eel

DayZ player survey | Final results!|868 participants!

Final results! Over 800 participants!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewanalytics?formkey=dDBoc1pMTElvaXRBVWtYMDBpR2RaVEE6MQ#gid=0

Detailed spreadsheets in .pdf, xls, and .ods can be downloaded from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?s4x4ux9igbsr3

or viewed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkN9h-t6LhnjdDBoc1pMTElvaXRBVWtYMDBpR2RaVEE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

If you didn't get to participate in this survey, you'll have another chance next month!

I think it'd be nice to learn more about the community around DayZ and what's a better way to learn about each other than an Internet survey? There's also a slight chance (very slight) that some of this data will be useful to rocket and actually influence the development of the mod. So it's not all wasted time.

I'll publish the findings in the next few days.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDBoc1pMTElvaXRBVWtYMDBpR2RaVEE6MQ

P.S. I know that this thread hardly sparks a heated discussion but please leave a post after taking the survey so that it stays afloat for others to see.

Done, nice survey.

I'd be interested to see the answer to this question too:

What is it that you dislike most about DayZ? *

Done' date=' nice survey.

I'd be interested to see the answer to this question too:

What is it that you dislike most about DayZ? *

[/quote']

Thanks! Feel free to point out any grammar mistakes that I might've made. English is not my native tongue.

yeah some of the answers were extremely limited, i.e. age and life span. I dont know how much faith i'll put into the results from this one, but i'll be glad to see the results of a more flushed out version.

103 hours since May 12th, so I guess that qualifies as 100+ hours? "How many hours did you play." Sounds weird. Are you asking for total hours, or how many hours did I play last week, month, etc?

103 hours since May 12th' date=' so I guess that qualifies as 100+ hours? "How many hours did you play." Sounds weird. Are you asking for total hours, or how many hours did I play last week, month, etc?

[/quote']

What I meant was total time you spent playing DayZ. Once again I apologise, I'm not a native speaker and my English sometimes fails me. How would you phrase it?

P.S. We're at 100 responses!

Done.

It would have been nice to be able to prioritise what I want most to be improved.

103 hours since May 12th' date=' so I guess that qualifies as 100+ hours? "How many hours did you play." Sounds weird. Are you asking for total hours, or how many hours did I play last week, month, etc?

[/quote']

What I meant was total time you spent playing DayZ. Once again I apologise, I'm not a native speaker and my English sometimes fails me. How would you phrase it?

P.S. We're at 100 responses!

"How many hours have you played?"

Asking how many hours did you play would suggest a specific time so it can be confusing. I think even the suggestion I just made might be slightly confusing. You could try if you wanted to be completely clear:

What is your aggregated play time?

I just realised that I just contradicted myself but many rules in English are contradictory. :p

:)

Done! But one of the questions should've been: "Are the zombies to fast?" No, but seriously, I really enjoy playing DayZ!

What I meant was total time you spent playing DayZ. Once again I apologise' date=' I'm not a native speaker and my English sometimes fails me. How would you phrase it?

[/quote']

You would just say "How many hours have you played DayZ?"

When asking somebody about a number of things they have or a number of hours that they spent doing something, you ask "how many" instead of "what is."

Sorry for the English lesson. I'm a professional technical writer for a software company so it's in my blood. The way you asked the question is fine. Everybody knows what you are asking. I'm just crazy. ;)

PS: +Rep! I can't wait to see the results, even if the devs don't care about it.

I feel like the answers to the questions could have been done better but I'll do the survey anyways.

Great idea, felt like there should have been a "nothing" option under what you dislike most about Day Z :P +1