EpicPencil

Is everyone in DayZ like this?

Today is my second day of DayZ. So far I have mixed feelings about it. Anyways, today i was in Cherno, trying to get some supplies, but i fell and broke my leg. I stopped the bleeding and everything and started to crawl towards some gun fire I heard, hoping someone would show a little kindness to someone with literally no weapons, a few items and a broken left leg. I found the shots coming from a small warehouse. A man was inside firing an M1911. I typed in to chat "Whoever's in there, can you help me because I have a broken leg.". The mystery shooter came outside, took one look at me, and shot me. I don't understand. I posed absolutely zero threat to him, had little to no supplies on me, and yet he still murdered me, in cold blood. If I was in his position, I would help the person out. Is everyone in the game like this? I certainly hope not, seeing as how I'd like this game to be fun, not full of assholes, like cod players. I've heard these players are called "bandits". But everyone I've came across in my journey has been a complete douche or has ignored me.

It seems that in this game if you yell "S.O.S." it means shoot on sight.

Please save the realism argument for something else, as it doesn't apply here. Zombies aren't real and this is a game. Also, we respawn in this game. I can go on, but I think you get the point, or at least I hope you do.

I would have Rocket try some things, rather than ignoring a huge problem. This is alpha after all. I am not insinuating that bandit skins was the best deterrent, as it wasn't. I was simply stating that bandit skins actually had an effect on how people viewed others and in some cases actually did deter people from that play style.

My idea still stands as untested, but reasonable in my opinion. Whiskey bottles everywhere, right? Ever see one that had whiskey in it? No, I know I haven't. I would suggest adding whiskey to the game. It also allows you to create molotov cocktails. It can get your drunk if you consume it for giggles. It can also be used for banditry. Add a mechanic that gives players the shakes after more than three murders. For reference, I've killed two people in six weeks. So the self defense excuse doesn't really work. Three murders in a 24 hour period should be enough, and if you don't kill someone in 24 hours, your count is reduced. Upon three murders, you get the shakes of guilt. You need to dip into the whiskey bottle to calm your nerves and refocus. It does nothing to stop senseless killing. All it does it requires something for that play style. Instead of just needing food and drink, you also need alcohol to be effective. Is that not a reasonable compromise? The only advantage survivors have is not needing to carry around whiskey, unless used as a grenade. It also gives survivors the decision to actually carry it around. Wouldn't it be ironic if a murderer didn't have any, killed the survivor and looted the whiskey to get back to a normal status? Again, it won't stop murders. It won't stop opportunistic bandits. However, it should reduce the most malicious types of murders out there, who do it for fun and to ruin the game experience of others. You know, the people who run into the nearest town, find a weapon, and kill everyone they can. Or, the people who go north, gear up to the teeth, then come back down and prey on newly spawned players on the beach.

Ultimately, there are a lot of ways you can go. But not testing anything in an alpha test doesn't seem like the right course of action. If it doesn't work, then revert, Right?

"shakes of guilt?" the whole point of a sandbox game is that people can do what they want and not be restricted by shitty gimmicks like that.

I used to not shoot people on site, but then I got shot one to many times, my squad is all the friendlies I need and if we see someone, we shoot. But we are inland 98% of the time so most of the players we see are armed and are a real threat. If I was in the situation of the guy who killed you, I might of given you some beans, but to use a morphine when going back to recover another one for ourselves, would be risky, with all the snipers in Chernogorsk.

So good luck for next time but I won't be giving you my morphine.

Trust no one, stay out of Cherno/Elektro if u dont want to pvp, hear gunfire go the otherway, play with real life friends,

only real advise I can give you, hope you stick with it though it really is an amazing MoD once u get the basics down...

Today is my second day of DayZ. So far I have mixed feelings about it. Anyways, today i was in Cherno, trying to get some supplies, but i fell and broke my leg. I stopped the bleeding and everything and started to crawl towards some gun fire I heard, hoping someone would show a little kindness to someone with literally no weapons, a few items and a broken left leg. I found the shots coming from a small warehouse. A man was inside firing an M1911. I typed in to chat "Whoever's in there, can you help me because I have a broken leg.". The mystery shooter came outside, took one look at me, and shot me. I don't understand. I posed absolutely zero threat to him, had little to no supplies on me, and yet he still murdered me, in cold blood. If I was in his position, I would help the person out. Is everyone in the game like this? I certainly hope not, seeing as how I'd like this game to be fun, not full of assholes, like cod players. I've heard these players are called "bandits". But everyone I've came across in my journey has been a complete douche or has ignored me.

This isn't how I play. I'd have helped you, but I think I'm a dying breed...

and this has nothing to do with not trusting or self protection. If you want to not trust a person lying there with a broken leg, that's fine. Don't trust him and move along. But to KOS is simply douche tactics.

Edited by Charon2112

I am sick of hearing the " nature of the game" and "people don't trust others easily" arguments.

people are just dicks. Simple as that. He could clearly see OP had no weapon, broken legs if he looked for blood. His idea of help was "Here you go! DEATH" All for his shiny killer counter to go up. oooooooooh!

fucking human scumbags. Alex Mercer was right.

edit: also rocket is a bandit, so of course that is the way his game is heading ;p

Edited by internetTAB

I hate the sort of advice people give. "Don't trust anyone, never let another player get too close, if anyone approaches you assume they're a threat and shoot them before they have a chance to shoot you." If everyone followed that ridiculous advice, we'd see a worse culture than we have right now. Nobody would interact with anyone else except over Teamspeak or iron sights. Being a dickhole because you're afraid all the time is the functional equivalent of being a dickhole because you're angry all the time. You're still a dickhole, and you're still shooting people for no good reason. The quivering, pants-drenching terror you feel when you think you might lose your AKM that you had to search two different fire stations to find is no more valid a rationalization for murdering a survivor than "teh lulz" is. It's just that the griefers are laid back and you're uptight.

And it's always the carebears who talk the most trash. When they have the upper hand, they say things like, "I'll spare your life," "You will not be allowed to live," "You brought this upon yourself," or my favorite, "I don't want to fight you, but if you make me defend myself, I'll crush you," like they're some kind of godlike entity dispensing justice and resolving fights with the power of their mind, but when they lose, it's all, "These dirtbag griefers don't have anything better to do than ruin my fun!" "Everyone on every server in every timezone woke up this morning with a plan to make me angry!" "This game needs to be fundamentally altered so that I am protected and/or win fights!"

The fact of the matter is that the guy who killed you, most of the time, was scared shitless and trying not to get ganked, because the threads you start and post in on the forum have him convinced that everyone is a monster, and he can only survive if he matches their wanton ferocity. I can't tell you how many times I've bumped into a guy and been immediately hit in the face with a crowbar, but when I say, "Yo, Doctor Freeman, chill right the hell out!" instead of unloading my .45 into him, I wind up getting a transfusion and a friend. If I had killed him, he might well have jumped on here to tell the story of the big mean griefer who camps the Cherno supermarket killing newbs who only have a crowbar to defend themselves, and even though they did their best to fight him off, he overpowered them with his total lack of scruples.

Yeah, sometimes a cackling maniac chops me to death before I find my first tin of beans, and sometimes I die before I hear the rifle's report, and that one time I got run over on the road to Kamenka, but I see a lot more when I take the high road.

• Like 1

I choose to play nice today went around cherno asking if people needed a gun, food, medical and to my surprise I gave a guy an AKM and 1 clip and he didn't shoot me. So there are still some nice players just hard to find