Sign in to follow this  
gantonski

Weapon nerfs? I dont see it..

according to dayzdb, and the forums, weapons have been nerfed. revolvers will no longer one shot zombies... im on 1.7.2.4 and running 95417 of ArmA.....

i still one shot zombies with my revolver.. is there something i havent updated?

Oh, so is that why I can't kill zombies with my Revolver?

I had several cases where I shot them 3 and even more times and they didn't die.

Though I had it on 1.7.2.3 aswell.

Edited by krtshv

yes im aware, but even with this change, i still one shot zombies.

You are the second person to note this. Try uninstalling everything and relaoding. See if that adjusts. I have been noticing some seriously odd things. It feels like I am seeing diffrent loot than other people I play with and sometimes it even seems like they see doors as open when I see them closed. I never bothered to ask about that one.

Once I was playing on a gmt -6 server at about 12am and it was daytime...

Are you headshotting them? Because with a 1911 most zombies are taking 2-3 shots minimum which used to be a very similar gun to the revolver. Now it's almost on par with the Makarov <_< (or seems to be)

Are you headshotting them? Because with a 1911 most zombies are taking 2-3 shots minimum which used to be a very similar gun to the revolver. Now it's almost on par with the Makarov <_< (or seems to be)

Lol. Makarov is even weaker now. You will need about 2-3 ~clips~ to kill a player.

A single shot to the head still works, it's shots to the body that are going to waste your ammo.

Edit: Unless you get lag. I am positive I hit a zombie in the head with my M1911 and he didn't go down, but other zombies did so I can only assume it was lag.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

Lol. Makarov is even weaker now. You will need about 2-3 ~clips~ to kill a player.

LOL Instead of adding body armor, did they just patch it in so we all start with it or something? :huh:

Again refrence for the new stats, take into account torso shots are the base number, so arm shots are still lower and hs is still one shot. Base blood for zombies is around 4000. Take those numbers and just go play. Here look at this too.

Again refrence for the new stats, take into account torso shots are the base number, so arm shots are still lower and hs is still one shot. Base blood for zombies is around 4000. Take those numbers and just go play. Here look at this too.

I know the reference (also, second link is oudated, just saying).

889 Base Damage, players have 12k HP. It'll take you about 13 bullets to kill one, and since a Makarov only has 8 Bullets per clip, you'll spend at least a clip and a half attempting to kill the player (assuming all the bullets hit the chest).

Basically, what I'm saying is, good luck attempting to kill people with a Makarov now.

Outdated with the updated refrence material just saying, try to aim for the legs then shoot his face. Fucking try TRY!

i noticed the same thing as op. I then realized that i apparently wasn't updated automatically to 1.62 like i thought. Despite this, i still was able to join servers as usual and one shot zombies without the update. I installed the update manually and now it is taking more than one shot to kill 'em.

LOL Instead of adding body armor, did they just patch it in so we all start with it or something? :huh:

We started with it, once...

Before that, we started with revolver...

Let me just tell you that everything was one huge deathmatch when people started with guns. Learn to sneek away from zombies through buildings and head straight for the barns to get your first hatchet.

That's the true way of survival!

• Like 1

i noticed the same thing as op. I then realized that i apparently wasn't updated automatically to 1.62 like i thought. Despite this, i still was able to join servers as usual and one shot zombies without the update. I installed the update manually and now it is taking more than one shot to kill 'em.

im on 1.62.95417 with DayZ 1.7.2.4 - still, played all day like a loser, one shot kill. most my shots are headshots but even then it might take two shots at most at further range.