Sign in to follow this  
Deltaforce (DayZ)

Is there a way to play this game without paying?

So, this mod is free, and it looks great really, but having to pay for 2 games so I can play a FREE mod is pretty stupid. No way to play without paying for it? Something like instaling Arma2 free and downloading some files or something?.

I looked for an answer to my problem before doing this post but it´s look like is imposible.

May god have mercy on your soul...

If the only reason you are thinking of purchasing ArmA II is for the mod, don't bother. This mod is for people who bought the game liked it and now he's giving us amazing free content. Please just go pick up a real hard book and smack yourself over the head with it.

If the only reason you are thinking of purchasing ArmA II is for the mod' date=' don't bother. This mod is for people who bought the game liked it and now he's giving us amazing free content. Please just go pick up a real hard book and smack yourself over the head with it.

[/quote']

That's the thing, I have no reasons to buy arma II, but I have been looking for a good Massive multiplayer zombie game. "Thanks" for the help.

There should be a way.... you know?

http://islandsouthfl.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/pirate-ship.gif

I have no reasons to buy arma II

But you do. Arma2 is still 99% och DayZ. It's not like rocket just threw in the Arma2 dependency to be an ass. This mod wouldn't be possible without Arma2.¨

EDIT: saw your link now. Still, doesn't change anything. DayZ depends on the server browsing supplied by Arma2. And come on. Operation Arrowead is €15 on steam. You can probably find it cheaper. Combine that with Arma2Free and you can play. Don't know if it will be possible to use Arma2Free forever though.

If the only reason you are thinking of purchasing ArmA II is for the mod' date=' don't bother. This mod is for people who bought the game liked it and now he's giving us amazing free content. Please just go pick up a real hard book and smack yourself over the head with it.

[/quote']

That's the thing, I have no reasons to buy arma II, but I have been looking for a good Massive multiplayer zombie game. "Thanks" for the help.

There should be a way.... you know?

You really don't get it do you? Think of it this way, that $15 is how much you are paying Rocket for his fucking genius of a mind. This guy has made what we all wanted and what we all have been googling for through the past years, but if your too cheap to spend a measly $15 for a really good realistic shooter that I have spent countless hours in before DayZ went into alpha then you sir are a cheapskate. And IHateCheapSkates.

yeah, I know, this mod uses the weapoins, the map, the characters and everything from arma, but I'm pretty sure I can download that stuff. After all we are on the Internet.

I don't wanna pay 15$ to buy another FPS, and Rocket wont get my money anyway from buying the game so what's the point?

Is not about the price, at all. But more like "why should I give my money to a company that has done nothing to me?" Rocket is working for them right now, and what he gets? Nothing, thats really sad. If I could I would just give those 15 to him.

Edit: "DayZ depends on the server browsing supplied by Arma2." well, now looks like it's okay to pay for it nvm

Tbh the way im seeing this is ur not prepared to spend the money dispite what people are telling you. Rocket isnt getting the money your right but in theory rocket has done something for arma 2 and thousands of people that bohemia have noticed therefore rocket's work is paying off your simply buying the game (which is amazing without dayz anyway) to play a mod that as you can see is loved by many and is the most popular mod on arma 2 my advice...

Spend the money, get the game, enjoy youself

i bought OA purely for this mod... well worth every penny!

if you get the *ahem* ARMA that you don't have to pay for, the multiplayer will not work, period

so if you want to play DayZ, then you'll have to pay for ARMA, no other option

What @blockhead said. I bought ArmA II *just* for this game, in the hopes that the original ArmA II team will notice - and provide some kind of additional patches or support for the game, specifically in the direction of DayZ.

Yes, I would have liked some of that money to go to the DayZ developers - but you also mustn't forget the amount of work and effort that went into just developing the game engine (3D rendering, networking, AI, scripting, etc...).

What the DayZ team should do, IMHO, is setup a donation page.

I don't wanna pay 15$ to buy another FPS' date=' and Rocket wont get my money anyway from buying the game so what's the point?

[/quote']

Given he is working for Bohemia that is not exactly true:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/16/an-interview-with-rocket-creator-of-day-z/

So' date=' this mod is free, and it looks great really, but having to pay for 2 games so I can play a FREE mod is pretty stupid. No way to play without paying for it? Something like instaling Arma2 free and downloading some files or something?.

[/quote']

Let me ask you this.. Did you buy your computer? Do you pay for your Internet connection? Why do pay for these? I'll make an assumption that you bought a computer and subscribed to a ISP to be able to play games and surf around on the net, right? In other words, paying for these resources enables you to do things on the Internet for FREE. Yet, this is not possible without having first purchased the resources..

What makes you think it is any different with ARMA 2 and DayZ? You purchase the resources (ARMA 2: CO) that enable you to play (DayZ) for FREE. Think about the alternatives.. Would you rather pay 15$ once "for another FPS" or endure monthly payments or even the new trend of play-for-free illusion which includes all sorts of micro-payments that eventually build up to a hefty sum..

This topic is like one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard! I literally bought the game because of this mod! I would have been happy playing original OFP for the modern warfare part, but this mod just was a must!

Deltaforce you said that ARMA 2 team havent done ANYTHING for you so you dont wanna pay?!?!? Seriously they MADE THE GAME. For doing DayZ of course needed lots of work but still he did not make the game!

I'll remind everyone that asking for and/or supplying links or other information concerning illegal software (i.e. piracy) IS against the rules of the forum, which you agreed to upon creating an account here, and IS a ban-able offense.

Closing this thread but leaving it up as an example of righteousness and voting for better game design with your MONEY.

Delta, consider yourself warned.

Just think about how much money they are getting from Arma 2 thanks to him

And think about all the tears and confused fucks at some of the bigger studios when they saw the steam sales.

Studio executive tears are the most delicious tears of all.

• Like 3