I've found several different backpacks while playing, but other then appearance there doesn't seem to be any real difference between any of them. Any bag I pick up can have 12 items such as food, drinks, painkillers, rifle ammo, etc. Another group of 8 for bandages and pistol magazines. Then a group with my compass, map, watch, knife, matches, and the like. I thought bags like the Alice Pack were able to hold more items then the starting backpack. Unless I'm missing something I really see no difference.

Your not opening the bag. Double click the bag to open it and move things from your inventory, to your bag - Using the arrows.

When looting directly into your bag look at the loot pile, press g, then double click your bag.

This will give you a view of your bags inventory.

• Like 1

um, the starting bag holds 8 items, Czech backback is 12, ALICE pack is 16, Coyote backpack is 24, ACU pack is 12. How is there no difference?

Double click on the bag in your inventory, or select it and hit "Open Bag".

The 12 and 8 slots you are refering to are just the items on your person (in pockets, pouches etc). Sounds like youve basically been playing without a backpack at all.

May I address you to this site?

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Backpack

And like they are saying when you open your gear either double click the backpack image or click the image once to highlight then click open bag on the bottom. If you are looking in a loot pile a different window will open and if not then there will be a set of numbers above the left column the closer the numbers are to each other the more room you have in your bag but if it says 0/8 or whatever the number on the right is your bags are full and will need to empty some objects before more can be put in.

Edited by RazorsEdge

um, the starting bag holds 8 items, Czech backback is 12, ALICE pack is 16, Coyote backpack is 24, ACU pack is 12. How is there no difference?

Alice pack is 20 slots just fyi

• Like 1

Ahhh, ok. Thanks for the help that should make things better.

Czech Vest Pouchers - 6 slots (why would anyone consider taking these? either start with it, or remove it completely)

Patrol Pack (the starting pack) - 8 slots.

Czech Backpack - 12 slots.

ALICE Pack - 20 slots.

Coyote Pack - 24 slots.

Would be nice if half of the ALICE pack spawns would be a new 16 slots pack.

Edited by Teiwaz