Sign in to follow this  
3NiTY

vehicles

i play together with my brother and we try very hard to find a vehicle to travel around chernarus faster.

i have 2 questions to the communtiy:

1. Where are the best places to look for vehicles?

2. can i take a vehicle with me to another server? if i save it it is only saved on one server right? but what if i logged out within the car? is it coming with me?

thx 4 ur help

1. server admin already looked for all the vehicles... if you have luck you can find some... or search for it.

2. no, vehicles are server side, you can't 'travel'. same with tents.

Edited by DooM4MR

1. Vehicles are so random. its rediculous. this I have learned so far about vehicles.

a. If by chance you find one in the DayZ announced locations.. http://dayzdb.com/map More than likely it will be very rare and need to be repaired. Were talking a 10 percent chance it might actually still be there.

b. When vehicles are driven by someone the position is saved on the server the second someone exits the vehicle. - This means, you could find vehicles stored in garages, dense forest areas, around lakes or any other hidden location.

c. If you have the unfortunate event of having a vehilce explode when your driving it and you are able to get out alive. Wait at that same location for a server restart. - You could stumble across a vehicle someone abandoned due to it exploding and them not knowing the previous, so look in the inner cities around road trash and such that might blow up a car.

d. If the server should shut down when you are driving it.. IT SUCKS MOST> When you spawn back in you will need to retrace your steps and run back to hopefully where you got in the vehicle.

NOTE: VEHICLE SAVING - In my experiences vehicle saving is ONLY to save the contents of whats inside. Dont make the mistake of finding a vehicle taking out the crap inside and saving it thinking its now yours in that same spot. Becuase you just deleted your ability to get the weapons that were saved in the vehicle back..... think about it. ;)

2. NO you can not take a vehicle to another server. they are server sided ONLY.

Good luck.. and have fun.

• Like 2