cheetos (DayZ)

Reloading the Guns on the Heli

How do you do it? Both of our guns on the helicopter are empty and we have m240 ammo and cannot figure out for the life of us how to reload the damn things.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

no experience, but may have some suggestions:

* Have the ammo in your main inventory?

* Standoutside the heli with the ammo in the main inventory, try scroll on it and say "Reload bla bla at bla bla"

Hmm, when helicopters was here before they had like infinite ammo, i have seen it on a few videos and i can't see that it has been changed unless it got changed in the Arma 2 patch.

Yup, the whole point of the helicopter isn't to just fly over every city guns blazing, it's for rescues, scouting, or to help in a significant firefight on a server. Having unlimited ammo via guns/etc would be rather silly in a Helicopter :P

Have you tried putting them in the helicopter inventory?

yea, Ive tried pretty putting the ammo pretty much everywhere.

maybe the ammo come sback after a server restart?

This is brillant...a chopper that you cant reload ammo on until server restarts...must be some complicated coding to have a heli that reloads ammo...lol Sure they will figure it out in a few months.

This is brillant...a chopper that you cant reload ammo on until server restarts...must be some complicated coding to have a heli that reloads ammo...lol Sure they will figure it out in a few months.

or so you cant use duped ammo and fly around with your gunship of death all day

Edited by Buffjesus

In regular Arma 2 it requires an ammo truck to rearm a chopper, plane or any vehicle that has a gun on it.

Seems like making ammo trucks as a relatively rare spawn would suffice.

In regular Arma 2 it requires an ammo truck to rearm a chopper, plane or any vehicle that has a gun on it.

Thought you could reload from your inventory too if the vehicle uses the same type of ammo that infantry carry?

Then it's a toss up to which disappears first, your helicopter or ammo truck

It comes with a lot of ammo already, and so many servers restart daily, the servers I play on restart 4 times a day. That's plenty of ammo to be greifing people with.

There is not. I thought that was made clear by now.

I'm under the impression that it's not possible, but people keep saying that it is. My previous post is asking those who say it's possible to post how they think it works if they are saying it does. We tried everything you can think of and nothing works obviously.

I'm under the impression that it's not possible, but people keep saying that it is. My previous post is asking those who say it's possible to post how they think it works if they are saying it does. We tried everything you can think of and nothing works obviously.

If ur admin just hit restart button. Reloaded.