Fefe (DayZ)

Name your good deed of the day.

Today on this sunday just five minutes ago, I was sprinting around looking for a gun of any kind cause I'm a new player and dont really know where to go for what. I found a chicken and tried to continueously hit it with my axe to no avail but it led me to a large building warehouse-like place where I went inside and found a player crawling and saying help help. Apparently he was crippled and asked if I could help. Fortunately I came across a grocery store-like place where I took Morphine (Not blood bags since I couldn't use them on myself from what I tried.) And gave him what he needed to save him. He thanked me and I went offline since I was about to eat anywho.

So. Whats your good deed of the day?

• Like 3

Today I died with an M14, a 1911 and an Alice Pack full of stuff - except for the bandage that would have saved me from bleeding to death after fighting (and eventually killing) 3 Zs

So with my last breath I ran down to the beach in hope someone could make good use of my stuff.

I guess that counts.

• Like 1

Don't have any good deeds. Unless you count popping a cap in some dying man's ass a good deed.

Did you do it to save someone else?

Balota airfield I caught a player trying to crawl into the hanger I was in with nothing but a flashlight on him and a hopeful smile. I let him by so he could get the AKM that I had no interest in. He thanked me and we parted ways, one of the few peaceful encounters I have had in this game.

• Like 2

The guy had absolutely nothing. I first shot him in the leg, then bandaged him, then teabagged him, then hit him with an axe in the leg, then bandaged him then gave him a blood transfusion. Rinse and repeat for about five times, then I killed. (I had gotten a load of blood bags from an earlier raid of the hospital.

• Like 2

helped some new player gave him a pistol and a bit of food and water to get him started, I talked to him for about 20-30 minutes before even mentioning I was giving him a gun or any help what so ever, and he killed me right away.... u cant even help noobs in this fuking game anymore cause they just end up killing you.

I saved 11 lives today and am in the process of helping 3 more.

Edit: Make that 17!

Edited by Askar
  • Like 1

Helped out a new player to get started, showed some loot spots to her and helped her gear up.

Sadly I failed at protecting her, we were overrun and she was eaten by zeds.

...@Strikers: sad to hear that, but sadly you can't assume a new character being a noob, even if he says so.

In my experience one has to die only two or three times until one gets the idea of the game and how to get starter equipment.

So equipping new players is not really needed (and in fact dangerous, as you may confirm).

This game will be played by sportsmen and *insert insulting name for misbehaving players with fun in ruining other players' day* nevertheless, the idea is to have fun with the sportsmen and ignore the other guys.

Eventually most snipers will go back to games where sniping is rewarded more.

It tends to be better on veteran servers with no crosshair, as all the silly FPS-killing spree-"kids" (of every age) don't have that much fun in not so easy shooting.

BTT: My good deed for today was taking a trip to Cherno to loot some things a friend was in need and too far away to do it himself. Not very heroic but at least only some Zeds got hurt.

Edited by @ndreas
  • Like 1

I had the drop on a guy in the Elektro market today. He seemed pretty decently geared, and he walked right in front of me, bent over and started looting, back to me. I only had a hatchet, but I opened voice comms, told him not to move from that gear menu, that I was going to disengage. I wished him luck and I moved on.

• Like 2

Can you tell me where this tent is? I'm on call at the moment and I have 7 broken bones to fix and only 2 morphine left :|

While looting the NW Airfield I came across a guy bleeding out on the rooftop of the firehouse. He was low on blood so I offered to fix him up. Once restored to full health he offered me somthing in return I declined and told him to just return the favor by helping someone out. As I climbed back into my truck I offered him a ride before he could answer a sniper took him out, so I punched the gas and got out of dodge. I was glad to have helped... just wish he would have lived a little longer though.

• Like 2

not sure i'm authorized for that. it was set up by dr carebear so if you can get ahold of him he can tell you the loation. i can try to make a hospital run for you presently if you'd like.

While looting the NW Airfield I came across a guy bleeding out on the rooftop of the firehouse. He was low on blood so I offered to fix him up. Once restored to full health he offered me somthing in return I declined and told him to just return the favor by helping someone out. As I climbed back into my truck I offered him a ride before he could answer a sniper took him out, so I punched the gas and got out of dodge. I was glad to have helped... just wish he would have lived a little longer though.

Ouch. Seems a bit scary to know that anyone right next to you that you're working with can be dead next second. Or worse, you be dead next second.

I had recently found a decent stockpile of Lee Enfield ammo around this area with a barn and warehouse. I could see and hear two people rushing into a house in the distance with a bunch of zombies after them. I had a decent view into the main door of the house they ducked into, so I picked off zombies for them. This is when I noticed that the zombie spawn rate must have been jacked up significantly, because they just kept coming. So I decided to rush out and aggro a good deal of the zombies before I headed back to the barn(without giving the two into the house clear view of me, just in case), using up a good deal of ammo to kill them and add more zombie kills to my personal "score". The zombies finally stopped after that; they weren't showing up near my barn or the house where the two people were, and I never saw a "was killed" message, so they got out of it, at least. Might not have been the best solution or way to help, but the horde stopped and the two lived, so that's something.

Never got into contact with them because I had to leave shortly after the standoff with the zombies. Hopefully it helped them out a bit in their travels.

Edited by Nesstrodamus
  • Like 2

Ran across the map from zeleno to berezino to help my friend who had 500 blood and broken legs, as a reward for my deed i found a bike and got to ride that shizz all the way through the NW airfield and got snipers to waste ammo on me. BTW the bike is OP, just sayin its pretty awesome

• Like 1

My buddy and I relieved a survivor of his M107 and the various gear that his 3 buddies had near the constuction building west of cherno, does that count? We're being nice and reliving all that weight off their shoulders.

• Like 1

What was his name TandemChaos? I healed a man at that position with that equipment earlier today.

He also had 3 buddies. :o

Edited by Askar

Oh, probably wasn't him then. The guy I healed didn't have a ghillie. I was going to be saddened if I had spent half an hour relocating just to heal a few guys in Cherno and one of them was already dead!