Sign in to follow this  
bigoso

Legit or Hacked

Yesterday i killed a guy in NW airfield and he had a M4A1 HOLO M203 SD*, i only found a non SD in day z wiki, is that gun hacked? if it is il just hide a zombie with it.

It is hacked, but you don't have to get rid of it. You are allowed to use it if you didn't hack it.

A hacker once made a gold revolver appear in my inventory. Ok, thanks buddy.

(Too bad I died and now it's gone.)

A friend of mine found one of those, could be fired and used just fine as far as we noticed.

However, when he tried to blow up a rubber boat by shooting a M203 nade at it he got kicked by battleye...

I've heard conflicting reports on this.

Heard of several people finding these now (in places they would spawn too), but extremely rare.

The wiki doesn't have information on it, so I'm at a loss on it.

It is hacked, but you don't have to get rid of it. You are allowed to use it if you didn't hack it.

A hacker once made a gold revolver appear in my inventory. Ok, thanks buddy.

(Too bad I died and now it's gone.)

What this guy said is so full of fail that it's not even funny. If you find a hacked gun and use it you can get banned same as the hacker.

Edited by Psychobob

What this guy said is so full of fail that it's not even funny. If you find a hacked gun and use it you can get banned same as the hacker.

I'm afraid not, I had the gold revolver for days, fired it, used it, and was never banned.

As long as you do not hack it in yourself, using the gun is fair game.

No you can't. (technically, if you bump into a self-righteous server admin who kills you, sees the gun, and writes your name down, he can server-ban you)

Battle Eye does not detect anything but scripts and Rocket himself has stated VERY clearly that you CANNOT get banned for using an item you pick up in-game.

• Like 1

No you can't. (technically, if you bump into a self-righteous server admin who kills you, sees the gun, and writes your name down, he can server-ban you)

Battle Eye does not detect anything but scripts and Rocket himself has stated VERY clearly that you CANNOT get banned for using an item you pick up in-game.

can you give me the link to the post where he says this? i may have found a questionable weapon in game. i would like to use it, but not if it will get me banned.

Rocket said if you kill a guy with a hacked gun it's fair game. You can get kicked by server admin for using. You can not get perma banned for using them.

http://dayzmod.com/f...rs/#entry446536

Took me a while to find that x_X

Thank you for finding this. I was also under the impression that having a hacked weapon in your inventory could get you flagged and banned from the Hive (not battleeye).

This puts to rest a concern we ran across tonight. My buddy and I had just respawned and were outside Cherno when we heard gunshots and went toward them. Figured all I had was a Lee Enfield, taking on a guy with an automatic is worth the risk. When we found him there was a guy leaning over a body in ghilie suit on the ground. I shot him a few times and killed him. We rushed out looting because we were in a high traffic area and didnt want someone to come up on us like we had him. When we checked out inventory my friend had picked up a M4 silenced and about 10 mags of SD ammo for it, and I had a regular m16 and a silenced pdw (plus other misc gear), however my friend also had a G36 SD clip on him. As far as I'm aware there is no G36 in the game so I was worried all of this gear was hacked in and we might get in trouble for it.

You cant get banned for using hacked weapons, only for spawning them in the first place. If you are caught and killed with it on your person however, you could then be branded a hacker and be reported. My advice mate is destroy it.

• Like 1

So I could get someone to hack in anything I want and I can use them consequence free. Stupid.

If by "consequence free," you mean someone had to pay 30 dollars to brick their game to get you some weapons- then yes, absolutely consequence free!

Just because YOU don't get banned doesn't mean there isn't a consequence...

last night me and my team raided the FoE clan camp on their own server, and one of these guys had a weapon like the OP found, 100% sure i'm gonna get kicked if the clan leader finds out there are someone else except them who usess hacked weapons :P

should still be ok to kill zombies with 5.56 and ignore the 203 thought.

Edited by kapania

Yesterday i killed a guy in NW airfield and he had a M4A1 HOLO M203 SD*, i only found a non SD in day z wiki, is that gun hacked? if it is il just hide a zombie with it.

Did you kill the person in the window of the firehouse at the NWAF? If so, that was me and I seriously miss that gun. M203 AND silenced, it was great. We found in in an admin camp that we raided a few days before, Along with rangefinders, guillies, NVGs, everything in about 5 cars. They turned out to be dirty, abusing admins who ban people for finding their camp, etc.

Enjoy it! Rocket said you can use guns even if they were hacked in. Wish i would have known how rare that gun was before I went to loot the airfield by myself.

Edit: Found in admin camp on US275. Those guys are dirty pricks who get butthurt and reset/lock servers when you find their stuff.

Edited by troniK

Nope. There is no way for a player to determine whether or not a found gun is hacked. You're not going to get banned for using one. New players don't know every gun in the game. No regular players know everything that gets changed in every patch.

Battleye might kick you for using one, though.