Sign in to follow this  
jerzyguy29

Zombies? or FPS?

all you people do is hunt other players? it gets old quick. go play cod if thats what your lookin for. 3 times today, 1st time as soon as I spawned by three valleys, 2nd time i had spawned at electro and said screw it I'm here might as well get my supplies, server lags and disconnects me at the grocery store back by the power plant. I spawn back in and check my map to see where to go next, while in the map 2 shots im dead I had lots of stuff that time, 3rd time spawn near kamenka go up past pavlovo, I see a cow go shoot it. right after I gut it some dude named Kaleb shoots me from 170 somethin meters away. so he was either following me or is campin there waitin for noobs to come runnin up through the fields. Some of you are a complete joke, I would and will never shoot someone just for kicks. If anyone needs someone to run with that can be trusted let me know

DayZ was originally supposed to be a massive survival fest without the zombies from what I hear, with the aim of surviving and killing other players being the main aim. This being said, killing other players is still part of surviving in a zombie apocalypse. It's part of the game, either learn to kill them first or learn to sneak. I myself choose to sneak and avoid others, but it's up to you and how you want to survive.

all you people do is hunt other players? it gets old quick. go play cod if thats what your lookin for. 3 times today, 1st time as soon as I spawned by three valleys, 2nd time i had spawned at electro and said screw it I'm here might as well get my supplies, server lags and disconnects me at the grocery store back by the power plant. I spawn back in and check my map to see where to go next, while in the map 2 shots im dead I had lots of stuff that time, 3rd time spawn near kamenka go up past pavlovo, I see a cow go shoot it. right after I gut it some dude named Kaleb shoots me from 170 somethin meters away. so he was either following me or is campin there waitin for noobs to come runnin up through the fields. Some of you are a complete joke, I would and will never shoot someone just for kicks. If anyone needs someone to run with that can be trusted let me know

That's exactly what I think, people coming from first person shooters and still thinking its an arcade shooty game. I feel your pain but you must of had really bad luck those times.

That's exactly what I think, people coming from first person shooters and still thinking its an arcade shooty game. I feel your pain but you must of had really bad luck those times.

I'm guessing it was a combo of bad luck and being a noob "I shouldn't have went out in the open field" but I wanted the meat to replenish my blood. And the previous 2 times I was killed was just people being douches.

Thanks for understanding what i meant by my post, I know I'll have to deal with bandits but I didn't think everyone was out to get me lol

I agree, it gets old quick. I don't play that much compared to the amount of time i was putting into the game a few weeks ago.

I know the ultimate objective of the game is to stay alive, but honestly, staying alive lately means to kill everyone and everything, so i really thing we need something more to do.

This is currently a Trolls dream of a game and I honestly can't think of any other game that would satisfy Trolls more, and that's mainly because of all the Rage and Frustration you can inflict on your fellow Survivors from the games perma-death feature, and the amount of time players need to invest into this game to get some decent kit. The more the game mechanics stay the same (No consequences for wonton Murder) the more and more Trolls will take over the game. <_<

I myself am quickly becoming a Troll/Psychotic Murderer/Bandit after promising myself that I wouldn't kill anyone unless absolutely necessary (self defense), but I have been playing this game for 2 weeks now and have only come across one other survivor that was Friendly and didn't shoot me on sight, so now I Kill on Sight anyone I come face to face with (if they have a weapon) because I'm sick & tired of constantly being murdered, and also when you have all the gear that you need to survive there isn't much else to do in this game apart from Big Game Hunting other Survivors. :huh:

So yeah.... this game is currently a "Hunger Games/Battle Royale" with Zombies thrown into the mix lol. :lol:

But meh.... I'm still loving this Buggy TrollZ game. :P

1. problems is, that zombies are not a big threat at the moment. people do not have to think about their actions (noise, zombies around etc.)

2. but sometimes it is easier to shoot a guy for some food or equipment

3. you should watch your environment more carefully

4. perhabs you should try to find your equipment in the north (less players).

DayZ has shifted all the way to mostly KOS right now. The game is VERY young, this is a whole new genre, and I don't mean zombies.

No one has done a persistent FPS that I know of. Maybe Planetside, I haven't played it.

Anyways don't let it get you down. Rocket himself has only killed one player and I know that he wants more survival/team play. Think of it like this: it can't get anymore dickish, violent, or unfair than it is right now. Once hacking/alt-f4/hive stuff is fixed up more they will start adding content.

I have a feeling this it going to be a different game in 3 or 6 months. Much more refined (even if it is still a mod) and geared away from KOS, although that will ALWAYS be the MAIN MODE of this game. It's hardcore PvP. The zombies are just part of the environment.

1. problems is, that zombies are not a big threat at the moment. people do not have to think about their actions (noise, zombies around etc.)

Thanks for the advice

Strongly strongly agree on number four, 90% of times heading into cherno or elektro I would end up dead, heading inland is defintely way to go but very hard to stay alive because lack of hospitals. Cook some meat and you shall be fine ;)

Well know that tons of zombies seem to spawn when shooting a loud weapon, I find myself fighting of a constant hoard of zombies when shooting my Kobra. It's to make up for having so little zombies in game, and I'f rather just have a bunch at once so I can plan my attack and know where the zombies are. I understand the zombie limit at a time has to be what it is, but I can't wait for Arma III's DayZ!

Edit:

You could also join a server with little to no players if you really need some supplies and can't play a shooter. Everything that happens in DayZ I'm able to live with...

Edited by CerebralZombie

I'm pretty sure that cow you shot made a post on the forums saying the same thing about you.

I'm pretty sure that cow you shot made a post on the forums saying the same thing about you.

Now That's FUNNY LMAO

I know I'll have to deal with bandits but I didn't think everyone was out to get me lol

Same here. It always seems like people wait until I get estabilshed with some good gear/guns and then kill me on sight.

Strongly strongly agree on number four, 90% of times heading into cherno or elektro I would end up dead, heading inland is defintely way to go but very hard to stay alive because lack of hospitals. Cook some meat and you shall be fine ;)

On a new spawn, the hospitals are the first place I hit up (because they are so horrifically dangerous, and new spawns have nothing to lose)