paronity

Small tool to parse RPT file for player

Hey all server admins. I wrote a real small tool to help in researching bullshit players and possible hackers. I thought I would post it here just in case anyone else might find it useful. It's very small and extremely simple to use.

On your first launch, it will aks you to select where your RPT file is stored. It will save it for future runs. You will then see a screen that looks like this on top:

Image%202012-07-29%20at%203.23.58%20PM.png

Simply put in the players name you are trying to research and click Analyze and it will put their actions in order and remove everything else for you to make reviewing them a little simpler. It also find their playerNumber and searches for lines by name and ID to make it more thorough.

Image%202012-07-29%20at%203.25.29%20PM.png

Lastly, you can click the save button to save the results to a text file for sharing or further review later.

Again, nothing spectacular, but it has made our lives a bit simpler. Let me know if you find any issues or would like to see it do a little more or have any more options. We are in this admining game together and need all the help we can get.

Download: http://img.paronity.com/IYYe

Contact me on steam: Paronity

-Paronity

Edited by Paronity
  • Like 8

Seems interesting. I will try this out.

For the following you will need to have Filezilla FTP Server running and configured

Ok for those who are running dedicated servers. Here is how you can connect to it naively in windows.

1. Start > Right Click on Computer > Map Network Drive

2. Click on the link that says connect to a web site

3. Just follow the the next button until you have to enter an address in

4. Now you will need to up ftp://Username:Password@IPADDRESS

5. Name it something like DayZ Server or whatever

6. Profit

I will get some images up if possible

Edited by Ryahn
  • Like 3

This might be pretty useless next patch since they're reducing what gets logged. We'll see...

Yea - It's like they sit there and figure out what they can do to make it even easier to hack this game.....

There seems to be some confusion as the whether the hook for BE bypass logs anything at all...

Guess you can catch the dumb-asses with this.

I've added this to the thread in my sig below. Good work!

You still need a lot of work on that tool ! :)

I'll reply here as well as to your PM:

Not sure what you mean. The tool was smiply used to organize the lines in the log. How exactly does it need more work? It's not intended as an RCON tool. What I wrote for that is not public yet.

What kinds of things are you looking for it to do exactly?

Like it!...thanks for making this,i look forward to your Rcon tool being complete too B)

Seems interesting. I will try this out.

For the following you will need to have Filezilla FTP Server running and configured

Ok for those who are running dedicated servers. Here is how you can connect to it naively in windows.

1. Start > Right Click on Computer > Map Network Drive

2. Click on the link that says connect to a web site

3. Just follow the the next button until you have to enter an address in

4. Now you will need to up ftp://Username:Password@IPADDRESS

5. Name it something like DayZ Server or whatever

6. Profit

I will get some images up if possible

its ftp://Username:Password@IPADDRESS:Port if you do it that way.

~silent

It just crashes when I hit analyze. "Unhandled Exception" Anyone having this issue or know of a fix?

Look in the event viewer for an error from the .NET 4.0 Framework and post the stack trace here. Did you set the RPT path correctly, and does the user running the tool have read access to the file/location? There is very little error handling in there since it's such a simple application.

http://i.imgur.com/0FoG7.png

This is interesting.

Hmmmm.... Most likely because it has the ability to save files to the disk. Virus programs look for known signatures, hooks, or algorithms to determine whether something is legit or not. I can guarantee you that if you submit that report to them for review - they will mark it as clean.

Either way, if you don't trust it, don't use it. I'm not making you. :)

Furthermore, I have a reputation to uphold with the tools that are available to the public in other parts of the gaming community, it would be stupid of me to release a malicious tool.....just sayin.

EDIT: It occurs to me that error might be coming from chrome, is that correct? If so, chrome uses URL's to determine if something could be malicious based on user reports in which case, since I uploaded it to a cloud sharing app, it's going to be listed as potentially unwanted since I can guarantee you someone has uploaded a virus using it...

Edited by Paronity

I think it's likely that chrome throws this error simply because you're attempting to download an executable file. If you zip or rar the file and link to that, the errors should go away.

• Like 1

I think it's likely that chrome throws this error simply because you're attempting to download an executable file. If you zip or rar the file and link to that, the errors should go away.

Nah, I've been using chrome for years and this is the first time I've ever seen this.

Edit: Does seem to just be a chrome issue though since the file checks out through other scanners online.

Edited by Tyler Salwierz

Just in case you are right - I updated the link with a zip instead of straight to the EXE.

Nah, I've been using chrome for years and this is the first time I've ever seen this.

Edit: Does seem to just be a chrome issue though since the file checks out through other scanners online.

My message was to the op... It's bad practice to host executable files for download without adding them to a zip (or similar) archive first. Many browsers as well as 3rd party antimalware programs will throw a false positive when the user attempts to grab an executable file.

I've used Chrome since its debut as well, and this is my first run in with the "malicious" message as well, though I almost never download exe files that aren't part of an archive. Malware detection was only introduced into Chrome less than a year ago... so it's unlikely that I would have ever downloaded an exe while this functionality was present.

Just in case you are right - I updated the link with a zip instead of straight to the EXE.

Well, looks like I was officially wrong as I still get the message. Interestingly enough, I put the file on one of my webservers, and downloaded it with chrome, and did not get the message.

Try rar'ing the file with winrar and then revise the download link to point to that... That gets rid of all of the issues from one of my webservers.

I think it's his website causing the issue and not the file. More then likely chrome has it flagged because of some prior activity.

I think it's his website causing the issue and not the file. More then likely chrome has it flagged because of some prior activity.

Totally possible. Unfortunately Chrome doesn't seem to list a reason why they've flagged the file as malicious.

img.paronity.com is merely a DNS redirect to cl.ly

cl.ly is a domain for CloudApp (FluffyApp) to share files. If I moved it to my personal domain/server, I am sure the error would go away.

Chrome is probably hating on cl.ly.

I am using a managed server, I can download the RTP file, and it does analyze it. However I can see everything except the player inventory. Am I doing something wrong?