eel

DayZ player survey | Final results!|868 participants!

Yeah the amount of time played is wierdly asked because I mesure mine in days. I log in an see chernarus island day 9... so yeah.

Anyway good idea and bumping.

What I meant was total time you spent playing DayZ. Once again I apologise' date=' I'm not a native speaker and my English sometimes fails me. How would you phrase it?

[/quote']

You would just say "How many hours have you played DayZ?"

When asking somebody about a number of things they have or a number of hours that they spent doing something, you ask "how many" instead of "what is."

Sorry for the English lesson. I'm a professional technical writer for a software company so it's in my blood. The way you asked the question is fine. Everybody knows what you are asking. I'm just crazy. ;)

PS: +Rep! I can't wait to see the results, even if the devs don't care about it.

Thanks! English lesson appreciated :) I just hope not to make such a rookie mistake again.

I chose bugs because they sometimes prevent me from completing a plan i.e. I had intended to stay near the airfield for loot purposes, surviving off local towns. However, now and then the game spawns you out in the sea, or on the beach, meaning you're miles away from your base and may even lose some nice equipment in the ocean as you swim back to shore. Also bugs with tents and bags eating items of not saving properly have taken away from my lone-wolf wilderness survival method of play. It would be nice to have the base mechanics tightened up before new gameplay elements are added, as I tend not to log in too much now after wasting a lot of legwork.

The concept itself is amazing though, and I think this discovery is really important.

That's an interesting percentage:

Have you played ARMA II before playing DayZ?

53% yes and 47% no.

The mod has brought in a lot of new players :)

so looking over the results 47% have never played Arma 2 which was 215 people, and 57% of them consider themselves experienced at DayZ that's 258 people. So 43 people just installed and know everything there is to know.... or i just drank to much and posting out my ass which is about 67%

Done.

Great idea and great survey eel.

Maybe I'm dating myself, but I couldn't help wondering how old you are, based on the age options. If I had made a survey myself, I'd probably lump everybody below 18 into one category, because I'd think of all of them as, you know: The kids. The same way as your survey categorizes the +21 year olds as, you know: The senior people. ;)