217 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Wire Fences from the game?

• Hell Yes
    • Noway

Please remove them, The only time i come across them is when raiding a militents or nwaf, Only troll and douche bags use them, I have found five sets in 1 door away to bad i shot the douche doing it, Shame on you Shame on you.

Petition to remove Wire Fences from the game.

Sandbags, Tank traps, bear traps are fine.

Wire fences need to go. They bug 95% of the time if placed in a building and u cant remove them even with a tool kit.

They glitch your graphics out even with the vsync off. Its impossible to see what your doing in most towns right now and it was bad before this patch but its worse now.

What purpose do they serve ? Its a little retarded to say the least they need to go !

its actually the dead soldier terrain characters that seem to be doing it now.... cherno, stary beri and the airfields are next to impossible to move around in

• Like 1

Please remove them, The only time i come across them is when raiding a militents or nwaf, Only troll and douche bags use them, I have found five sets in 1 doorway

I agree. I've seen 5x or more wire sets in a single door at NWAF. Its a griefing tool. It would be cool to use to setup a defensive base, but that's not what its being used for. People block the stairs to firehalls in Cherno and electro, preventing beginners from getting decent gear. They place insane amounts of layers at NWAF, etc. The wire does not zombies at all, so its basically a griefing-only tool.

Sure some people use this to make a camp or something but, it just gets abused and put up in stores just to piss people off, so I am fine if they take it out. I haven't stumbled upon a camp with wire fencing yet, but I have constantly come across a store that I have to go around or can't even get in because it's wired. So I say yes, they should take it out.

I like them because they make the game challenging, and I like to overcome challenges myself not cry for them to be removed.

Love not being able to loot cherno because some dude sees wire fencing and decides to claim the whole damn city for himself.

Take them out. Would be more realistic if you replaced it with "wood wall". Realistically, constantine wire takes more than 2 people to set up efficiently...I'm in the military I would know.

Remove it until its fixed. Right now its glitching people out, you cant see nothing around the area where its placed sometimes up to 500meters away from it. For example there was some placed across the front door of the north most shopping mall in berezino, yet you couldnt see anything around the hospital or anywhere near there the whole screen was glitched.

Its so bad at the minute its game breaking .

If you want to play base building like its Sim Camp and play happy survivors with it all day long thats fine. Aslong as it works and doesnt glitch everyone out.

Edited by Okano

the graphic glitching isnt the wire, (i know its hard but could people actually read some peoples posts).

but yes it does become a problem in some servers.

making tool boxes spawn more then they currently do and making the trigger area on the wire bigger would clean up the issue.( some wire become impossible to de-construct )

I've only come across a coouple of tool boxes in my time in dayz and in most cases its when i dont need one. :(

I voted "hell yes" but with a disclaimer*.

* They do not need to be removed permanently, that's stupid. In concept they serve a wonderful purpose, just currently in the alpha when put into practice they only mess shit up. They need to be fixed, not removed. If one of the construction pieces were to be removed, I'd vote tank traps. They have their share of bugs, and are damn near impossible to remove sometimes. I've also had a couple flat out cripple me when trying to maneuver around them.

Never understood the point of it in the first place, its only use is griefing.

When the suns just coming up or going down it turns into "I'm going to be sick city", get rid of the fekin things!!

Lets have webbing instead, like the thing in the middle of the 4 tents in Berezino now that would be nice.

FFS they aren't glitching it's the dead bodies.

Getting so bored of people not using their brains and doing proper research on things.

What purpose do they serve ? Its a little retarded to say the least they need to go !

Edited by Edwards4ID

I don't see enough people misusing them to be honest. They are rarely left there for the sole purpose of blocking future passers from getting their loot. Not abusable to warrant a removal.

It adds to targetted loot hunts which I enjoy. And constructive fortifications are always fun for me. I only wish they were easier to deconstruct. Maybe have some new pliers to seek out.