The Lee Unit

Recording in Dayz.

Hey, i plan on recording Dayz with a friend of mine but ive just given it a go now and im having a massive problem recording using fraps. my fps drops extremely low (around like 10-20 in most cases) when im recording its genuinely confusing me now because i get the same results despite what graphics settings i seem to use.

im using the following fraps settings

recording at 30 fps

full size recording

frame rate lock off

lossless rgb off.

Pc Setup

i5 2500 3.3ghz

8gb ram

asus gtx 670 direct 2 top

seagate barracuda 1tb

anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

I seem to remember that fraps will drop the games framerate to what you are recording at, but why its going lower is probably due to ingame settings. Have u checked out the graphics tweak guides on these forums?

If you record to the same Hard drive as ARMA is installed in then you will notice HUGE frame rate loose, however if you record it to a external/another hard drive you should drop next to no frames.

I seem to remember that fraps will drop the games framerate to what you are recording at, but why its going lower is probably due to ingame settings. Have u checked out the graphics tweak guides on these forums?

yeah, ive had a fiddle around with pretty much everything ive seen posted which is why i created a topic, im at a complete loss.

If you record to the same Hard drive as ARMA is installed in then you will notice HUGE frame rate loose, however if you record it to a external/another hard drive you should drop next to no frames.

ive seen this mentioned about fraps in other places around the internet. is it guarenteed to work? i dont want to go and spend £100 on a decent HDD if it doesn't boost my fps atall.

i had the same issue and ended up just streaming to twitch with xplit and let twitch do the recording :)

some examples:

http://nl.twitch.tv/joschaap/videos/

Vipe once mentioned a fraps alternative too, but i cant remember the name..

Hello there

Recording to another HDD give me little or no fps drop.

Be aware filesizes can be huge, so you'll need to have great bandwidth to upload the vids or compress them and loose some quality.

Rgds

LoK

i had the same issue and ended up just streaming to twitch with xplit and let twitch do the recording :)

some examples:

http://nl.twitch.tv/joschaap/videos/

Vipe once mentioned a fraps alternative too, but i cant remember the name..

Alright thanks, ill give this xsplit thing a go and see what happens.