[PSA: Server Admins] How to Optimize your DayZ Server for MAXIMUM Performance.

Can someone provide some help with the network settings.... or direct me to a more accurate tutorial please.

The OP has 19200 kbps (not sure why he uses KB(its) as which would be 19200000 not 192000000 bps.

Where do the extra zeros come in to play?  unicorn tears?  

changing these values in my basic.cfg

MinBandwidth=192000000;
MaxBandwidth=1073741824;

MaxMsgSend=92;

MaxSizeGuranteed=128;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;

MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999997;

MinErrorToSend=0.0019999994;

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

class sockets{maxPacketSize=2048;};

some of my friends cannot join the server at all and stuck on waiting for host. but other people are joining fine like 60 people is always in the server but for some reason my friends and some regular players cant get in. any ideas why?

when i set the values back to default in basic.cfg they can get in fine with no problems

changing these values in my basic.cfg

some of my friends cannot join the server at all and stuck on waiting for host. but other people are joining fine like 60 people is always in the server but for some reason my friends and some regular players cant get in. any ideas why?

when i set the values back to default in basic.cfg they can get in fine with no problems

class sockets{maxPacketSize=2048;};

Get rid of this line (remove). It is doing no good and just causing data packet fragmentation for your clients.

where do I put this code in

start /wait /REALTIME Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -mod=EXPANSION\beta;EXPANSION\beta\Expansion;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz;@hive -name=cfgdayz -config=cfgdayz\server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg -profiles=cfgdayz -world=Chernarus -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=1 -maxmem=2047 -noCB

???

In your server restarter batch file. The file you use to start your server. Most mods include a sample one usually in root of arma2oa folder or -cfg folder.

I see restarted.exe and becloop.cmd

how can I add it into the exe? or the cmd?

Edit those files with your text editor.

this is what i put in loop

:END

cd start /wait /REALTIME C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\BEC

bec.exe -f config.cfg -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=1 -maxmem=2047 -noCB

taskkill /IM Bec.exe /F

GOTO END

it didnt work

this is whats in the restater config

[Global]

[dayz_1_chernarus]

name=Reality

profiles=dayz_1.chernarus

config=dayz_1.chernarus\config_4ff0b8e8.cfg

mod=@dayz;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;Expansion\beta\expansion\addons;@reality_1.chernarus

world=chernarus

port=2302

-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=1 -maxmem=2047 -noCB

still shows up as

post-167094-0-02074800-1385177276_thumb.

Edited by piffkush

This didnt work at all, our servers got 1-3 min loading times when we had 2-5 sec from the start.

this thread is misleading, and the OP is a failure giving out false information like this.

max packet size should NOT be over 1400 because thats the max it can send...

This didnt work at all, our servers got 1-3 min loading times when we had 2-5 sec from the start.

dudes info is all wrong, thread really should be deleted to much mis information

Hi,

Bohemia's site says that -noCB "Turns off multicore use. It slows down rendering but may resolve visual glitches"  Every example I see on all forums posted has -noCB enabled.  So these days, why would I want to disable multicore use?  And they state that it "may" resolve visual glitches - not that it will.  Since this goes back to the early days of Arma2, does this still hold true?  And isn't rendering done by the client anyway?  So what would be the rationale for -noCB be on a server?

I'm trying to tune our server and find so many variations and opinions as to how to determine the proper values for the various parameters that I'm not sure what's true.  Like how to calculate  what maxbandwidh should be based on mas users and available bandwidth to the server and should min and max ever be set to the same value?  Should MaxCustomFileSize be set to zero even if we push a lit of things client-side when a player logs in?   What should the relationship between MaxSizeGuaranteed and Nonguaranteed be?  I generally see that nonguaranteed should be about half of guaranteed.  But what should the base level be set to? Ands that based on any particular system resource?  I also see various opinions on MaxMsgSend.... as to how low it should be (but not too low).  But this is based on what?

We're running on a hosted VM so can I use the /REALTIME switch to boost the ARMA2 process priority?   

Knowing that DB I/O is always the bottleneck, can we run the database on a separate core in its own memory space?  If so, can we do that by setting the core affinity?  And isn't that a better way to ensure ARMA2 and he system aren't competing for cores anyway?  Or does that require a totally separate server? 

Thanks,

Bob