LeOverlord

Possible Player Skin Additions - Already in Arma2: CO

I'm a pretty big fan of customization...

Don't really care how that portrays me...

I believe this mod could be much more enjoyable if more skins were added in...

NOTE: I would rather see more important fixes first, such as combat logging and a way to combat the onslaught of hackers/scripters... But I digress...

So I went looking around on ArmaHolic...

Great site, they did awesome work on getting visuals of just about every item in Arma2 and Op Arrowhead...

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ ...

So I looked through and found a few, well quite a few skins, that I believe would be nice to have in DayZ...

I focused on, lighter, skins...

Ones with as little gear and such hanging on the body, although some have a bit on them...

Obviously the Dev team would have to work with them to make sure they would work with backpacks and weapons...

Also the clothing spawns should be moved...

USMC, Russian, CDF, and the German skin should only be obtained through crashed helicopters and military loot spawns...

The guerrilla and insurgent skins should be obtained only at residential and hunting stands...

This would allow players to become more involved with their character, as well as distinguish possible friendlies and randoms...

Here are some skins I think could be added without seeming out of place...

QiCHm.jpg

oESj5.jpg

hd2JE.jpg

9BmZw.jpg

iV7Le.jpg

rCpXr.jpg

loKfR.jpg

HJGNn.jpg

E7HKG.jpg

6blJX.jpg

exLWf.jpg

b2QoM.jpg

rPP4Q.jpg

WsxLQ.jpg

AbWl8.jpg

zq63s.jpg

dYo5I.jpg

zDqM3.jpg

KigTA.jpg

UiWPa.jpg

8oNuE.jpg

That last one look familiar..? B)

Here is a link to the imgur album...

http://imgur.com/a/xKl15#0

But, that's just my opinion... What do y'all think..?

• Like 23

I would love to see customization in this game.

NOTE: I don't really care about those combat loggers, etc. As long as I play the way I play it's hard to battle me.

I would love to see customization in this game.

NOTE: I don't really care about those combat loggers, etc. As long as I play the way I play it's hard to battle me.

I still believe that you should spawn in as the normal, "survivor" skin...

I just think their should be more skins that appear as loot...

It would give players in large groups something to extra to work for...

As well as some personal flair to set yourself aside from the person to your left or right...

Edited by LeOverlord

I would love if they could add the Bandit Skin, and some other skins like the FR_AC, FR_Cooper, FR_Ohara & GUE_Soldier_3.

Would be awesome, but as a loot, like the guillie.

Would be much more fun :D

I would love if they could add the Bandit Skin, and some other skins like the FR_AC, FR_Cooper, FR_Ohara & GUE_Soldier_3.

Yeah my favorites are the GUE_Commander and the GUE_soldier_3...

I love his bad ass cowboy hat, and I also love the sweet camouflage hoodies...

Would be awesome, but as a loot, like the guillie.

Would be much more fun :D

Yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear up there...

But that's what I would like to see, more lootable skins i.e. camo clothing and the ghillie suit like pick ups in acceptable locations...

Edited by LeOverlord

How do you get the bandit skin in game?

You must be new here...

There used to be a humanity system implemented in game...

If you murdered too many people your humanity would drop...

At a certain level you get the, "Bandit" skin...

A.k.a. GER_Soldier_EP1...

Was removed for the time being...

To be reworked and re-implemented at a later date...

Edited by LeOverlord

Yea, this would be pretty cool.

Yes...

Yes it would...

:ph34r: ...

+1. I don't care what that makes either of us, I love cosmetic customization, too.

The camo variety would be nice and practical, but I'd like a little variety to civ clothes, too. Even better if you can get clothes for practical effects, like a jacket for cold/rain preserving body temperature better. You could carry around a couple of sets of clothes, camo for day/grass, black/dark civ clothes for night. Seems a no-brainer for survival as much as "bigger, better gun." I personally think bigger, better gun makes one a target, at least as a loner.

• Like 1

Rocket has already said he wants to incorporate clothing into the game.

He can just incorporate unique skins by adding packs of clothing rather than single clothing items.

That GUE Commander skin is epic. The hat man, the hat.

Edited by LordRayken

+1. I don't care what that makes either of us, I love cosmetic customization, too.

The camo variety would be nice and practical, but I'd like a little variety to civ clothes, too. Even better if you can get clothes for practical effects, like a jacket for cold/rain preserving body temperature better. You could carry around a couple of sets of clothes, camo for day/grass, black/dark civ clothes for night. Seems a no-brainer for survival as much as "bigger, better gun." I personally think bigger, better gun makes one a target, at least as a loner.

Here are a few that don't look ridiculous...

A little variety for civilian clothing, make them spawn in residential eh..?

sTdbA.jpg

94fxA.jpg

lOu7X.jpg

WvEHO.jpg

pZBuB.jpg

And a few female skins...

By the way, there are almost no good usable female skins in Arma CO...

They're almost all hookers and hoochie mama's...

t870M.jpg

8Ut2Z.jpg

apW2C.jpg

• Like 1

This is a copy and past from what I contacted the team about... tell me what you guys think cause this may be a better idea then just adding skins (no offense). Player killing may go down so we can all hope my master plan makes a mark is the DAY Z world... also tell me if their should be more occupations or changes to the ones I already put up... also put pics of how you think they should look... the future of DAY Z is no only in the hands of the makers but also in the hands of the players. :)

While pondering about a way to stop or minimize player killing in DAY Z that I came up with is to have new skins/occupations... you know when you pick male or female... put another thing after were you pick occupation, such as police officer... now each occupation has a slight difference then the rest of the occupations... I'll start off with the

Police Officer/Local Armed Forces- Spawn with the original revolver instead of pistol, but he is de-faulty more detectable because of his blue gear

Fire Fighter- Spawn with the next best backpack, giving them the option to carry more things at the start- what's a few more beans gonna hurt? you die so fast it's just more loot for the looter and only a slight advantage...

Paramedic- Spawn with (as many bloods as you want), and (as many pain pills as you want)(I recommend 1 blood and 1 pain so they aren't to advantaged), but start out with a few less bloods... who do you give blood to is your choice... you might make more friends if you play your blood right...

Military- Spawn with the choice of a rifle or shotgun depending on which they clicked for...(you could work that in)... and take slightly longer before food and water need be consumed...(doesn't have to be really long just maybe 15 minutes more so they don't have a big advantage over anyone else)

Special Forces- Spawn with they choice of a sniper rifle or... night vision goggles...(see in day or night its your choice)... they do not spawn with a flash light unlike everyone else so its their pick... and they also come with a gillie suit as well as a black SAS uniform...

Pilot- Spawn with all the parts needed to get a helicopter to fly...(not look good just make it fly)... but their backpack can only be used to carry vehicle parts and nothing else, therefore they have a disadvantage... and the backpack carries all the parts so you'll need to add extra spaces to the backpack so it can fit all of the parts...

Civilian- Default everything, nothing to change about the civilian other then maybe add a few more looks...

The reason all this stuff would be good is because it makes sense... if your a cop you'll have a better gun am I right? if your a fire fighter you carry a big thing on your back all day. and if your military you have bigger guns, would you not?... and it will cut back on player killing making it more about survival and zombies... everyone will have something to gain from teaming up instead of just killing people for supplies... you could put this on forum and do a vote or something but I think you should add this stuff...

This is a copy and past from what I contacted the team about... tell me what you guys think cause this may be a better idea then just adding skins (no offense). Player killing may go down so we can all hope my master plan makes a mark is the DAY Z world... also tell me if their should be more occupations or changes to the ones I already put up... also put pics of how you think they should look... the future of DAY Z is no only in the hands of the makers but also in the hands of the players. :)

While pondering about a way to stop or minimize player killing in DAY Z that I came up with is to have new skins/occupations... you know when you pick male or female... put another thing after were you pick occupation, such as police officer... now each occupation has a slight difference then the rest of the occupations... I'll start off with the

Police Officer/Local Armed Forces- Spawn with the original revolver instead of pistol, but he is de-faulty more detectable because of his blue gear

Fire Fighter- Spawn with the next best backpack, giving them the option to carry more things at the start- what's a few more beans gonna hurt? you die so fast it's just more loot for the looter and only a slight advantage...

Paramedic- Spawn with (as many bloods as you want), and (as many pain pills as you want)(I recommend 1 blood and 1 pain so they aren't to advantaged), but start out with a few less bloods... who do you give blood to is your choice... you might make more friends if you play your blood right...

Military- Spawn with the choice of a rifle or shotgun depending on which they clicked for...(you could work that in)... and take slightly longer before food and water need be consumed...(doesn't have to be really long just maybe 15 minutes more so they don't have a big advantage over anyone else)

Special Forces- Spawn with they choice of a sniper rifle or... night vision goggles...(see in day or night its your choice)... they do not spawn with a flash light unlike everyone else so its their pick... and they also come with a gillie suit as well as a black SAS uniform...

Pilot- Spawn with all the parts needed to get a helicopter to fly...(not look good just make it fly)... but their backpack can only be used to carry vehicle parts and nothing else, therefore they have a disadvantage... and the backpack carries all the parts so you'll need to add extra spaces to the backpack so it can fit all of the parts...

Civilian- Default everything, nothing to change about the civilian other then maybe add a few more looks...

The reason all this stuff would be good is because it makes sense... if your a cop you'll have a better gun am I right? if your a fire fighter you carry a big thing on your back all day. and if your military you have bigger guns, would you not?... and it will cut back on player killing making it more about survival and zombies... everyone will have something to gain from teaming up instead of just killing people for supplies... you could put this on forum and do a vote or something but I think you should add this stuff...

I really don't like the idea of a class based system in DayZ...

In all honesty there is nothing stopping you from doing this now, as the mod is...

I'm not sure if most people understand but when you begin grouping up...

Roles are automatically assigned...

Sure as time passes soon everyone has all the tools...

But at first there will be roles set out by the group...

Hey survivor A is the best shot, he's over watch...

Survivor B has a silenced weapon, lets make him raid the towns...

Also Survivor C isn't real good at anything yet, lets make him the pack mule...

I'm pretty sure that's how Rocket wanted it...

But correct me if I'm wrong...

EDIT

Also with a post like this, shouldn't you be making your own thread for it..?

Edited by LeOverlord

I like the gist of choosing an occupation that determines initial goodies and outfit, but we should still definitely have skins. (edit: lootable, obtainable skins of camo, other clothes, etc)

But NO military starter pack. Who would choose anything else? It would make the game more of a PVP deathmatch from the get-go.

Instead, small advantages, with base civilian being the most "balanced."

Civilian: base stuff + matches (why not? Could be a smoker, and helps get started). A watch. Maybe randomize another tool or something, perhaps randomly low chance to have a weapon to account for casual gun owner/concealed carry.

Cop: Revolver or maybe instead a Makarov and 1 clip, maybe 2. Nothing else.

Survivalist/Hunter: Hunting knife, perhaps hatchet or one other "decent" thing. Maybe sometimes a map.

Medical Professional: More bandages, painkillers, blood bag or two. No weapons or tools.

Mechanic: Toolbox.

Stuff like that.

Edited by Grim7

Those civilian clothes should be really common loot in residential places. I personally hate how EVERYONE has the same friggen hat and vest on.

• Like 1

Those civilian clothes should be really common loot in residential places. I personally hate how EVERYONE has the same friggen hat and vest on.

This. I tried getting revenge on a pair of bandits once (back when we all spawned with Makarovs), but for all I know, I might have taken out a survivor who had finished them off for me, simply because there was no way to tell them apart.

Warlord skin is definitely one of my favorites, especially for this kind of mod.

There are a lot of great skins out there that would be interesting. A problem I've run into though, is that some of the skins have forced faces, such as the civilian doctor, the school teacher, the functionaries (business suit guys) and the A2 single player protagonists (Cooper, Ohara, etc.), so as soon as you'd don these skins, you'd lose your character's custom face. There are workarounds for the Force Recon characters, since many of them have "generic" versions with the same outfits, but much to my disappointment I've been unable to get a single guy in a suit without a black toupe, and I've been unable to get a doctor in game without that mass of white hair.

I think most of players want more skins, or even way to change separately your pants, jacket and head gear to allow more customisation.

That would probably require DayZ be standalone though.

Anyway would be lovely to have more skins and I dont think it would be that hard to add them since they are already in Arma2+OA.

I think most of players want more skins, or even way to change separately your pants, jacket and head gear to allow more customisation.

That would probably require DayZ be standalone though.

Anyway would be lovely to have more skins and I dont think it would be that hard to add them since they are already in Arma2+OA.

Yeah...

Pretty sure all they would have to do is make sure player selected faces would work...

Oh and make sure backpacks show up...

It's gonna add some late game searching for it. Anyway, we still got issues with 2 cloths and also female is un-customizable.