Sign in to follow this  
lanix

Weapon Attachments spawn in loot piles

Have you ever found an M4A1? or an M16A2 but you can never find one with a sight? well this will solve all of your problems.

Essentially, these would spawn in military places (Stary/airfields/Deer stands) you would pick ip up, it would go into your normal inventory and you would be able to right-click it and select an option that says something like "Attach to weapon" it would do a simple animation and when you scope in again you would have that particular attachment on your weapon.

Attachments could be "combined" to create a silenced M16 with a scope or a scopes M203 M16 etc.

Plausible attachments:

1.Flashlight

2. M203

3. CCO sight

4. AWS scope (possibly add in an L86A2 without the AWS scope)

5. KOBRA sight

6. Silencer

7. AN/PVS-4 night vision sight (FN-FAL)

8. HWS sight

If this was already posted i did not see it

Edited by TheOnlyLanix
  • Like 15

Thank you BF3 and a bunch of other games for making shooters all about accessorizing your gun.

If this is the way we are going, i want a hello kitty holo sight.

Whats so bad about making your stock gun better? Customization is always good. It morph your guns to you needs and wants. How is that bad?

Thank you BF3 and a bunch of other games for making shooters all about accessorizing your gun.

STALKER had that system long before BF3/COD stole it.

Go have a look at the weapon system in ARMA 3. I'm going to assume that is to your liking.

For those that haven't seen it (get out from under your rock), any weapon that has a rail/attachment system gets slots which can have attachments that use those systems to be added to the weapon, including suppressors/muzzle breaks of the corresponding caliber.

So you can go from having a bog standard M4, to attaching a flashlight, M203 launcher and an ACOG scope or laser sight, suppressor, reflex sight and foregrip. Kind of like the make your own sundae bars.

Obviously nothing has been said, but i would think its one of the things that gets 'borrowed' from the ARMA 3 engine along with the whole inventory system.

Edited by Trooper

Why do people keep talking about Arma 3, Rocket doesn't want to move to Arma 3, I believe he is going to keep using Arma 2 engine and then go standalone along the lines of how minecraft was and have the game that way.

Why would rocket rewrite the whole mod for a new game, new engine when he can take a step even further and go standalone, I highly doubt there will be DayZ for Arma 3 so don't go preordering it now just for DayZ (yes it's a great game and worth buying).

Have you ever found an M4A1? or an M16A2 but you can never find one with a sight? well this will solve all of your problems.

Well... My problem is quite worse. I've found a FN FAL AN/PVS-4 and it's sad because it is useless during the day because of it's Nightvision scope. I suggest to make an option to also have the possibility to detach the attachments.

• Like 1

Good luck attaching these without a proper testing bench. I think only the PSO scopes are the exception

Well... My problem is quite worse. I've found a FN FAL AN/PVS-4 and it's sad because it is useless during the day because of it's Nightvision scope. I suggest to make an option to also have the possibility to detach the attachments.

Ahh yes, you would be able to do this too. because of the scopes on some of these weapons, it just sucks sometimes. if would also be cool if you could take the scope off a sniper for those closer encounters

Can't you just hit "N" to turn off the nightvision?

Why do people keep talking about Arma 3, Rocket doesn't want to move to Arma 3, I believe he is going to keep using Arma 2 engine and then go standalone along the lines of how minecraft was and have the game that way.

Why would rocket rewrite the whole mod for a new game, new engine when he can take a step even further and go standalone, I highly doubt there will be DayZ for Arma 3 so don't go preordering it now just for DayZ (yes it's a great game and worth buying).

Arma 3 looks to be a MUCH better game engine, for everything from map size to player count and just about everything. They are talking about 2-300 player servers on maps that are 500+sq mi. I think it would be somewhat of a bad decision to not use the arma 3 engine, especially since he said he was already working with the engine and it was very easy to port over. Have you looked at the arma 3 footage? Shame on you sir. The night lighting alone is enough to encourage glow-stick dance parities for years to come. Also is he planning on a standalone release or to start stan alone development by the end of the year. It takes a lot of time to get these business deals set up and clearly from the amount of hackers, a lot of work needs to be out into the game before it is in any way a viable commercial product just to fix security issues and I would would hope arma 3 would help a lot of security issues.

And

Good luck attaching these without a proper testing bench. I think only the PSO scopes are the exception

obviously that would be another thing, they would have to add in weapons shops in towns and on military bases that would have weapon mod benches like dead space where you work on your weapon that would add some VERY dangerous spots.

Borrowed??Just move it over to A3 when it releases.

The mod is not even finished for arma 2. If he is going to do anything with the game it would be to make it stand-alone.

obviously that would be another thing, they would have to add in weapons shops in towns and on military bases that would have weapon mod benches like dead space where you work on your weapon that would add some VERY dangerous spots.

you can eat beans without a can-opener. why would we need weapon shops or work benches? it doesnt have to be that complex or anything.

would love customizable weapons... include ways to paint them with different camo patterns too

Would also like to see weapon wear / repair

Maybe you could possibly find a screwdriver or something in loot piles and you would need said screwdriver to remove/add attachments

you can eat beans without a can-opener. why would we need weapon shops or work benches? it doesnt have to be that complex or anything.

I can open a can of beans with a rock and have in real life (boy scout desperation ftw). I would have a lot of trouble attaching a silencer or scope with a rock.

I didn't realize you needed special tools to put a sight on a rail. At most you need a screwdriver or allen wrench. As for silencers I don't think any of them require tools for mounting.

The ability to customize weapons is a great idea and should be available for most weapons. I for one, would love to see this implemented!

I honestly want that now. A hello kitty face instead of the red circle.

Yes everyone thinks its a great idea for standalone... Its been posted like 15 times already.

Edited by koze

Arma 3 looks to be a MUCH better game engine, for everything from map size to player count and just about everything. They are talking about 2-300 player servers on maps that are 500+sq mi. I think it would be somewhat of a bad decision to not use the arma 3 engine, especially since he said he was already working with the engine and it was very easy to port over. Have you looked at the arma 3 footage? Shame on you sir. The night lighting alone is enough to encourage glow-stick dance parities for years to come. Also is he planning on a standalone release or to start stan alone development by the end of the year. It takes a lot of time to get these business deals set up and clearly from the amount of hackers, a lot of work needs to be out into the game before it is in any way a viable commercial product just to fix security issues and I would would hope arma 3 would help a lot of security issues.

And

So... guess I proved you wrong now that Rocket announced standalone to be released in alpha before Arma 3.

Clearly, its Battlefield 3s fault that people like to customize things. Fuck customization.