Sign in to follow this  
Burzaaa

- Alt + F4 and Abort during firefight fix idea -

Hey me and my friend were tracking this kid down and we were 50 meters away, we caught up and he dove in the ground and aborted.

i have a idea,

Make it so that you can not abort, leave, or anything while within 50 - 100 meters, of a zombie/player. or when you spawn in you die.

EDIT: there will be a warning that says

(In range) (YOU WILL DIE)

And (SAFE)

Edited by oEvilMod
  • Like 1

This could be exploited to find players, almost like having a radar.

Edited by LivingError

Good idea mate! Full support by me :D. hope this idea actually pulls through, someone ALT+F4'd from me when they had a hatchet, and i mean comeon, a hatchet? Who cares if you loose a hatchet.

No. No no no no no. Absolutely not.

ALT F4 fag

[Warned - 4L4N]

Edited by 4L4N
Unnecessary posting/Homophobic slurs.

ALT F4 fag

I never alt f4'ed douchebag. You can't just start assuming i ALT F4 cause I don't agree with your stupid,shitty idea. If you want people to actually agree with this crap,you can't call them faggots just because they don't agree with you. You're probably just a kid who wants people to agree with everything you want. Go fuck yourself. Next time please post something useful.

• Like 1

ALT F4 fag

Your not really going to gain support like that :\

Edit: This thread is going bad, I'm out of here.

Edited by LivingError

Your not really going to gain support like that :\

Exactly.

His idea is garbage anyways,just realised from your post that this could be used as a radar.

ALT F4 fag

1: Have a report, grow up and treat people nicely, even if they disagree with you.

2: Meh, it is a pretty bad idea. The current idea of a 5 sec disconnect, is a much better idea...and from reading the patchnotes sounds like it will be implemented when the Arma engine has had a few more beta patches.

I never alt f4'ed douchebag. You can't just start assuming i ALT F4 cause I don't agree with your stupid,shitty idea. If you want people to actually agree with this crap,you can't call them faggots just because they don't agree with you. You're probably just a kid who wants people to agree with everything you want. Go fuck yourself. Next time please post something useful.

You mad?

1: Have a report, grow up and treat people nicely, even if they disagree with you.

2: Meh, it is a pretty bad idea. The current idea of a 5 sec disconnect, is a much better idea...and from reading the patchnotes sounds like it will be implemented when the Arma engine has had a few more beta patches.

Omg a report :o well you get reported too

The Devs already are planning to delay player logouts to prevent ALT-F4'ing. And your idea is retarded, it could be used as a radar and if a player crashes in the vicinity of a teammate or friend, they die.

This thread needs to crash and burn, then never see the light of day.

Ohh noes...... I have done nothing wrong, except call you on your childish name calling.

You have gone for bigoted name calling....

Not exactly sure who will get reprimanded....ohh wait, I am.

Go back to X-box CoD, where homophobic name calling is tolerated.

Like I said, grow up...when you are able to carry out a discussion, come back to the forum.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/forum <-----now you can learn what a forum is for.

ALT F4 fag

[Warned - 4L4N]

Shit son...it just got real up in this bitch, huh?

"Edited by 4L4N, Today, 08:41 AM.

Unnecessary posting/Homophobic slurs."

Now if you feel like having a discussion, feel free to try again. I will treat you with respect, as long as you can abide by the same rules.

Edited by Tweakie

I had any idea about ALT+F4 issue but it still won't stop them from using Abort.

The ALT+F4 thing is like on Razer's software Synapse 2.0, you have an option to disable ALT+F4 while in a

game. If they could configure that into DayZ somehow, just not make it an option make it automatically enabled for everyone, then add the 10-15 sec timer before you can log out I believe we would see a lot less complaints. It would also make it more challenging from people aborting to get rid of zombies or stop bleeding until one of their friends can get close enough to bandage them when they log back in.

I had any idea about ALT+F4 issue but it still won't stop them from using Abort.

The ALT+F4 thing is like on Razer's software Synapse 2.0, you have an option to disable ALT+F4 while in a

game. If they could configure that into DayZ somehow, just not make it an option make it automatically enabled for everyone, then add the 10-15 sec timer before you can log out I believe we would see a lot less complaints. It would also make it more challenging from people aborting to get rid of zombies or stop bleeding until one of their friends can get close enough to bandage them when they log back in.

Basicly what is being done ATM (except only 5 secs, as a test...can still be upped in a later patch, if it is not enough)...it wasn't implemented this patch, as the arma engine still prohibits it...but it will come around soon enough.

Basicly what is being done ATM (except only 5 secs, as a test...can still be upped in a later patch, if it is not enough)...it wasn't implemented this patch, as the arma engine still prohibits it...but it will come around soon enough.

5 seconds is decent amount of time, players can still lose a good bit of blood from it and in close combat people can still be worried about getting killed.

So, you want to log off with your friends. You die.

You need to log off and some guy you don't know about is a block away from you. You die

You need to log off. You die.

Think logically and reasonably, dude. Zombies and players are literally everywhere. This would make the game completely unplayable. I'm sure even you have logged off near a player, or even an infected. If this is going to be fixed, It won't be this way. Ever.