRising